The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

Popping by for a hug :hug::hug::hug:
Morning Sue:love:

Sorry I missed you. Thanks my friend. I needed that. You must have heard me calling out. I did that silently, so I'm duly impressed. How sweet. :battingeyelashes::love:

:hug::hug::hug:

Med GOM 1.0 (Day 12) She's still not where I think she needs to be for her FIM.

image14072.jpeg

I took some closeups for arteekay.

image14073.jpeg

image14074.jpeg

Yup, a few more days. I'll bet you'll hit right on day 14 on both.

Still thinking of trying a FIM though? We're straight up topping...

Yup, a few more days. I'll bet you'll hit right on day 14 on both.

Still thinking of trying a FIM though? We're straight up topping...

I'm planning on topping. I've thought about it and decided to stick with what's proven to work.

Sue, that's great news about your daughter, and your own pain relief! I have a friend with chronic pain that hope to treat with some of my Critical Cure. It's encouraging to hear how well it's working for you! .

We were just talking about this SlowToke. It took the third dose for me to feel the pain release, but it's been consistently effective between doses since then. Very encouraging. Towards the end of the dosing window I get a bit more twinge, but not that bad at all actually. So we know it works for anxiety, depression, and pain. I'll be interested in hearing how your friend responds.

I went with:

- Day One: Start with one capsule, three times a day.
- Day 2-4 If you didn't feel any difference on day one add one more capsule per dose.
- Day 5-7 If you didn't feel anything different by day 5, add one more capsule per dose.
- Stick with this level until you can re-evaluate with your caregiver.

Both my daughter and I found relief at one capsule three times a day. Keep me in the loop, please.

It's important to remember that cannabis is an herb, not a pharmaceutical. Working at the cellular level to create change instead of mask symptoms can take longer initially, but the rewards are more permanent and hopefully lead to healing.

Daily Update: Friday, July 1, 2016

Another quiet day of root growing. :battingeyelashes: :love:

The Swick reservoir got water added. That was it for gardening chores. I've been playing with tinctures again. I'll have a post on them later. I'm testing out the ethanol tincture of the DDA I had in the freezer.

image14128.jpeg

Med GOM 1.0 (Day 13)

image14129.jpeg

This is what I'll be topping tomorrow. I believe arteekay called this perfectly. :high-five:

image14139.jpeg

Dark Devil Auto (Day 11) Doesn't she look like she's getting ready to fly away? :laughtwo:

image14130.jpeg

I placed an order for five Dinafem's new Industrial Plant Auto CBD. It's got a CBD:THC ratio of 2:1, similar to the Med GOM 1.0. and I'm interested in seeing which one I can get a better yield from. This 2:1 ratio has turned out to be excellent meds.

image595.png

That's all for today. Tomorrow I start one of the hempy bucket seeds. Tead's had great success with sprouting the seed in perlite, so i need to refresh my memory banks on his technique before I begin. I'll be doing one pot with Osmocote Plus and the other (the one I'm starting next week) using Sierra Natural Science's Natural Growth Supplements.

image14140.jpeg

Just a little nervous about this switch in growing technique. Tead's a dependable guy, so I'm certain he'll be there to coax me through. This is a system that's simplicity itself, by his testimony and demonstration. I am excited about learning something this far out of my comfort zone. It should be interesting, if nothing else. I guess I just really love a challenge. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks for stopping by. Now get out there and be joyful dammit! :laughtwo: It's been an emotionally draining day and yet I managed to be a joyful beacon. If I can survive my day and still be singing a happy tune, how much more joyful can you be? No pressure now. :laughtwo:

I'm headed over to Shiggity's smokeathon. Haven't checked in for a while. It's probably a few more pages along. Lol! Hope to see you there. :ciao:

:oops: I forgot about this.

Tincture Central

Started another tincture. The Road Kill Skunk I was gifted this week has the most delicious smell, I decided it was the perfect choice for a quick tincture recipe I found. Someone mentioned that they'd seen a video on YouTube somewhere of some doctors who were using this recipe to treat cancer. I haven't seen this video, and to be honest, never went looking for it.

Three grams of finely ground and decarbed bud (decarbed at 240 degrees F for 60 minutes). The parchment paper helps to equalize the heat.

image14127.jpeg

Empty out most of a small bottle of vodka and add the finely ground herb. Add as much of the removed vodka as you can back into the bottle.

image14131.jpeg

image14132.jpeg

I got all but 1 ml back into this one. Close it tightly and shake vigoriously.

image14133.jpeg

Into the freezer for at least five days, shaking a couple times a day.

image14134.jpeg

While I was in there I pulled out the Dark Devil Auto ethanol tincture I have extracting, strained and bottled it. I'd been researching, and I believe the posts I'm finding saying five days is sufficient. At least one poster I read did side-by-sides for five and 10 days, and in his opinion the five day extraction was ready to go.

image14135.jpeg

I strained through two filters.

image14136.jpeg

Squeezing out all I could gave me just over an ounce of liquid. It ended up being almost exactly 40 ml. I'm drying out the waste material. I'm going to do a test smoke of it to see if there's any psychoactivity left. My assumption is that the five days and all that shaking should have harvested the vast majority of the oil. If I get a buzz from the waste material I'll know that the next time I should extend the extraction time. If I get a buzz the rest will become brownies or cookies. :slide:

I measured out an equivalent bottle filled with water and came up with 57 doses, what one gets with one squeeze of the dropper. I estimate each of those doses will contain approx. 10 mg of cannabinoids based on my rough guess formula:

I started out figuring approx. 100 mg of cannabinoids per gram of cannabis. You can expect to have between 100-200 mg per gram, but not being able to have mine tested, I go for the low range in estimates. I can only expect to be able to get about 85% of those cannabinoids harvested through my rough extraction method, again an on-purpose underestimate.

I can get away with all this severe underestimating because cannabis can't hurt you. If I were using this for a patient I'd find a way to get it tested. If I were having it tested I'd also make a much larger batch.

100 mg cannabinoids/gram x 7 grams = 700 x 85% extraction = 595 mg available/57 doses = 10.43 mg rounded down to 10 mg of cannabinoids per dose.

I have no way of knowing what those cannabinoids are without testing. There's absolutely no information available as to the cannabinoid profile one can expect from the DDA. Obviously a recreational strain. I'd like to get some of the DDA meds tested though, because we know they work for pain and I know they work for mood adjustment and motivation. There are many of us growing who agree that this strain should be considered as a medicinal choice. Oh for some testing. *frustrated sigh*

image14137.jpeg

I also have the rudimentary pain reliever that's just 91% ISO and some trim sitting off to the side of my area that I give a good shake every day.

image37137.jpg

Then there's my special extraction of DDA in glycerin that I've been rolling back and forth on the floor a couple times a day for a few minutes. It's been about a month for that one (I forgot to write it on my flow sheet :straightface:), needing another month. At that point I'm going to strain it out as best I can, add another batch of fresh plant material and some liquid lecithin and give it another two months. This one's an artisan batch, for me and me alone. :cheesygrinsmiley:

image37138.jpg

I have a sense that a combination of brownies and tinctures are going to be where I settle for my own protocol, with the addition of three CBD capsules a day. :oops: Forgot to take the afternoon dose. BRB........... Done! :laughtwo:

Wow! I just took a dose of tincture, holding it in my mouth as long as possible. That'll wake you up! Now, let me sit and feel for a few minutes.

I find it amazing that every way you consume has a completely different experience of the high. Let's test out the tincture.

- Five minutes: Racy heartbeat, grinding of teeth that are no longer there. :laughtwo:
- Ten minutes: Took another dose. The squeeze only pulls up a half dropper full and, by my estimate a whole dropper is equivalent to a ml, so with two doses that's what I'm estimating it to be.
- Fifteen minutes: Another bout of raciness.
- Twenty minutes: Mild buzz effects taking form.
- Twenty-five minutes: No increase in buzz level. I'll wait another five minutes and take another dose.
- Thirty minutes: Took another dose.
- Forty minutes: Starting to climb.
- Forty-five minutes: Took one more dose. That makes two full droppers, or approx 2ml of tincture.
- Fifty minutes: Climbing to where SweetSue wants to be.
- Fifty-five minutes: Serious head rush. I can live with this.

Next time I'll take the full two droppers full all at once. The time after that I'll try in a cup of tea. I think mint tea or the Ginger and Lemon. Either should be a good match for the earthy tincture flavors. This is a different type of buzz. I'll have to ride it out and see how it goes.

It's been another half an hour and I feel normal for me, which means I have a fair buzz going. Yep, that's what it feels like. When I started I was feeling a bit morose. That mood is completely dispelled, replaced with optimism and a bit of giggliness. :laughtwo: So the tincture will take about the same amount, proportionately, that the brownies take to get to this level of mind expansion, to where I feel normal. Different delivery systems to fit different needs. It's neat that both tinctures and brownies are so discreet that no one questions. I've stood at the bus stop and had a brownie. No one even looks.

I realized today while out shopping that having a fully-loaded vapor pen in your purse means you can slip into a bathroom stall of a store, grab a quick buzz refresher while out shopping, and no one's the wiser. Sweet. It made the emotional stress so much easier to weather. My oh my, how my life has changed in two short years. Lol!

I'll catch you around the yards. Off to Shiggity's now. :ciao:

Daily Update: Friday, July 1, 2016

This is what I'll be topping tomorrow. I believe arteekay called this perfectly. :high-five:

image14139.jpeg

That's the one we're after, I'm gonna guess it'll be late tomorrow if this picture is from this evening. We need that node to be far enough along to have a clear separation between it and the two new growth tips below, which I treat like like soap bubbles (aka, no touchie!)

Dark Devil Auto (Day 11) Doesn't she look like she's getting ready to fly away? :laughtwo:

image14130.jpeg

She's absolutely beautiful! We've been hitting our sprouts with a little too much light lately, so they lose their perfection too quickly.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL LIGHTING THE STUFF THAT HAS BEEN SOAKING IN ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :surrender:

You need to make sure ALL the alcohol has evaporated! :circle-of-love:

How lovely to see you Sara. I was just thinking I hoped you'd stop. That was almost psychic in its timing. :laughtwo:

I posted some additional information on the dosing thread, and contained within that post is information on insomnia you may find helpful. I'd promised to link you to it.

Additional dosing information

I hope this helps you. If not, let's keep looking. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

:oops: I forgot about this.

Tincture Central

Started another tincture. The Road Kill Skunk I was gifted this week has the most delicious smell, I decided it was the perfect choice for a quick tincture recipe I found. Someone mentioned that they'd seen a video on YouTube somewhere of some doctors who were using this recipe to treat cancer. I haven't seen this video, and to be honest, never went looking for it.

Excellent post, mi amiga! Your getting me fired up to try my hand at some making a tincture. Once I get a handle on concentrated oil of course. First things first.

And if anyone knows the link to the YouTube video, can you post it please?

Thanks!

Excellent post, mi amiga! Your getting me fired up to try my hand at some making a tincture. Once I get a handle on concentrated oil of course. First things first.

And if anyone knows the link to the YouTube video, can you post it please?

Thanks!

You opened up door to a new rabbit hole SlowToke. :laughtwo: I went looking and found so much more I hadn't paid attention to yet.

Daily Update: Saturday, July 2, 2016

Sometime this evening I have to fall into study mode of all things hempy. Tomorrow I drop the next seed. I got myself turned around earlier in the week and thought today was Sunday. Living an unstructured life is not without its challenges. One of mine seems to be remembering what day I'm in. :laughtwo:

Time for a change!!!

The Med GOM 1.0 turned 14 days old today and lost her head.

image14168.jpeg

I used a pair of tweezers to gently but firmly bend the top side to side until it snapped off.

image14169.jpeg

I'll be using this technique from now on. Look how clean that topping was. I can't believe it took me so long to try this.

image14170.jpeg

All done and no worse for wear. I have to believe that'll heal faster and with less disturbance to the plant's systems. She shouldn't slow down much at all.

image14171.jpeg

Which is good. She has quite a ways to go.

image14173.jpeg

Dark Devil Auto (Day 12)

image14172.jpeg

One last glance back.

image14174.jpeg

You guys will appreciate this. Off to the side I have a small inverted box.

image14175.jpeg

Beneath this box is a group of small glass coasters and such, each holding a small bit of a different strain. This is my buzz buffet. :laughtwo: Spoiled?? Me?? What would make you think that? :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

image14176.jpeg

I hope you're all enjoying the holiday weekend. Apparently our Canadian counterparts run off to lakes for this weekend. Lol! Wherever this finds you, fill it with joyful expression. This is a good weekend for the healing power of laughter with friends and family. Be safe and have a joy-filled celebration.

:Namaste:

Daily Update: Saturday, July 2, 2016

Sometime this evening I have to fall into study mode of all things hempy. Tomorrow I drop the next seed. I got myself turned around earlier in the week and thought today was Sunday. Living an unstructured life is not without its challenges. One of mine seems to be remembering what day I'm in. :laughtwo:

Time for a change!!!

The Med GOM 1.0 turned 14 days old today and lost her head.

image14168.jpeg

I used a pair of tweezers to gently but firmly bend the top side to side until it snapped off.

image14169.jpeg

I'll be using this technique from now on. Look how clean that topping was. I can't believe it took me so long to try this.

image14170.jpeg

All done and no worse for wear. I have to believe that'll heal faster and with less disturbance to the plant's systems. She shouldn't slow down much at all.

Beautiful work. I need to get myself a pair of those tweezers. I believe the younger the removal the better, when dealing with autos with short veg times. Kinda like why they crop, castrate, circumcise, infect with chicken pox, etc., while young.

I hope you're all enjoying the holiday weekend. Apparently our Canadian counterparts run off to lakes for this weekend. Lol! Wherever this finds you, fill it with joyful expression. This is a good weekend for the healing power of laughter with friends and family. Be safe and have a joy-filled celebration.

Well, when the lakes are only completely ice-free for a couple hours a year, ya gotta take advantage of it while you can. :rofl:

Beautiful work. I need to get myself a pair of those tweezers. I believe the younger the removal the better, when dealing with autos with short veg times. Kinda like why they crop, castrate, circumcise, infect with chicken pox, etc., while young.

We let those tweezers "fall" into my bag once during an office visit to his vascular surgeon. :cheesygrinsmiley: Dale built ships in bottles and did model trains in T-gauge. The locomotives were smaller than an inch. It took specialized tools that could be hard to come by. Those tweezers were a real find for him. :laughtwo:

Middle of the night entertainment.

With the smokeathon running at full speed I've been smoking more than normal, and it's reinforced my belief that all of my meds should be edibles or concentrates. I don't focus enough on smoking to get the job done. I take a hit and start reading. So I went looking for some ideas for ingesting and I came across a recipe for THC capsules that I adapted and made a batch of tonight.

THC Capsules

3 Tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 Tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin.

image14183.jpeg

Mix in three grams of dry bud.

image14184.jpeg

Into the crock pot.

image14185.jpeg

Invert a small jar to catch any splatter (there shouldn't be, and there wasn't).

image14186.jpeg

Cook on low for two hours. You can see the decarb bubbles on the surface.

image14187.jpeg

Let it cool completely and fill capsules. You don't need to filter out the plant material, and I didn't bother to do so. I got 48 capsules, 43 of which are almost all oil. The rest have more oil-saturated plant material in them.

image14188.jpeg

Tomorrow I'll take one and wait half an hour before taking another. I'll keep repeating that until I get righteously buzzed.

Gee whiz, this was fun. Licked the spoon and the dropper and the dish it was cooked in. :laughtwo: If I wasn't falling asleep I'd be totally baked right now, but all I really want is to climb into bed, so let me say

Good night. :love:

FYI...the "tweezers" are Adson Tissue Forceps and can be purchased for a few buck on Amazon. They come with different "teeth" styles, including no teeth at all.

FYI...the "tweezers" are Adson Tissue Forceps and can be purchased for a few buck on Amazon. They come with different "teeth" styles, including no teeth at all.

You're a marvelously well-informed traveling companion. Hmmmm..... I'm gonna have to stick close to you. I can see you're gonna be one of those that I'll be seeing that "you must spread more reputation around....." message with great frequency. :laughtwo:

Good morning everyone. :love:

image14188.jpeg

Took the first capsule at exactly 10 AM. I'll wait half an hour.

10:30 AM: I felt the first THC capsule hit within ten minutes. I'd expected that, since I'd used both coconut oil and lecithin to make these. It's been a mild buzz for the past half hour, slowly climbing. I took a second capsule and set the alarm for 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom