Pineapple Chunk - 45W CFL Grow - 400W Flower

Floramite SC. Works 100% of the time, all the time.

Summary: You can dick around with tree-hugging, moon phase-inclusive organic mite treatments, but at the end of the day, you'll still have fucking spider mites. The above must be used carefully, and not after week 2-3 of a 9 week flower cycle, and unlike Avid, which is a last ditch, fry your plants nuclear option, Floramite, if used in the dark, won't hurt your plants & it kills ALL the mites, but more importantly the eggs, dead. as. fuck.

You gotta be real aware and get on top of any mites fast because mites have such a short reproduction time there will be millions within a week or two. It's like a 3-5 day cycle from egg to immature to mature that can lay more eggs and the cycle continues. So a week or two is all it takes for there to be a major infestation.

Someone else mentioned that they develop a resistance to whatever bug killer you use so you gotta rotate and use several different types for best results. You need to spray both on top of and underneath leaves to get them. And because of their fast reproduction cycle you gotta spray then spray again 3 days later and again 3 days after that to really try to get rid of them. But if you miss any undersides of plants they can just hide out and chill and them BAM they're back.

I wish someone would develop like a bug bomb mist type deal for spider mites where you just click the bug bomb and leave it in your grow area to gas the little buggers. Would be so much more effective than hand spraying where you'll likely miss spots.

MR is a systemic pesticide so while it doesn't kill the eggs- it is absorbed by the plant making it toxic to mites for several weeks - long enough to break the reproductive cycle.
But if it didn't work- it didn't work. Mites evolve immunities quickly.

It's only been a few days yet. Maybe it will work but don't think the plant will do well now. Seems to have lost its oomph.

Well almost any type of spray will kill the mites- definitely including the tree-hugging flowerchild hippy ones such as soap and water. It just doesn't kill the ones that hatch out over the next day.

It seems very odd to me that your spray wouldn't wipe them out on contact and at the very least- least seriously slow them down. Have you looked at these mites close up?

Well almost any type of spray will kill the mites- definitely including the tree-hugging flowerchild hippy ones such as soap and water. It just doesn't kill the ones that hatch out over the next day.

It seems very odd to me that your spray wouldn't wipe them out on contact and at the very least- least seriously slow them down. Have you looked at these mites close up?

Weasel. The stuff has worked. Just saying my plant looks like shit. If I got to it 2 weeks earlier would be better.
Just had a real close look and it's wiped out 90+%. Am going to give another spray tonight and then maybe in a week again.

Morning of 6 weeks 12/12:
420-magazine-mobile130569141.jpg

This bud was covered in mite webs before spraying, notice how the pistils are all pushed down on top. Now no webs:
420-magazine-mobile1609921226.jpg

Need to clean up all the bottom stuff and let her run her course I guess if I keep them under control. Just won't be the princess I was hoping for.

Not going to have time to clean her up tonight. Have mixed up another litre of mite-rid tho and will give her a spray 15 min before lights out. Hopefully that will knock them on the head for now and I'll probably give her another dose in a week. Got another 6 weeks in her I reckon yet at a slow pace so think that should be ok. Bit of eucalyptus oil in this stuff. Can smell it a mile away. Might end up getting stoned like a koala... lmao.

That's nuts. I can't imagine popping to the shops and having to worry about Kangaroos squaring up to me. The local chavs are bad enough never mind a 6ft angry as shit kangaroo. Brilliant little tale.

What's a chav? I'm 6'3 and he towered over me up on his hind legs. You don't want to fuck with the big ones.

Pineapple Chunk is getting smelly now. Got the full pineapple smell back. Flowering very slowly but still kicking. Will get some photos tomorrow night at 7 weeks. Mites seem very under control now. Last spray tomorrow night will finish any survivors off.

Back
Top Bottom