Pineapple Chunk - 45W CFL Grow - 400W Flower

Ok haven't done any further clipping but just gave her a good spray of Eco-neem and my other plants too. Will see if it slows them down till the mite-rid arrives.

You can see the difference in growth on the left side that has the mostest mite infection.
420-magazine-mobile1920909313.jpg

Spider mite infestation? Those things suck. Major pain to get rid of.

Here's a website from greenharvest giving all sorts of tips to get rid of them.

Remove the most heavily infected leaves. If you can move the pot take it somewhere you can high pressure spray it, or just a garden hose and stick your finger/thumb partly over the end to make the spray more direct and pressured. A hand held vacuum cleaner might work to suck 'em up instead of blow 'em off with water. I thought ladybugs were a good predator for spider mites but it doesn't mention them on that website. Then there's eco-oil or eco-neem (Bunnings), but that stuff isn't recommended for late in flowering. They also suggest a 2% rosemary oil solution. Anyways, check it out and see if any solutions are viable or just stick with the Mite-Rid you already ordered.

I been meaning to ask about your PC plant, pretty sure some of your posts I read weeks ago mentioned PC being a real pain to grow, and other people have mentioned the same thing. Is it really that difficult or fussy to grow? What are the main problems you've had with growing it, apart from the mite infestation.

Thanks Nightmask. I hoping to get them under control.
As for PC, I don't know if someone could pay me enough to ever grow it again. May end up being the best bud I ever smoke but mine has been a complete pain in the arse from day 1. I'd have to grow out a pack to really have an informed opinion. But I never will. I'm going to take a hammer to my other seed I have just to make sure. And the majority of people ain't big fans. Gets 1/10 from this reviewer.

Can't say the Eco-neem has done much yet. I know you need to wait a few weeks. Man they spread quick.
420-magazine-mobile1886578168.jpg

420-magazine-mobile918392704.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1510375769.jpg

If totally healthy she may have ended up ok. Taking forever tho and bugs ain't helping the cause.

Not looking good. Got webs appeared all over 70% of the buds now and it's not growing at all anymore. Sprayed every single bit of it this morning as drenched as could be with the mite-rid. Something tells me it's a goner. Will see what happens.

Depends on my pheno I suppose too: does anyone know how stablized these seeds are?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk grow to massive sizes if allowed. Yield and potency if grown well are also very good. Watch the stretch though, I've never seen any cannabis plant stretch like the Barneys Farm Pineapple chunk, it was ridiculous and caught me out big time.... and I grew her outdoors using light deprivation and she touched the top of a 7/8 ft flowering shed after stretch, it was nuts. Beautiful smoke though so well worth the aggro.

Not looking good. Got webs appeared all over 70% of the buds now and it's not growing at all anymore. Sprayed every single bit of it this morning as drenched as could be with the mite-rid. Something tells me it's a goner. Will see what happens.
That sucks. I was looking at the pics yesterday saying, where are the webs? Earlier in my grow I thought I had them as well and did a lot of research on how to kill them. What I had was a soil mite called I believe hypoapsis miles. I ended up killing them all using a mixture of 1qt water, a tablespoon of Dr bronners peppermint soap and 5 drops of pure rosemary oil in a spray bottle. Unfortunately, they are a beneficial mite that Foxfarms is rumored to be adding to their mix. Anyway the SNS 217 is essentially the same mix. 2% rosemary oil. 98% water. Just a cheap organic remedy you can try. So sorry. She is a beautiful plant. I can't believe how fast they took over. It's in my seed arsenal. Would like to run a couple but you make it sound nightmarish. Good luck, don't give up hope. Hit them hard with multiple solutions. One thing I did learn is that they build up tolerances fast, so rotate your treatments.

I finally got around to giving my plants a good mite treatment today, picked up a jellybean and could see the fuckers crawling up its stem, sprayed the pollen and veg tents but gonna try get away without spraying the flower tent :rofl:

Good shit. Die all mites. Die!

I sprayed everything. Tho the only spot I see anything is PC. But holy moly they move fast. Must have a million of them on this plant. Sucked all her goodness out now. I'm not going to smoke bud full of mites so it's just an exercise now.

Ill wait till Sunday night and see if it's made any difference. Go from there. At least I've learnt what to look for in the future so I can get on top of them quicker and even prevent them. Might even do some preventative sprays just for the hell of it on future plants.

Back
Top Bottom