Phototropic's First Grow: Pure Power Plant In Soil Under CFL

And the plants look really really good.

Those colas are really plumping nicely. How much longer do they have to go?

Thanks guys.
Not to sure how much longer they have. Bought a cheap-o pocket magnifier but can't hold it steady enough without crushing the buds.

Lucy looks like she's getting close where Ethel is obviously not; her hairs are still too white.

Been sick all weekend so maybe tonight I'll be able to get a good look at the trichomes without my splitting headache.

Thanks guys. Feeling better, still fighting the urge to lay in bed instead of heading to work, but up and about, getting things done. The wife is under the weather now so care had to shift.

So here's a little update. Got myself a $5 pocket microscope for scoping some trichomes. Took a few days to get used to, but once i started being able to force my hands to move opposite what i was seeing (everything is flipped), I got the hang and can hold steady on a set of trichs for observing. And i still have no idea! Is this going to be one of those things that i will be unsure of for days/weeks and then when it finally does happen i slap my head in a moment of "duh?"

On Lucy, who is obviously more mature, i feel like i see some clear, some cloudy and a few darker at the tops. I even turned out my two sets of 2700k bulbs because i thought maybe the warm light was reflecting. I don't think it was. But my gut tells me she's not ready until Thanksgiving weekend (about 10 days).

Ethel, on the other hand, is clearly less mature, and not ready for harvest. Her pistils are only just browning and her trichomes seem very clear. Her i project another 3 weeks. Again, just gut. I have no real idea!

I did find this morning, Nirvana and their web forum state the PPP genetics are an 8-10 week flower.
I'm at:
- 57 days since flip
- About 46 since noticing pistils from my flowers.

Going by pistil appearance, 10 days will land me on the 8 week mark for Lucy and Ethel would come in on the heavier side of the harvest window. (Going by flip, now would be the time).

So I'm going to let my gut and the info above drive me to wait on Lucy.
I have switched over to just plain pH'd water but am considering throwing a small dose of the liquid calcium into Ethel's next feeding.

And pictures!
Lucy
420-magazine-mobile1135752554.jpg
420-magazine-mobile710825427.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1925165200.jpg
420-magazine-mobile773475140.jpg

Ethel
420-magazine-mobile2030701102.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1485934570.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1443310025.jpg

I know your eager to harvest but I would wait on Lucy. Make sure that you're looking at the calyx trichomes not the sugar leaves. They'll give you a better reference when to harvest. I'm only saying this because I've harvested too early twice. They're looking great btw. Keep it up man.

Wow wow wow. I don't mean to be rude, but I see the entries for nug of the month then I see this! Some seriously fat juicy tops there. I'm stunned. You should definitely enter next month. Great work!

beautiful.

Thank you. I always appreciate the appreciation.

I know your eager to harvest but I would wait on Lucy. Make sure that you're looking at the calyx trichomes not the sugar leaves. They'll give you a better reference when to harvest. I'm only saying this because I've harvested too early twice. They're looking great btw. Keep it up man.

Thanks for the tip. I think i have been looking at the sugar leaves more because they're easier to get a view of through the microscope. I'll focus in on the calyx trichs tonight and try to get a better idea. My pistils haven't curled back much yet, which I'm told is another indicator of ripeness.

Wow wow wow. I don't mean to be rude, but I see the entries for nug of the month then I see this! Some seriously fat juicy tops there. I'm stunned. You should definitely enter next month. Great work!

Thank you much sir, definitely not rude to me! I was thinking about entering after harvest. Could be cool. There's some pretty nice swag out there and it never hurts to get some love from the community. Though some of those past contests have heated up. We shall see.

Looking good. It is a bit difficult to get your scope down to see the trichomes on the calyx. Also what you are looking for is the mushroom tip of the trichrome. It won't sneak up on you and slap you in the face. From when you wee your first amber it will be about a week to harvest depending on the percentage you are looking for.

This picture will give you an idea of what your looking for. In the picture you will some clear, mostly milky and some turning amber.

Hey dude been awhile, looking good! :thumb: Don't go by the growers spec of 8-10 weeks. I know growing a Sat is different but, i'm at week 15 and may go as far as 22 weeks. I had no trichomes until week 8. Week 14 they changed from crystal clear to cloudy, now mine are cloudy with lower growth a few amber trichs.
Your grow looks excellent. You managed to keep the leaves all green which i couldn't do :)

Hey dude been awhile, looking good! :thumb: Don't go by the growers spec of 8-10 weeks. I know growing a Sat is different but, i'm at week 15 and may go as far as 22 weeks. I had no trichomes until week 8. Week 14 they changed from crystal clear to cloudy, now mine are cloudy with lower growth a few amber trichs.
Your grow looks excellent. You managed to keep the leaves all green which i couldn't do :)

Thanks Holo, glad to have you back.
Not totally green. Ethel has a pretty decent little calcium deficiency (as good a diagnosis as I've gotten) so she's pretty speckled. Lucy's lower foliage has been yellowing out so I've been clipping away.

Pretty sure I'll be harvesting Lucy around thanksgiving (next weekend), and Ethel a week or two after that. I appreciate your info. It's good to hear people go over the expected flower times, makes me comfortable with leaving Ethel for a while.

Looked at the calyxes more last night and i did see a couple darker colors, but mostly clear i think. Looking for those pistils to curl back a little as an indicator too.

This is the most stressful part as i expected. A mistake here can't be taken back so I'm trying to hold my patience until my eyes agree with my gut.

They sure do look tasty up close.

420-magazine-mobile138625187.jpg

Just gonna put these girls down here. Ethel is getting red.
420-magazine-mobile1965263324.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1333717538.jpg

The wife and i have been smoking my taste-test bud that i snipped 9 days ago.
420-magazine-mobile709598190.jpg

First significant bud I've ever dried. And it is tasty. Super dense, good high for being way under developed. Looking forward to the big day.

WhatsApp_Image_2017-11-20_at_16_14_12_3_.jpeg
WhatsApp_Image_2017-11-20_at_16_14_12_2_.jpeg
WhatsApp_Image_2017-11-20_at_16_14_12_1_.jpeg

hi!
I'm that guy from south of Brazil. Finally found how post pics here. Those 3 are from my 1st CLF grow. Not so fat as yours and a long way to go yet, but i'm very happy just for the experience. Got a lot of clones too, so this was the 1st of many.
I'm be comming back to check your results

:Namaste::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom