The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

Well, I have a quart jar full of powdered OGK leaf powder, and I found a recipe or two online, where you mix 2 C PB and and an eighth of bud powder and heat in oven around 325 F for 25 min. One can add a small bit of oil, if the mixture gets too solid. Bad taste review for using olive oil, tho. Probably coconut oil would be better.

I'll have to use twice as much, since my powder is leaf material, like I use in the capsules.

Well, I have a quart jar full of powdered OGK leaf powder, and I found a recipe or two online, where you mix 2 C PB and and an eighth of bud powder and heat in oven around 325 F for 25 min. One can add a small bit of oil, if the mixture gets too solid. Bad taste review for using olive oil, tho. Probably coconut oil would be better.

I'll have to use twice as much, since my powder is leaf material, like I use in the capsules.

There's high enough fat/oil content in the PB that you are able to do the extraction using the natural peanut oils. As you mentioned, you only really need to add oil if it gets too thick and peanut oil would probably be best as far as maintaining flavor. Just do a lot of mixing while you're heating. ;)

This recipe has oil:

[video=youtube;BWgtBT1TpB0]
[/video]

This has no oil:

[video=youtube;SYMWW2zaupY]
[/video]

I had a whole 16 oz unopened jar of natural crunchy PB in oil, the kind that is not homogenized. So I scooped it out into a glass bowl and mixed it up. I had to add coconut oil because it was so dry, even mixed. Then I discovered I had OGK bud powder from last year's crop, so mixed 4.5 grams into that. It's now in the oven at 325 d F for 30 min.

I tasted it cold, and it really was not bad at all. It has a mild cannibus aftertaste, so it will be really edible in a PB, Jelly and dill pickle sandwich! I'll return it to the PB jar when it's done and still runny, then refrigerate till solid.

YUMMMMMMMMM

Is that a bad thing? I sure get a good night's sleep!

Missed this earlier. No, I'd call that a good thing. I was under the impression you wanted the zippy sativa buzz. It's what I live for. :laughtwo:

Mr. Krip, :high-five: Yeah, that got you reps. :battingeyelashes:

I had a whole 16 oz unopened jar of natural crunchy PB in oil, the kind that is not homogenized. So I scooped it out into a glass bowl and mixed it up. I had to add coconut oil because it was so dry, even mixed. Then I discovered I had OGK bud powder from last year's crop, so mixed 4.5 grams into that. It's now in the oven at 325 d F for 30 min.

I tasted it cold, and it really was not bad at all. It has a mild cannibus aftertaste, so it will be really edible in a PB, Jelly and dill pickle sandwich! I'll return it to the PB jar when it's done and still runny, then refrigerate till solid.

YUMMMMMMMMM

I like the way you spring into action girl! :bravo:

"You have an internal pharmacy that's producing cannabinoids all the time, and the power of your belief can trigger that pharmacy for your own benefit." - Dr. Dustin Sulak

didnt realize how hot 325 d F is, but a tiny taste test was very good. Am going to have to refrigerate it a bit to cool it down for storage. 4.5 g of powdered OGK (sativa) bud in 16 0z of PB might nt do much, but I'm an occasional user, so I just might get very sleepy!

EDIT: I guess I can always add more bud powder and reheat if it's too weak. Do you think 300 mg cannibus per serving (2 TBS) will be strong enough?

didnt realize how hot 325 d F is, but a tiny taste test was very good. Am going to have to refrigerate it a bit to cool it down for storage. 4.5 g of powdered OGK (sativa) bud in 16 0z of PB might nt do much, but I'm an occasional user, so I just might get very sleepy!

EDIT: I guess I can always add more bud powder and reheat if it's too weak. Do you think 300 mg cannibus per serving (2 TBS) will be strong enough?

That should be a very good start and maybe a little much depending on your experience/tolerance! Dosing edibles can be tough since few of us have our med's actually tested. However, assuming your meds are 15% THC, in 300 MG of buds you'll have 45 MG of THC.

In legal states, 10 MG is considered a single dose, although, most of us on this forum will need more than that.

My recommendation with edibles is to start small and work your way up. You can always take more, but you can't take less and too much edibles is not a pleasant experience.

:Namaste:

Considering a typical dose for serious illness runs between 50-100 mg of cannabinoids, I'd say yes. It might be a little too high. What we're discovering with cannabis is that less is most often more. My advice is to start very low, at a sub-therapeutic dose and increase slowly until you feel the results you're seeking. Then stay at that dose and don't go beyond it when you're dosing medically.

None of these cautions apply for recreational use. However, be aware that over-indulgence recreationally will most likely overwhelm your endocannabinoid system and cause a down-regulation of your cannabinoid receptors, making your medicinal dose less effective the next time you use it. Then you're faced with resetting the system.

Trust me, you want to avoid that. Next time I try that I'm taking days off from life and losing myself in a couple good books or make it a spiritual retreat. Something to completely distract me. I was pretty whiny about that Sensitization Protocol.

And the fine Mr. Krip beat me to it. Good job buckaroo. :high-five:

He's got that cannabinoid calculation I neglected right too. Gosh, can we keep him? :battingeyelashes: :love:

Thank you Mr. Krip. I went with one ounce bottles with this first few, and I was just thinking I need some 2 oz ones. My DDA glycerin tincture is going to be pretty massive in volume. Larger bottles will come in handy.

I get them in 2oz & 4oz. The 2oz are good to carry on your person and the 4oz are good for the volume storage. The 4oz come in 4-packs, which is perfect if you make 2 cups (16 oz.) at a time in the MagicalButter machine! ;)

The taste test is in! DAMNED GOOD! Now the 300 mg/ 2 TBS, I came up with was just doing the math, a bit over 4g of powdered OGK bud in 16 oz of PB with about 1/2 cup of coconut oil added for texture. I poured it back into the glass jar the PB came in and had 6 oz left over, which is in a zip lock cup for immediate use.

I should be feeling some woo-woo in the next 3 hours before I go to bed. I licked the utensils! ;-)

Considering a typical dose for serious illness runs between 50-100 mg of cannabinoids, I'd say yes. It might be a little too high. What we're discovering with cannabis is that less is most often more. My advice is to start very low, at a sub-therapeutic dose and increase slowly until you feel the results you're seeking. Then stay at that dose and don't go beyond it when you're dosing medically.

None of these cautions apply for recreational use. However, be aware that over-indulgence recreationally will most likely overwhelm your endocannabinoid system and cause a down-regulation of your cannabinoid receptors, making your medicinal dose less effective the next time you use it. Then you're faced with resetting the system.

Trust me, you want to avoid that. Next time I try that I'm taking days off from life and losing myself in a couple good books or make it a spiritual retreat. Something to completely distract me. I was pretty whiny about that Sensitization Protocol.

And the fine Mr. Krip beat me to it. Good job buckaroo. :high-five:

He's got that cannabinoid calculation I neglected right too. Gosh, can we keep him? :battingeyelashes: :love:

Brilliant minds think alike! :high-five:

The taste test is in! DAMNED GOOD! Now the 300 mg/ 2 TBS, I came up with was just doing the math, a bit over 4g of powdered OGK bud in 16 oz of PB with about 1/2 cup of coconut oil added for texture. I poured it back into the glass jar the PB came in and had 6 oz left over, which is in a zip lock cup for immediate use.

I should be feeling some woo-woo in the next 3 hours before I go to bed. I licked the utensils! ;-)

Hahaha! I can never resist licking everything before it gets washed. :rofl:

I don't care that much for peanut butter anymore, but it occurred to me that a small package of nut butter, infused and served on a graham cracker with a piece of a Hershey bar might be just the ticket. I can buy a package of the small chocolate bars for a buck at the Dollar General across the street and the local Target, right around the corner carries the small packets of nut butters. Oooo...... I bet they have the chocolate one.

Haha! Now I'm gonna have to make an early morning trip to Target. This would be a nice snack for 710 Day. :slide:

Shiggity's got me switching back into hostess mode again. :laughtwo:

I like this better than the capsules, which I made from real butter. I think I will recycle what cannabudder I have left with more bud powder into the next jar of PB. I won't know the exact dosage, but it's a nice way to take the medicine without a lot of cooking.

I don't care that much for peanut butter anymore, but it occurred to me that a small package of nut butter, infused and served on a graham cracker with a piece of a Hershey bar might be just the ticket. I can buy a package of the small chocolate bars for a buck at the Dollar General across the street and the local Target, right around the corner carries the small packets of nut butters. Oooo...... I bet they have the chocolate one.

Haha! Now I'm gonna have to make an early morning trip to Target. This would be a nice snack for 710 Day. :slide:

I don't like PB, either...Try it with Nutella! ;)

If you really want to get fancy, you can "kick it up a notch" with this:

[video=youtube;1ugmGiv2D-o]
[/video]

I don't like PB, either...Try it with Nutella! ;)

If you really want to get fancy, you can "kick it up a notch" with this:

[video=youtube;1ugmGiv2D-o]
[/video]

:laughtwo: Oh, you're good. Lol!

Peanut butter doesn't agree with me anymore. So...........I thought Justins had a chocolate almond butter, but allz i see is Chocolate hazelnut. I know I have had something from local heath food place that was not peanut and pretty good and chocolate.

Hi-o I am gonna make a post/question in your methods and dosing thread.

Back
Top Bottom