Phototropic's First Grow: Pure Power Plant In Soil Under CFL

Your ppp's are looking great. This is one of the strains i have grown the most amount of times of all the strains i have grown. This strain keeps coming back round after round. The original is about 60/40 sativa/Indica. I have grown the version from sensi seeds. If your version is the same genetics you are gonna be one happy grower when harvest day comes. It's a wonderful long lasting high. The sativa will givr you a gentle pressure sort of in your head while the indica makes you quite stoned. If you smoke a little, it's great for daytime. If tou smoke much the Indica takes over and it becomes sleeping medicine.

Your ppp's are looking great. This is one of the strains i have grown the most amount of times of all the strains i have grown. This strain keeps coming back round after round. The original is about 60/40 sativa/Indica. I have grown the version from sensi seeds. If your version is the same genetics you are gonna be one happy grower when harvest day comes. It's a wonderful long lasting high. The sativa will givr you a gentle pressure sort of in your head while the indica makes you quite stoned. If you smoke a little, it's great for daytime. If tou smoke much the Indica takes over and it becomes sleeping medicine.

Sounds good to me. I got mine from Nirvana who apparently do their own genetics. They claim Indica dominant which may explain their short stature, but I'm sure they're similar.

Thanks for the reply.

Girls are showing a little nute burn on their new growth tips. I had 1/2 gallon of the 1/2 strength BLOOM nutrients left so i diluted that down with another 1/2 gallon of plain water. Next mix I'll be going to 1/3 strength and I'll be alternating nutrient water with plain water.

Do you folks give nutrients every watering?

I'm also planning on picking up a fourth scoop to throw in two more bulbs. I think i need the added coverage. I haven't trimmed any foliage since my first couple days of flowering so the girls are a little bushy.

Lucy
420-magazine-mobile1994950843.jpg
420-magazine-mobile778483186.jpg

Ethel
420-magazine-mobile871649623.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1166339618.jpg

That beginning signs that your over fertilizing. Burnt leaf tips= over feet. Straight water next 2 water cycles then cut your feed strength down by 1/4 and resume every other feeding and then go back to feeding g everyone you water. Pulling up a chair for your grow. I grew nirvana white widow and master kush soiless, check my posts. Wasn't too happy with results.

That beginning signs that your over fertilizing. Burnt leaf tips= over feet. Straight water next 2 water cycles then cut your feed strength down by 1/4 and resume every other feeding and then go back to feeding g everyone you water. Pulling up a chair for your grow. I grew nirvana white widow and master kush soiless, check my posts. Wasn't too happy with results.

Thanks for joining my journey through my first grow. Always appreciate new faces ( as well as the old faces).

That is the plan, though i was looking to go a little stronger and do 1/3 strength, but maybe the 1/4 will be a more significant and healthy reduction, at least for the next week or two. We shall see.

Girls looked good tonight. Getting warm again in there, our temperature fluctuations these days are a bit frustrating but i think we'll get through it.

hi

I'm following your posts for 1 month, but had just activated my register to post here.
Its very interesting to learn from others and I'm starting a grow using CFL's just like you.
Found you while researching about CFL grows.

I plan to spend as little money as possible. My plants are 45 days old and all are trained to grow sideways by LST (low stress training) so I can keep the light as close as possible (CFL's fundamental problem) using 2 pieces of glass to prevent the leaves from touching the bulb and being cooked.
My medium isnt nothing fancy, its a black earth with some tree bark, worm shit and chicken shit and I have an solid NPK that I disouve using warm water and give to the plants.
Dont know how to post pics yet, but my plants look good too. Not as much dense as yours, but they are going as I planned.
Plan to do some supercroping too. (stressing the plant by doing controled damages to estimulating grow)
I'm working with 210W of bright white and plan to keep my plants small.
Had removed lots of fan leaves, have some clones from confirmed females and have many of those white little hairs.
I got 16 plants but only 7 confirmed females, so I calculate my light will be enough.

I have no idead of the "race" of my plants since it came from the low grade weed they sell here in the extreme south of Brasil.

But I wish you luck, you plants look amazing.
Wish you patience too because I know how strong is the urge to see flowers.

I'll keep following. sry about my english

hi

I'm following your posts for 1 month, but had just activated my register to post here.
Its very interesting to learn from others and I'm starting a grow using CFL's just like you.
Found you while researching about CFL grows.

I plan to spend as little money as possible. My plants are 45 days old and all are trained to grow sideways by LST (low stress training) so I can keep the light as close as possible (CFL's fundamental problem) using 2 pieces of glass to prevent the leaves from touching the bulb and being cooked.
My medium isnt nothing fancy, its a black earth with some tree bark, worm shit and chicken shit and I have an solid NPK that I disouve using warm water and give to the plants.
Dont know how to post pics yet, but my plants look good too. Not as much dense as yours, but they are going as I planned.
Plan to do some supercroping too. (stressing the plant by doing controled damages to estimulating grow)
I'm working with 210W of bright white and plan to keep my plants small.
Had removed lots of fan leaves, have some clones from confirmed females and have many of those white little hairs.
I got 16 plants but only 7 confirmed females, so I calculate my light will be enough.

I have no idead of the "race" of my plants since it came from the low grade weed they sell here in the extreme south of Brasil.

But I wish you luck, you plants look amazing.
Wish you patience too because I know how strong is the urge to see flowers.

I'll keep following. sry about my english

Thank you for posting. Glad to know people are interested, even from a distance.

CFLs have been working well for me so far for my first grow but i will definitely be upgrading to some LED panels when i can. Sounds like you've got quite the space there. 16 or even just 7 plants is a pretty big group. I'd love to see a pic when you figure it out (I'm sure there is a post somewhere on this forum that can explain it. I do it from my phone, never from a computer, so I'm no help there).

I am guessing that your 210W is "real" wattage not "equivalent" wattage?

If you decide to start a journal, feel free to share the link. I enjoy seeing other CFL grows.

Thanks again, and your English is very good so no worries, post any time.

Im gonna sub in. Looks like im just in time for flowering. I grow with LED but I love following a good CFL journal. I have never tried CFL but they are pretty cool and their not that expensive, great for small grows. I just got done reading through your journal and they are looking good. Hopefully they will provide you with some good meds. Best of luck to you.✌️

That has all the info that one could possible need. Done wonders for me shows pics of the issue and how to fix it. It's on Amazon

Maybe I'll check it out. I have Jorge Cervantes' "Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible" which, in conjunction with the often mentioned by me growweedeasy.com, has been serving me well.

Im gonna sub in. Looks like im just in time for flowering. I grow with LED but I love following a good CFL journal. I have never tried CFL but they are pretty cool and their not that expensive, great for small grows. I just got done reading through your journal and they are looking good. Hopefully they will provide you with some good meds. Best of luck to you..✌️

Glad to have you. Flowering is 2-1/2 weeks underway and I'm seeing lots of pistils coming in. So yea, I'd say you're in time for the flower show.

I do wish i had invested an extra $75 and just gone LED, but the CFLs are giving me a good base of knowledge for my first grow. And i will use them for veg if they hold out.

Thanks for reading.

Cfl's are great when you're first starting. Inexpensive and you don't really have to worry about burning your plants. I probably have about 2 dozen cfl's due to that fact. I've moved on to led's but still start my seeds with cfl's. Growweedeasy is where I got most my info also before finding this great community.

I feel like nothing has changed much since my last post but wanted to stay active, so here are a couple pictures from the past couple nights.

Lucy is finally showing some stretch in the third week of flowering, not sure if that means anything. Not that I'm looking for them to stretch, but as I've said many times, their slow and low growth has been a concern. Maybe someday it will be a pride that i keep em short, but with the non-ideal environment (temperature mostly) i still see it as a possible symptom.

Lucy
420-magazine-mobile1658839838.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1889862956.jpg
420-magazine-mobile910831176.jpg

Ethel
420-magazine-mobile1403390255.jpg
420-magazine-mobile85308828.jpg
420-magazine-mobile223430659.jpg

Are those sticky spots on the leaves, or just water?

Dried residue from the SM-90 i sprayed. Not sticky. Not pretty but should be harmless as far as i know. Always sprayed just before lights out but those spots have been there since. Only sprayed twice. Decided i was wrong about having spider mites so I haven't sprayed again.

Oh ok. When I had spider mites there was sticky spots here and there although that is a symptom of thrips. Just checking. Looking good.

Lucy wasn't happy i was late with water again tonight. Been watering more these days so i end up doing it every other day so the soil dries a little before the next watering. She was annoyed tonight so i gave them both a lot extra. Hopefully they don't complain about that too ... women . ... just kidding ladies .

A couple closeups as well. Not as clear as I'd like but i can't seem to do much better.

Lucy (with a few dark pistils)
420-magazine-mobile1472296172.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1558908624.jpg
420-magazine-mobile906886929.jpg

Ethel (upbeat as always)
420-magazine-mobile1261436607.jpg
420-magazine-mobile623691319.jpg
420-magazine-mobile789489913.jpg

Back
Top Bottom