Please help!

Also my leaf yellowing may be cause by drastic ph fluctuations. When I tested runoff a few weeks ago with ph drops and color chart my ph red or around 5 ph so I added lime to my soil. Then my new meter came in yesterday and my soil slurry tested on was 7.2-7.4. So I'm thinking I added too much lime and the big ph flucuation shocked my roots causing the yellowing and leaf clawing I am encountering now. OPINIONS????
Others would know better than I, but lime is a narural buffer to 7.0ish range. If you are growing in soil ( with peat - which nearly all soil is.... peat is naturally acidic), i wouldn't think added lime was ur issue ( ive never seen an over feed issue with dolomite lime... and typical amounts added are 2 TEAspoons per gal of soil in pots). More likley id think would be a lock out from previous root ph( depending on how long since u added lime) ... from my experience, adding lime to buffer soil and increase cal& mg levels takes atleast 2-3 weeks before the plant truley responds. Maybe more. Its not immediate like ph up or down.

Ph up or down can make things worse at times though because if it IS a lockout..... ph up just adds more unecessary salts. Fine line.

Is ur yellowing immobile from top down or is it mobile from bottom up? If u have ruled out nitrogen ( yellow bottom leaves falling off EASILY).... then have u considered it to be light burn ( most effected directly iver light and botton of plant A-OK.)... if you can rule these 2 out.... then my guess is pH lockout ( due to brown dots calcium would be first deficiency to show), or its just the plant naturally eating itself ( but I can't remember if you're at least 4 weeks into flower yet or not)

It's a possibility. Your PH isn't that bad though. A little high...no pun intended. Give it water only next feeding. Soak it and let it drain for a few days to clear out the salts. Not sure if it will help much though.
I agree with this since you just added lime. Re evaluate a day or 2 after the flush/salt drain out. After nutrients have been drained, add back 1/4 nutrients for your weekly schedule feeds. Ill show u a picture in a bit og my purple kush that typically starts yellowing week 5 in glower and conti ues until the final moments of harvest. If that is where u are and what is happening (control urself from adding nitrogen if its past week 5 in flower!!!) Just an FYI as nitrogen with dimis
Nish returns and meds will taste like an infant cooked'em...lol- happy growing . . . .

So your sunplus pioneer 6 CREE cob is the same exact light as the optic 6. How is this? And how much was that light?

Never heard of the optic 6 but just looked it up, and yes oddly enough it looks like the EXACT same unit.... I paid $500 for mine but they went up in price, think our sponsor sells them for $620 now .

It's a possibility. Your PH isn't that bad though. A little high...no pun intended. Give it water only next feeding. Soak it and let it drain for a few days to clear out the salts. Not sure if it will help much though.

If you have an enzyme solution in your arsenal(SLF 100, sensizym etc..) will help break down the salts too

Never heard of the optic 6 but just looked it up, and yes oddly enough it looks like the EXACT same unit.... I paid $500 for mine but they went up in price, think our sponsor sells them for $620 now .

So I watched the review video and it is indeed the exact same light, branded under a different name and retailed at a higher cost .

I know it's not to bad.. Should be a few points lower but I'm not saying my ph is the problem, im saying my ph fluctuating from low 5's to mid to low 7's probably shocked it

So I watched the review video and it is indeed the exact same light, branded under a different name and retailed at a higher cost .

Lol right I told you. So we were talking about the same light the whole time. That's weird!!! That's the light i want though. The PAR on that thing kills the competition. Where do I order one from?

Is ur yellowing immobile from top down or is it mobile from bottom up? If u have ruled out nitrogen ( yellow bottom leaves falling off EASILY).... then have u considered it to be light burn ( most effected directly iver light and botton of plant A-OK.)... if you can rule these 2 out.... then my guess is pH lockout ( due to brown dots calcium would be first deficiency to show), or its just the plant naturally eating itself ( but I can't remember if you're at least 4 weeks into flower yet or not)

It's mobile from the bottom up and I'm almost on week 6 flower

Lol right I told you. So we were talking about the same light the whole time. That's weird!!! That's the light i want though. The PAR on that thing kills the competition. Where do I order one from?

Check out our Sponsors page, the sponsor is SunPlus, should be a link through there, if not I'll link his thread when I'm at a PC, his username is Techman

I know it's not to bad.. Should be a few points lower but I'm not saying my ph is the problem, im saying my ph fluctuating from low 5's to mid to low 7's probably shocked it

The PH fluctuation may not actually be that bad, comparing the results of 2 different tests with 2 different instruments shouldn't be done, just proceed forward knowing what it currently is .

It's mobile from the bottom up and I'm almost on week 6 flower
You should be totally good then in my opinion. Id personally stay the course after ur lime correction to ph and try to water only next water.... after that go to a 1/4 strength... then back to ur normal and keep eye on along the way. Week 6 yellowing leaves to nitrogen low on plant is a GREAT sign (shes taking all shes created for buds now!! Woot!) Try hard to NOT give more nitrogen if you can. You'll be better off. You only have 2-3 weeks to go and unless its progressing like wild fire everyday, you'll be fine. Keep an eye on though.

Check out our Sponsors page, the sponsor is SunPlus, should be a link through there, if not I'll link his thread when I'm at a PC, his username is Techman

There is also optic 2, and optic 4 and Amazon also sells this same light but they call it something different as well lol does sunplus also have it with the 2,4,or 6 cob? I don't know which one to get lol. The sunplus, optic, or the Amazon one haha

You should be totally good then in my opinion. Id personally stay the course after ur lime correction to ph and try to water only next water.... after that go to a 1/4 strength... then back to ur normal and keep eye on along the way. Week 6 yellowing leaves to nitrogen low on plant is a GREAT sign (shes taking all shes created for buds now!! Woot!) Try hard to NOT give more nitrogen if you can. You'll be better off. You only have 2-3 weeks to go and unless its progressing like wild fire everyday, you'll be fine. Keep an eye on though.

The reason iv been worried is because iv only ever gave her 1/4 strength nutes so I was thinking she may be under fed and that may have been the cause of yellowing, I gave her a dose of 1/2 strength a couple days ago with 2ml per gallon gh gro, 4ml per gallon gh micro, and 6 or 8ml gh bloom (can't remember) I have it in my journal at home. As long as I can keep my ph around 6.5-7 I will be happy and not stress to much over the last 2-3 weeks. I just thought the yellowing was a little accelerated and I didn't think low nitrogen would work it's way up towards top of canopy and start turning top fan leaves lime green so quickly

I dosed with dolomite lime about 2-3 weeks ago btw

There is also optic 2, and optic 4 and Amazon also sells this same light but they call it something different as well lol does sunplus also have it with the 2,4,or 6 cob? I don't know which one to get lol. The sunplus, optic, or the Amazon one haha

Yes they have the 2 and 4 as well, they also have one called the blooming which is 3 of the higher model CREE COBs.... What's the one on Amazon called?
Just go with which ever is the cheapest if they're all the same.... I know SunPlus is cheaper than Optic, not sure what the Amazon ones called though

Did you notice an improvement at all after the 1/2 strength? Better/same /worse... say, 2 days after? Atleast u could rule that out....Because you may be right then. Hard to tell without seeing them everyday.

I'd say after 2 days I haven't noticed as much yellowing... give a few more days to be sure

Yes they have the 2 and 4 as well, they also have one called the blooming which is 3 of the higher model CREE COBs.... What's the one on Amazon called?
Just go with which ever is the cheapest if they're all the same.... I know SunPlus is cheaper than Optic, not sure what the Amazon ones called though

I was wrong... Amazon sells the optic and yes if seen the blooming, how much is that one?

Back
Top Bottom