Phototropic's First Grow: Pure Power Plant In Soil Under CFL

WhatsApp_Image_2017-11-20_at_16_14_12_3_.jpeg
WhatsApp_Image_2017-11-20_at_16_14_12_2_.jpeg
WhatsApp_Image_2017-11-20_at_16_14_12_1_.jpeg

hi!
I'm that guy from south of Brazil. Finally found how post pics here. Those 3 are from my 1st CLF grow. Not so fat as yours and a long way to go yet, but i'm very happy just for the experience. Got a lot of clones too, so this was the 1st of many.
I'm be comming back to check your results

:Namaste::goodjob:
What strain is that Iss?

WhatsApp_Image_2017-11-20_at_16_14_12_3_.jpeg
WhatsApp_Image_2017-11-20_at_16_14_12_2_.jpeg
WhatsApp_Image_2017-11-20_at_16_14_12_1_.jpeg

hi!
I'm that guy from south of Brazil. Finally found how post pics here. Those 3 are from my 1st CLF grow. Not so fat as yours and a long way to go yet, but i'm very happy just for the experience. Got a lot of clones too, so this was the 1st of many.
I'm be comming back to check your results

:Namaste::goodjob:

Not huge but they look nice. A little nutrient burn it looks like on the tips.

Clones are good. Keep things going.

How much light are you using? "Real watts"

I'm harvesting soon so keep an eye out.

Uhhg. Waiting...waiting...waiting...

Trying to be patient. Ethel has been coming in with her red pistils and Lucy is smelling sweeter every day.

My skills with the pocket microscope are improving. Still hard to distinguish between cloudy and clear because it's got such a shallow depth of field, but at least i can look at a group for more than a heartbeat. Definitely want to invest in a microscopic camera. That Zorb one on amazon isn't too expensive. Next grow probably.

So the way I'm seeing it, if Saturday doesn't feel right for Lucy's harvest, I'll give her another week. She will definitely be ahead of Ethel which sucks because i wanted to use the grow box for drying as the RH is around 40-50% and the temperature is consistently low 70s to high 60s. I think this is a good zone, though i will be double checking. But with Ethel still in there growing, damp soil and the lights coming on and off, i think I'll have to find a different place.

So not much else to report. It's hard to believe but they are sill getting fatter. Very excited. Going to need a gram scale.

Now, to continue being patient and waiting...waiting...waiting...

Lucy
420-magazine-mobile1259098236.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2048204818.jpg
420-magazine-mobile699996240.jpg

Ethel
420-magazine-mobile16817233.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1716271687.jpg
420-magazine-mobile479236319.jpg

What strain is that Iss?

I honestly have no idea. I got the seed of a weed from the street market here. But was very strong, good quality.
All I can tell is that its a Sativa, smells like earth and the buds taste like papaya.

Not huge but they look nice. A little nutrient burn it looks like on the tips.

Clones are good. Keep things going.

How much light are you using? “Real watts”

I’m harvesting soon so keep an eye out.

Yes, I put too much nitrogen and burn some leaves. I had no idead about what I was doing at the start. So much so that I allmost killed my plants using a soil that was almost entirely sand. Stupid thing...
I got 5 plants, total of 30 mid size buds and 5x48 watts and 3x24 watts CFL
dont know how to calculate the real wattage...
But all plants are sideways, trained using low stress traning and I cut off all little buds and leaves in the shade.
Going to move all clones to a guerrilha setup cuz its summer here in BR.

I check ur post every week! Hope u the best.

I honestly have no idea. I got the seed of a weed from the street market here. But was very strong, good quality.
All I can tell is that its a Sativa, smells like earth and the buds taste like papaya.

Yes, I put too much nitrogen and burn some leaves. I had no idead about what I was doing at the start. So much so that I allmost killed my plants using a soil that was almost entirely sand. Stupid thing...
I got 5 plants, total of 30 mid size buds and 5x48 watts and 3x24 watts CFL
dont know how to calculate the real wattage...
But all plants are sideways, trained using low stress traning and I cut off all little buds and leaves in the shade.
Going to move all clones to a guerrilha setup cuz its summer here in BR.

I check ur post every week! Hope u the best.

Sounds great. That's probably the real wattage.

Good luck. Send pictures when you have some.

For some reason i hear the Imperial March in my head every time i look at Lucy.
Can't explain that one.

420-magazine-mobile415594392.jpg

Choosing not to harvest this weekend .they just don't look ready. Hopefully i feel better about it next weekend. The smells get better every time i go to say good morning. Itching to start clipping .

Duuude brutal! Both of your girls seem to be increasing in size with every update. I honestly think you're doing the right thing playing this week by week instead of jumping into harvest. I am getting extremely itchy with my grow also. Haha your nugs are definitely imperial towers :laughtwo:

Thanks. I worry that I'm just hesitating. I think Lucy will be ready this weekend. As far as i can see, her trichomes look mostly cloudy. Pistils are majority dark and curling. There's still a lot standing up, but I'm hoping those curl over by Saturday. Ethel isn't there yet but not too far behind, like her sprout.

Getting better with this shitty pocket microscope so you know what that means! Shitty attempts at shitty pictures through it! It's all Lucy tonight. I feel like i can see a difference between Lucy and Ethel. I'll try to represent that tomorrow night with Ethel.

For now, check out the possible ambers, my strong reason for harvesting this upcoming Saturday. Aiming at little to no amber trichs. I want majority cloudy. I like that energetic head high and would like to land there with a gentle body high to close.

That was my experience with smoking my tasting bud (and the little undergrowth-micro-popcorns I've been drying (if they're growing lower than the one node under the main canopy, I've been snipping and smoking them (worth the minor effort))), but it wasn't as potent as i hope these buds will be once matured and cured.

420-magazine-mobile1118431463.jpg
420-magazine-mobile26233467.jpg
420-magazine-mobile800181820.jpg
420-magazine-mobile170549099.jpg
420-magazine-mobile326627960.jpg

Harvested last night!

Pictures on the DSLR to follow later today. Just wanted to throw up a quickie post. Very exciting. They are hanging in the grow box to dry. I'll go into more detail on my curing process later but for now, thank you to everyone here on 420 for the help and support to get me through my first grow.

420-magazine-mobile1811228639.jpg

That's almost it for my first grow. All that's left now is drying, curing and smoking. I found the trimming process to be very enjoyable. Went very slowly. Had a couple beers, smoked a bowl (or three) with the wife, saved the trimmings, and now i have what i hope to be a few months worth of smoke to enjoy.

Expecting everything dried by the end of this week. I have a few jars waiting to be filled. I'll be using the Boveda humidipaks once the jar humidity has stabilized. I will keep everyone posted as that goes. I've been tasting speed dried bits throughout the grow, so I'm looking forward to tasting the difference after a two-three week cure.

Lucy
420-magazine-mobile712745796.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1485626604.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2139978896.jpg
420-magazine-mobile886541316.jpg
420-magazine-mobile189982938.jpg

Ethel
420-magazine-mobile1455547611.jpg
420-magazine-mobile753904502.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1103376478.jpg

420-magazine-mobile863614647.jpg

So my girls have been jarred. Came home Wednesday night, about 3-4 days hung up to dry and they were very dry on the outside. Stems weren't snapping but i couldn't bear to let the outside keep drying and getting crumbly.

Weighed them out as i did and it looks like I'll have about 1.5 ounce from Ethel and 2 ounces from Lucy.

There is still a little moisture inside so I'm popping the jars every night. My one hygrometer was showing the RH to be at about 52% so i dropped a Boveda Humidipak 62% in each jar.

When i opened them last night i was greeted by a new fruitiness to start replacing the green smell that was there on harvest. My wife still smells the green some so it's not all gone, but i expect a lot of development over the next 2 weeks of curing.

I'll post some jarred pictures tonight.

Quick pictures of my final weights. The girls are well dried and are spending time in the curing jars with their Humidipaks. Happy to have this supply, my wife and i have been picking at it since (and a little before) harvest. I have noticed the flavor develop and the harshness dissipate. Another week or so and I'll break off a nice chunk for use so the rest can relax in the curing jars.

Lucy came in at about 49 grams
420-magazine-mobile849595239.jpg

Ethel was just under Lucy at about 45 grams
420-magazine-mobile1212546007.jpg

So i totaled about 3.25 oz, which is pretty good for me.

Back
Top Bottom