Phototropic's First Grow: Pure Power Plant In Soil Under CFL

I'm subbed in. You've got some pretty ladies Photo! Your setup is very similar to what I started with my first time. It was a 36" tall box that was way too small though. So built a bigger one that is now my veg box.

Your lst and topping skills look good man. Lucy almost looks like a manifolding job. She should have some nice chunky colas. I purchased some seeds from Nirvana somewhat recently and I'm hoping to see some good genetics. All I grew before was bagseed. Anyways, looking good! Here's my veg box.
420-magazine-mobile2047261159.jpg

I'm subbed in. You've got some pretty ladies Photo! Your setup is very similar to what I started with my first time. It was a 36" tall box that was way too small though. So built a bigger one that is now my veg box.

Your lst and topping skills look good man. Lucy almost looks like a manifolding job. She should have some nice chunky colas. I purchased some seeds from Nirvana somewhat recently and I'm hoping to see some good genetics. All I grew before was bagseed. Anyways, looking good! Here's my veg box.
420-magazine-mobile2047261159.jpg

Thanks for joining on the journey. I look forward to you input from your own grows.

I appreciate the kind words. I am pretty proud of Lucy's LST. I only topped her one so I've only got the 4 bud sites. Hoping for large buds on her to make up for the few sites.

Ethel will have more sites but smaller buds presumably. Going to treat the difference as an experiment and see which works best.

Nirvana was good for me. Seeds germinated in Jiffy Pods within a couple days and they've been really healthy considering it's my first grow.

Good luck on you grow. Feel free to drop a link to your journal if you do one.

We're doing a solo cup challenge right now with seeds I got from Nirvana. It's called "The Red Cup" if you wanna drop in and check it out. We just started so not much going on just yet

52 days since germ

Pistils!

Finally saw a couple little white hairs coming in when i checked the girls on my way to work. Makes me feel a lot better about my upcoming light flip. Might get me to hold off another week just to let the preflowers develop a little more, but i sure am happy to have spotted these few on Ethel.

420-magazine-mobile803971158.jpg

Ok, so i am at Day 57 since germination and i did not pull the flowering trigger this weekend.

I'll be away for a few days this upcoming weekend and i didn't want to stick my wife with looking after the girls first flowering weekend. Not sure what to expect from the stretch so i felt i should be around for it all. So I'll be flipping for sure when i return next weekend.

In the meantime; i unexpectedly got home very late Thursday night and so didn't get to check on the girls and water them. By the time my wife got in there Friday afternoon they were noticeably unhappy. Lucy especially, took a bit of a hit. She was very drooping for about three days. First time in 57 days I've slipped like this and I'm glad it was once and not too serious.

Being that i only water them a little at a time, i do have to make sure they get it at least once a day. I do it this way because i have a bad tendency to over water my house plants; this way I'm ensuring i don't by keeping the soil relatively dry. Like i said though, they've never shown signs of minding.

Lucy looking a little dehydrated
420-magazine-mobile322595438.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1870401427.jpg

And Lucy recovered
420-magazine-mobile860979158.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1102449317.jpg

And Ethel wilty
420-magazine-mobile1467502936.jpg
420-magazine-mobile403063512.jpg

And Ethel looking happy
420-magazine-mobile959192067.jpg
420-magazine-mobile492838029.jpg
420-magazine-mobile782945915.jpg

65 days since germ

So i did it today. At lights out last night, i unplugged them so they wouldn't come on in the AM. The girls sat in the dark for 24 hours so that i could do my lights on at 8pm tonight. Now they will have the lights running on the cooler hours and the lights off during the hotter portions of the day. I'm hoping this will benefit the more temperature sensitive flowering stage.

I will be continuing the Flower nutrients for the stretch and switch to the BLOOM nutes 1-2 weeks from now.

How do you all transition?

I switched all of the lights so that instead of (4) 6800k and (2) 2700k, now I'm shining (2) 6800k and (4) 2700k. The wattage is still about 43 watts per bulb. I also moved the lights up a couple inches. Plenty of room in the box so long as i keep an eye on the height of the lights.

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. Hopefully everything runs smoothly.

Wish me luck.

Here they are.
420-magazine-mobile991803883.jpg

Lucy
420-magazine-mobile845296050.jpg
420-magazine-mobile59058925.jpg

Ethel
420-magazine-mobile884209288.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1211796339.jpg

Beautiful plants! I would mix in some 2700k bulbs to get a full spectrum. But keep some daylight bulbs in there to keep the growth going imo.

Ahhhh!!! I split Ethel!
I must have been pulling her LST too tight recently and didn't notice her split.
420-magazine-mobile1543741226.jpg
420-magazine-mobile511725180.jpg

Amazingly, it looks mostly healed on its own and i never saw her suffering the injury. Testament to how strong she is perhaps.

Anyways, besides that, the girls seem to be doing well. Some tip discoloration on Lucy that has me wondering. If it gets any worse I'll consider it a possible issue.
420-magazine-mobile1549789860.jpg

Looks like some flower growth has started. Feel free to tell me if I'm being crazy.

Enjoy some pictures.

Lucy
420-magazine-mobile1525700350.jpg
420-magazine-mobile923504489.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2140357820.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1418403279.jpg

Ethel
420-magazine-mobile1909273144.jpg
420-magazine-mobile718062454.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1823519900.jpg

Nice and healthy plants! :thumb:

Ahhhh!!! I split Ethel!
I must have been pulling her LST too tight recently and didn't notice her split.
Amazingly, it looks mostly healed on its own and i never saw her suffering the injury. Testament to how strong she is perhaps.

The exact same thing happened to me and the plant healed on its own too like it was nothing.
Those things are very resilient!

Anyways, besides that, the girls seem to be doing well. Some tip discoloration on Lucy that has me wondering. If it gets any worse I'll consider it a possible issue.

Yep, nothing to worry about so far. Just keep an eye on her to see if it spreads.

Looks like some flower growth has started. Feel free to tell me if I'm being crazy.

The color seems to indicate a rapid growth. But you won't be sure until you see white pistils sticking out.

Nice and healthy plants! :thumb:

The exact same thing happened to me and the plant healed on its own too like it was nothing.
Those things are very resilient!

Yep, nothing to worry about so far. Just keep an eye on her to see if it spreads.

The color seems to indicate a rapid growth. But you won't be sure until you see white pistils sticking out.

Thanks Dinsdale.

Yea, the tips will be monitored. There are a lot of leaves with browning tips and i know it's not light burn. Heading home now for lights on so hopefully it hasn't spread.

Getting so antsy. I know I've got a couple months ahead of me still but I'm dying for some flowers!

Got home a couple hours after lights on and Lucy was very upset. She looks super wilted. Gave her some extra water tonight so hopefully she bounces back and will be looking good come morning. It's been a little over an hour so I'll stick my head in her room before i go to bed to check if she has perked up at all and I'll be sure to look in again tomorrow morning before lights out. Ethel is looking great as usual.

(I am hoping it was just a late watering issue and not something more serious)

420-magazine-mobile1719789997.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1399603518.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2143239949.jpg

She was just a little bit droopy. Nothing to worry about!
Those plants are looking fantastic. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it, because it's working perfectly so far! :thumb:

You need to have some patience that all your doing a great job with her honesty to God but try getting a real tent and a led light cheap

Thanks guys. I appreciate the votes of confidence.

It's weird when they get droopy because they look like they're laying down to die. Not used to such severe changes for the negative. But happy she bounced back well.

Poking around the internet on nute burn and I'm pretty sure that's what is up with Lucy's tips. I'll be backing off the nutrients for the next feedings and just do ph'd tap water for a couple days. Then I'll get back on them at half strength until I'm ready to switch over to the flower nutes.

Any thoughts?

As long you catch her at the right time before any deficiency on the plant you good and one more thing usually Growers leave their plan around three months recycle I usually leave her one more month of grow and train her more yield

Back
Top Bottom