The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

pain creme

In my wanderings today I found myself at an old thread on pain creme that intrigued me. A pain creme, made with a mere 2 grams of bud capable of healing diabetic ulcers. I had to try. It may be useful for psoriasis. The thread can be found here:

Pain creme. Using only2 grams. Used many times

He makes some serious claims about what he's seen this creme heal. Well worth chasing down and reading.

The recipe's as basic as it gets; make a coconut oil extraction and add it to a simple beeswax creme base. I can do this.

Oil extraction

2 grams of bud, chopped fine, not powdery.

image14305.jpeg

Turn the oven on the lowest setting.

image14306.jpeg

Remove all but one rack. Place that about 3/4 of the way down.

image14307.jpeg

Combine the 2 grams of prepared buds and 8 tablespoons of coconut oil. As you can see, it's hot enough in my apartment that the oil's liquid. If the oil was solid I could use 4 heaping tablespoons instead of the 8. Liquid form's easier to get a measured dose IMHO. Use a glass jar that can be placed in the oven at your lowest setting.

image14308.jpeg

Close it up and shake vigorously.

image14309.jpeg

Place it on a glass baking dish in the middle of the oven rack. Every hour, initially, give it a shake. After a few times you can back off the every hour to whenever it crosses your mind and it's convienient. Leave it in there for 24-36 hours.

image14310.jpeg

Every hour that I'm up I'll give it a shake. I'm going for the 36-hr mark, shooting for potent. Then I'll strain and make the creme.

Pain Cream: Finishing the job.

It cooked on low for a full 36 hours. The last day I think I shook it maybe six times through the course of the day. I strained it through an unbleached coffee filter.

image14352.jpeg

Very gently but firmly, thinking like a Rosen press might :laughtwo: squeeze as much of the oil out as you can. This remaining amount can be run a second, or even a third time. I'll use it as a topical applicator until I can't get any more oil out of it and then I'll throw it into the next batch of brownies. :battingeyelashes:

Be real careful as you do this not to tear the filter.

image14353.jpeg

image14354.jpeg

image37162.jpg

Making the cream

Gather up the ingredients for the cream base. One bar of beeswax is 30 grams. That's close enough to a liquid ounce to work for me (converting 30 gm to 30 ml). This is a topical cream I'm making for my own use. The carefully metered dose isn't really a concern.

image14355.jpeg

One bar of beeswax and 150 ml of grape seed oil melted together over a double boiler set-up. This would have gone faster if I'd shaved or grated the beeswax, but it took almost no time at all once the water was up to a boil.

image14356.jpeg

On the left, the grape seed oil and beeswax mix. On the right, the deliciously fragrant coconut oil extraction. I'm thinking this is a great way to get terpenes and flavinoids into an oil. A long, slow cook.

image14357.jpeg

I combined the cream base with just around three teaspoons of the oil and mixed well. It set up beautifully in less than 20 minutes. I wasn't watching the clock, so I have no way of knowing, other than my surprise at how quickly that happened. It's the perfect consistency. I've already applied some to my feet, on the patches of psoriasis I have there.

image14358.jpeg

Into storage. It's starting to look like a pharmacy in there. :laughtwo:

image14359.jpeg

image14360.jpeg

This used to be where I kept dishes. Directly behind me is a stand that used to be for a microwave that now does duty as amendment storage for the no-tills.

image14361.jpeg

This used to be a kitchen. :laughtwo:

I'll be using this cream on the scattered small patches of psoriasis I have. It's already proven itself effective for pain. As I was making it up I was rubbing all leftover drops and dribbles into my arms and legs. When it was all finished I rubbed some on my feet and my hands and the pain that'd been building in my upper back was completely gone before I was done working it into the backs of my hands.

Pretty amazing stuff, considering how little bud material's in there. I think this will become a staple in my home pharmacy. Let's see what it does for my skin.

Another piece to the hempy puzzle.

image37161.jpg

I found so many versions of cannabudder, oils, and other mysterious concoctions, that I think you can put anything you wish in the capsules. I store mine in the freezer, and generally take 3 at bedtime. I find the 00 size easy to swallow.

I'm skimming since I took a break during the holiday. I absolutely loved the capsule tutorials! I just asked Canna for a link and now I don't even need one since they're right here where I should have looked lol

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That'll teach you, huh? :laughtwo: Glad I could help. :battingeyelashes:

I found so many versions of cannabudder, oils, and other mysterious concoctions, that I think you can put anything you wish in the capsules. I store mine in the freezer, and generally take 3 at bedtime. I find the 00 size easy to swallow.

I couldn't agree more. This gets to be more fun every day, exploring all these options. Is there any advantage you know of to freeze instead of refrigerate?

Daily Update: Thursday, July 7, 2016

What a day! I've been falling further and further behind in sleep and at about 9:30PM I was walking by my bed and it looked so inviting, and........... I woke up at 2:30 AM, wide awake and ready to go, completely disoriented as to time and date. :laughtwo: Let me get this update posted before I catch a good buzz and go back to bed.

They're to look a little more promising.

image14371.jpeg

Med GOM 1.0 (Day 19) She's starting to get bushy now. Here we go. :slide:

image14378.jpeg

image14380.jpeg

Dark Devil Auto (Day 17) Next node she gets topped. She already has that dark edge to her leaves. Oh yeah.... this is such a fun strain to grow. This makes my 6th or 7th, and I still get giddy when color starts to show. :laughtwo:

image14382.jpeg

image14384.jpeg

Blow Mind Auto (Day 3) So tiny it's hard to envision her as a beast, isn't it? Lol!

image14385.jpeg

That's it tonight guys. Sorry to be so late this time. I considered not posting one at all but........yeah, that's not my style at all, is it? :laughtwo: Time for a good buzz. I'll see you all tomorrow. :hug: :love:

Hey Sue. My capsules aren't liquid in them anymore. Yours look like they are. Any suggestions?

Yours are made with coconut oil, aren't they? Coconut oil turns solid at room temperature or below, I believe it's 72 degrees F, or somewhere close. It has no effect on the medicinal value.

:nomo:

Good morning around here!:)

Good morning duggan. :hug: :love: Have a wonderful day, hear?

Good morning everyone. :love:

I went back to bed and caught another five hours. Feeling a bit groggy from so much sleep. :laughtwo: I believe I've caught up on sleep again. Lol! Let me get this day rolling.

I used olive oil. Mine go solid in the fridge but melt to liquid at room temp.

image14388.jpeg

ahh sweety ,i came to ask if you thought i could use olive oil instead of coconut and got my answer without asking , mwah! thankyou for the update and the answer , that dd looks delicious i cant believe photos wants that auto ,ive been swayed

Food for thought.

The Art and Science of Cannabis Microdosing - YouTube

I've been considering this for some time now. If you listen to the tackers you'll hear them speak of a shift towards a more positive mindset and general sense of well-being. This is the result of micro dosing. It's where I've been migrating towards all along. Here's confirmation that my instincts were right all along. Small, continual doses from a variety of sources.

I love it when I actually listen to the universe instead of being hard-headed and fighting for every inch of improvement. :laughtwo:

ahh sweety ,i came to ask if you thought i could use olive oil instead of coconut and got my answer without asking , mwah! thankyou for the update and the answer , that dd looks delicious i cant believe photos wants that auto ,ive been swayed

So glad we could help photos. :laughtwo: Actually you can use almost any oil. And welcome to the enticing world of the Dark Devil Auto. Lol! I take it you've wandered through the community grow thread? If not, treat yourself. You'll be ordering seeds before the day's out.

Daily Update:Friday, July 8, 2016

Not much going on yet. Dark Devil Auto is at Day 18 and Med GOM 1.0 is at Day 20. The DDA got some plain water.

image14394.jpeg

image14395.jpeg

Blow Mind Auto is now at Day 4.

image14396.jpeg

image14397.jpeg

And that's all I have to offer today. One of the strains I was gifted is an indica-dominant. Yesterday I smoked it twice, both times getting the most pleasant buzz and then passing right out and sleeping for hours. I hit it again around four this afternoon and somewhere around 4:30 I was stretched out across the bed again, sound asleep. Got another 1 1/2 hours. :laughtwo:

I may may have found my sleep meds. :battingeyelashes: I'm gonna give it another shot when the pan of brownies comes out of the oven.

You all have a wonderful end to your day. Don't forget ShiggityFlip's got a celebration of concentrates going on over at the 7/10 thread. Spread some of your weekend joy with us over there. I'llbe watching for you. :ciao:

Daily Update:Friday, July 8, 2016

Not much going on yet. Dark Devil Auto is at Day 18 and Med GOM 1.0 is at Day 20. The DDA got some plain water.

image14394.jpeg

image14395.jpeg

Blow Mind Auto is now at Day 4.

image14396.jpeg

image14397.jpeg

And that's all I have to offer today. One of the strains I was gifted is an indica-dominant. Yesterday I smoked it twice, both times getting the most pleasant buzz and then passing right out and sleeping for hours. I hit it again around four this afternoon and somewhere around 4:30 I was stretched out across the bed again, sound asleep. Got another 1 1/2 hours. :laughtwo:

I may may have found my sleep meds. :battingeyelashes: I'm gonna give it another shot when the pan of brownies comes out of the oven.

You all have a wonderful end to your day. Don't forget ShiggityFlip's got a celebration of concentrates going on over at the 7/10 thread. Spread some of your weekend joy with us over there. I'llbe watching for you. :ciao:

All it took was some indica for you to sleep? That carnival must be no joke! I can't wait to try ours!!

Back
Top Bottom