Phototropic's First Grow: Pure Power Plant In Soil Under CFL

When I did back building I really didn't see any change for about a week. I was like you - checking every day expecting to see instant growth.

Not really expecting to see the back building have effect in less than a week. I have been checking daily since germination. I only have 5 blank days on my private grow journal in 113 total and those are only because i went camping on two occasions.

I pop in every morning when they're waking up.

Group shot.
420-magazine-mobile893709257.jpg

Either way they look Awesome! Really impressed what your doing over here with Cfls. Give this dude some HID lighting or LED and hed knock it straight out of the park into the parking lot

"Harvest when the majority of glands are clear and a few glands have started to turn milky white. Harvesting plants too early, before a few of the glands turn milky white, will make them less psychoactive, because they hold less THC. Harvesting at this point will yield a cerebral, soaring, heady stone. The body will be less affected" – Jorge Cervantes
420-magazine-mobile293321700.jpg

–view of a trichome through an electron scanning microscope–
420-magazine-mobile481472030.jpg

117 days since germination
52 days since light flip
7 days since back building snip

So i didn't really leave myself a control cola to compare my back built colas to. However, just from comparing to the smaller buds that didn't get the snip, and the change they did go through these past 7 days, I'd say there was a significant bulking up. They don't seem to have gotten any taller, which was what was predicted, but the main bud growths definitely widened.

8 days ago, prior to the back build snip
420-magazine-mobile1310961576.jpg

Tonight
420-magazine-mobile1619960201.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1406275574.jpg

Also, i decided to take a pre-harvest clipping tonight. I know (read: "i think") I'm at least 2-3 weeks away from harvest, but i wanted an early taste. I also have some friends coming over who i haven't told about my grow yet (no one knows but my wife and you good folk), so i wanted some home grown for them to taste next weekend. It won't be ideal because i haven't flushed he nutrients yet and she's a little immature, but what the hell. It also seemed like good practice for the big harvest day so I'm not sitting down cold. And i figure it will help me get an idea of dried weight.

420-magazine-mobile1222561341.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1969698420.jpg

So that little nuglet is hanging in the grow box as it has ideal conditions from what I've read. I'll leave it in there a couple days then into a mason jar.

Please feel free to share your harvest/curing experiences as i am nervous like usual about entering a new phase.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom