Phototropic's First Grow: Pure Power Plant In Soil Under CFL

37 days of Flower, look at Lucy's fat bud.

420-magazine-mobile646558410.jpg

That smell! Mmmmmmm. Girls are coming along. Finally smelling like what I'm growing. Super excited over here. A lot of browning at the pistils. These beauties are going to have some nice color.

Not much else to report besides my enjoyment of my girls growing up.

Now pictures. Wish i could post the smell. It's light compared to where I'll probably be when my whole family is visiting for thanksgiving...but it's definitely there.

Lucy
420-magazine-mobile2026000512.jpg
420-magazine-mobile727447178.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1272432120.jpg

Ethel
420-magazine-mobile647538424.jpg

Read on PWs perpetual grow journal mention of "back-building." Per his recommendation i took a look at "LA's guide to simple backbuilding for buds" journal on here and the short and sweet directions were to snip the tippity-tip of the colas that are wanted to fatten up and become more dense than tall. The idea seems to be to imitate a barrier or something the plant should want to grow around. Figured it was worth a try.

By my estimate, I'm about 1/2 to 2/3 through flower so it is the right moment. Hopefully it does something nice.

I only snipped Lucy's four main, tallest colas and Ethel's two tallest colas. Didn't touch the little offshoot buds growing around.

And oh the smell! Mmmmmm. That little snip released some sticky sweetness. Super exciting folks. I know most, if not all of you know that feeling.

Here are my back-building pics.

Lucy
420-magazine-mobile173725512.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1791913632.jpg
420-magazine-mobile216933237.jpg

Ethel
420-magazine-mobile1754231752.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1313842927.jpg

Very Cool. I want to try this. Im glad you did it will be fun to watch.

Thanks. Doesn't sound like it does as much for yield. Where it was going to grow up, it is now just growing fat. So i suppose the growth is still happening at the same rate. But who doesn't like a fat bud? We shall see.

Thanks for watching.

Nice group shots 'tropic.
I've been busy getting my own journal and outdoor grow going so hadn't checked in here for a while. Just caught up! Looking so good - the stretch period really fill them out hey!?

You're right about the back building. From what I've read (a lot round here!) you likely end up with the same final weight just redistributed, like you said. Some people like it for 'bag appeal' apparently. Guess it'd help if you had height issue too. Looks like it will be a really lovely harvest for you in a few weeks ..

Nice group shots 'tropic.
I've been busy getting my own journal and outdoor grow going so hadn't checked in here for a while. Just caught up! Looking so good - the stretch period really fill them out hey!?

You're right about the back building. From what I've read (a lot round here!) you likely end up with the same final weight just redistributed, like you said. Some people like it for 'bag appeal' apparently. Guess it'd help if you had height issue too. Looks like it will be a really lovely harvest for you in a few weeks ..

Thanks for coming by.
I can never tell how much the girls grow because i look at them every day without fail. My wife has to tell me when they have gotten bigger or I'd still think they were seedlings .

I'm a long time buyer, so i love a little bag appeal. Looking forward to seeing how the back building effects them.

Anyways, good luck on your garden. Drop in anytime.

Photo do you see any perks from the backbuilding snips yet?

Only got to look once since the snip. Morning rises in the box in 20 minutes so stay posted. Though it's only been 2 days, so i imagine I've got a couple more to wait. Most people i read were noticing results around day 5.

Probably should have measured their girth prior to the trim, but I've got enough photos and eyes to help me decide.

I think my next grow i am growing to have to set up some more standardized photo taking techniques and angles so that i can follow, not just the overall plant growth, but also the individual bud growth.

I want to say, "i opened my box tonight and WOW that back building is puffing my girls' colas up nice!" But i can't really say that with total confidence yet. I am a firm believer in placebos so i could be imagining it. I think I'll have a more reliable opinion come the end of the week.

In the meantime, here are a couple pics that you can judge if you'd like.

Lucy
420-magazine-mobile186918894.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1146932348.jpg

Ethel
420-magazine-mobile1797969308.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1437394902.jpg

Have a peaceful night.

Back
Top Bottom