The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

Life's one big science experiment photos. You have that new son to experiment with. :circle-of-love:

Mmmmm....... There's a bakery right across the alley from my building. The window I sit next to opens up to that alley. At 2 AM he starts baking doughnuts. This is cruel! :laughtwo:
i used to be a baker ! no joke , i know that smell i lived for that every morning , only gave it away 5 years ago , cause of the hours , not enough time for family and my plants ,but i still miss hot bread in the morning and fresh dooughnuts not to mention the pies , i still cook and bake at home ofcourse but not a lot at once

i used to be a baker ! no joke , i know that smell i lived for that every morning , only gave it away 5 years ago , cause of the hours , not enough time for family and my plants ,but i still miss hot bread in the morning and fresh dooughnuts not to mention the pies , i still cook and bake at home ofcourse but not a lot at once

How interesting. A man of many talents. :battingeyelashes: I'm on my way to bed and a fresh wave of donut-scented breezes came wafting along. :laughtwo: One summer I lived with a commercial bread bakery right across the street. That smell will make your stomach growl.

Goodnight. I need to be responsible and get some sleep. :love:

sweet dreams sweet sue

These elusive dreams you speak of..... :laughtwo: I consume enough THC that dreams are a thing of the past. I also, apparently, have less sleep requirement than even I thought. Three hours doesn't meet my own minimal standards. Today's a walking club day, so a nap may come into play later. Sure, like you're gonna slow down long enough to take a nap! :rofl:

I honestly don't know where I get the energy. Let me do some qi gong and get the day started with decent energy flow.

Good morning sue, hope I didn't spam you with the like bombs too much, just way behind lol.

Those capsules look intriguing. What size are they 00? Been eating my meds like a slimey applesauce each day. :)
IMAG016625.jpg

I know you've mentioned you enjoy the taste but have you tried boiling your herb before decarbing? From what I understand, the chlorophyll is the only thing water soluble, shouldn't be losing any important stuff. I'm not too fond of the weed taste so I gave it a try. A quick 5minute boil, strained through some cheese cloth and excess water squeezed out, then an hour at 240℉ to decarb/dry. Did this before my last batch of coconut oil and it's neutral tasting and feels just as potent.

For your tinctures, empty vape e liquid bottles make for a stealthy way to carry it around, and great if you like to count drops for dosing.(or just a quick squeeze under the tongue) these are 30mL, I fill one of these for like a party or something :goof::goof::goof::goof::party::party::goof::goof::goof::goof:

IMAG016833.jpg

The topping looked great. Always love to see more people topping their autos and helping dispell the delicate little auto flower myths. I'm still over here doing my best to kill them and they keep chugging along giving me frosty buds. We just hide em in the back of the tent when they look like this. :laugh:

IMAG014427.jpg

Let the games begin! :laughtwo: Part of me can't believe I own one of these. Lol!

image37158.jpg

These elusive dreams you speak of..... :laughtwo: I consume enough THC that dreams are a thing of the past. I also, apparently, have less sleep requirement than even I thought. Three hours doesn't meet my own minimal standards. Today's a walking club day, so a nap may come into play later. Sure, like you're gonna slow down long enough to take a nap! :rofl:

I honestly don't know where I get the energy. Let me do some qi gong and get the day started with decent energy flow.
its the sativas i get my energy from ,could be about to sleep and 1 rip then i think ,hmm better check on the ladies ,3 hours later LOL walk out the room back aching tired as hell have another billy dingding round 2 flower room ,when all is done bit of this elephant foot afghaan ive just recieved and kaaaaapow ,lights out.

Atulip, what an intriguing post. So you just eat the oil straight up? I've done that, by the spoonful. It was much tastier than I was expecting. The capsule experiment is to be able to travel with a supply, and yes, they're 00 capsules. Regular horse pills! Lol! Those little bottles look grand. I'll have to see if I can locate a small supply.

I'd never heard of boiling to decarb. Sounds interesting and something I'll have to try. Thanks for introducing me to another fun project. Lol!

You can try to hide the plants all you want, but you know they're back there staring at you asking "Why???" :laughtwo:

Yeah I just take a half spoon full with water. When it's not so hot here the coconut oil hardens just enough to remain solid for a quick gulp. (Opposed to the oily texture)

I know you can find em on fleabay, just search 10mL plastic bottle or whatever size you want. I wouldn't store it in them though, great for on the go.

Well it's boiling to remove the taste, found some video from some guy "jeffthe420chef" with a tasteless csnnabutter recipe so I gave it a whirl.

She ended up in a no lime added new batch of soil so she's had all kinds of problems. I've been babying her along with some high PH tap water and she's not doing too bad. I'm neglectful though, barely have the time to care for them proper. But the swick keeps me from drying them out and the coots and bas mixes keep me from messing up feedings lol.

Yeah I just take a half spoon full with water. When it's not so hot here the coconut oil hardens just enough to remain solid for a quick gulp. (Opposed to the oily texture)

I know you can find em on fleabay, just search 10mL plastic bottle or whatever size you want. I wouldn't store it in them though, great for on the go.

Well it's boiling to remove the taste, found some video from some guy "jeffthe420chef" with a tasteless csnnabutter recipe so I gave it a whirl.

She ended up in a no lime added new batch of soil so she's had all kinds of problems. I've been babying her along with some high PH tap water and she's not doing too bad. I'm neglectful though, barely have the time to care for them proper. But the swick keeps me from drying them out and the coots and bas mixes keep me from messing up feedings lol.

Jeff the 420 chef. I've been considering purchasing his new cookbook, which came out at the end of last month. He's got a good section in ther on dosing cannabis that I need to get my hands on. :laughtwo:

You sound like a gardener that mirrors my own often neglectful methods, and yet they still reward me. :battingeyelashes:

FYI, for the tinctures, I use these:

12 New, High Quality, 2 oz Amber Glass Bottles, With Glass Eye Droppers

They have them in larger & smaller sizes

Thank you Mr. Krip. I went with one ounce bottles with this first few, and I was just thinking I need some 2 oz ones. My DDA glycerin tincture is going to be pretty massive in volume. Larger bottles will come in handy.

I think the boiling is just to make it taste less 'planty' Decarb is still done after.

Ummm...yeah...what he said ^ :)

The boiling would be to remove most, if not all of the chlorophyll. That's where that "planty" taste comes from. I'll have to track the video down.

I just signed up for a course on using cannabis to treat anxiety and depression. I feel like I'm pursuing a degree, only no one's conferring one. :laughtwo: In truth, I'm having the time of my life. This afternoon started out with a webinar from the U. Of Vermont on Medical Cannabis: Chemistry. Whew! Had the brain reeling on that one. Every class, every webinar, every seminar, every research paper I fight my way through I learn just a little more that sticks in the brain.

I seriously need a way to organize all these notes.

Daily Update: Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Not much going on. Let's take a quick peek and see.

Med GOM 1.0 (Day 18) Steady as she goes.

image14330.jpeg

Dark Devil Auto (Day 16) Good color, great new growth, awfully small. :straightface: They always leave me feeling like this at the seedling stage. It looks like they're stalled when they're just growing roots.

image14331.jpeg

I got a new pan for the Dark Devil Auto's SWICK reservoir. Now I'll be able to actually see th water level.

image14332.jpeg

Blow Mind Auto (Day 1) She got a little misting on the Rockwool.

image14333.jpeg

While resetting the SWICKs I had to move the big pot. That sucker's heavy! :straightface: Anyway, under the pot was a worm. A worm! I haven't killed them all off. :yahoo: I snatched him off the perlite and dropped him back into the pot.

image14334.jpeg

Made me feel really good about the state of my no-tills.

That's it for now guys. I'm off to join my walking club. I'll get to find out if the CBD capsules have helped my new friend's ADHD symptoms. Be joyful and take the opportunities to share that joyfulness. Help make the world a little kinder for all of us. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be wandering the digital streets later tonight, so maybe we'll run into each other. Until then :ciao:

Before I left the house at 5:30 I took three THC capsules and went to dinner. Now I'm sitting here waiting for the walking club to gather feeling the buzz kick into high gear. These capsules have that sativa-fueled tiredness that hits about an hour or so in with some strains. These were a leftover conglomeration, so I'm not surprised. I'll push through it as always. I'm thinking Carnival in capsule form would be particularly suited to my needs. :cheesygrinsmiley:

This is going to be an interesting walk. :laughtwo:

I don't get it, then. People say sativas give you an alert high that gives them energy to go,go,go all day. If there is a down side, how does this occur? I've never gotten anything but passing out or couch lock from edibles or capsules, and I KNOW my capsules are sativa.

I don't get it, then. People say sativas give you an alert high that gives them energy to go,go,go all day. If there is a down side, how does this occur? I've never gotten anything but passing out or couch lock from edibles or capsules, and I KNOW my capsules are sativa.

You may be decarbing too long, which would convert the THC to CBN, the most effective sedative among the cannabinoids. You're using butter, and it may be the process of making that butter that's complicating it for you. When I make oil I start with decarbed buds, but then I finish just as the small bubbles begin to form because that's the point that the THC is highest. If I go further than that, or if I start with undecarbed buds and let it go all the way to full decarboxylation it becomes more sedative.

This may be what's happening with the butter. It may be fully decarbed, with a higher ratio of CBN.

I'm just guessing here AKgramma, but a sativa that gives you couch lock sounds like one that's got too high a ratio of CBN created.

Oh, and do you have a recipe to infuse peanut butter with cannibus? I Love my PB, Jelly, and dill pickle sandwiches.

Ooo..... That sounds delicious. I've never had them with jelly. I've not heard of infusing peanut butter. I've heard of creating firecrackers with peanut butter and ABV. Let me go looking.............

The easiest thing to do would be to mix your cannabutter into the peanut butter instead of an oil extraction. Over at Leafley's I found a quick recipe that may fit your needs.

You can find all kinds of nut butters on the market these days, so you're not limited to just peanut butter. A company named Justin's puts out a nice line of organic almond, hazelnut and peanut butters that can be used here, but any peanut butter will do.

Canna Peanut Butter

Ingredients

Packaged nut butter
Cannabis-infused oil

Directions

- Buy your favorite nut butter from the store.
- Stir in cannabis-infused oil (coconut or any nut oils are great mediums), assuring 1 dose of oil is mixed with 1 serving (usually 2 TBS) of nut butter.
- Enjoy.

Note: There's a powdered peanut butter available on the market, which is dried peanuts and coconut sugar. To make this into medicated nut butter, simply add enough water to 1 serving of powdered peanut butter to form a thick paste and then stir in 1 dose of medicated oil. This is a lower calorie option with 85% less fat, so if you're trying to avoid added oils in your diet, this method equalizes the oil content by replacing peanut oil with cannabis-infused oil.

Back
Top Bottom