Please look at my plant - Why does he look like lettuce?

I would get a ph pen ASAP.

Then, what are you planning to use for feed ?

Long story, short. Adjust your water ph to 6.2 and flush with 2x the volume of the pot.

Pour one container and wait about ten minutes for it to drain, then repeat.

Then another one with a 1/4 strength feed.

FF is not my thing but I would imagine a ppm of ~200 would be appropriate at this stage.

BTW > what is the age of "it" now ? ;)

Good luck,

Cheers
I’ve been trying to look for a new ph pen but other than that I took your advice and just flushed it with water once the soil was dry. also it sprouted just this nov 28 so it’s grown a lot :)

Can someone please tell my what those light green spots and patterns mean? And why he looks like lettuce
As @Roy Growin mentions in msg #3 there might not be enough of the micro-nutrients available. Using a lot of a Cal-Mag product, even one from a respectable company like Fox Farm will not make up for low levels of the other nutrients.

It might help to know which soil you are using. Fox Farm makes several different blends.

Knowing the pH of the water as it comes out the tap is really important. If you live in a big city it might be easy to ask the water department the pH and if it varies from time to time. Most soil growers do not seem to need to know the pH of the water beyond that. It is a soil grow and not hydroponic.

If you live in a large enough town or city you might be able to take a sample of clean water from the tap to a tropical fish store and give them a $1 or so and ask them to check the pH for you.

What strain is the plant? Depending on the strain it might be normal for the leaves to look that way. I am thinking of two popular strains that have odd shaped leaves or strange colors. Dr Grinspoon and Freakshow come to mind.

I’ve been trying to look for a new ph pen but other than that I took your advice and just flushed it with water once the soil was dry. also it sprouted just this nov 28 so it’s grown a lot :)
Hmmm, if your ph is off your flush would not have much effect......

It would really help us if you provided more information.

Which FF soil, which Cal-Mag product, what lights, etc.

And you should be thinking about up potting. I usually do that between day 18 and day 21.

Cheers

As @Roy Growin mentions in msg #3 there might not be enough of the micro-nutrients available. Using a lot of a Cal-Mag product, even one from a respectable company like Fox Farm will not make up for low levels of the other nutrients.

It might help to know which soil you are using. Fox Farm makes several different blends.

Knowing the pH of the water as it comes out the tap is really important. If you live in a big city it might be easy to ask the water department the pH and if it varies from time to time. Most soil growers do not seem to need to know the pH of the water beyond that. It is a soil grow and not hydroponic.

If you live in a large enough town or city you might be able to take a sample of clean water from the tap to a tropical fish store and give them a $1 or so and ask them to check the pH for you.

What strain is the plant? Depending on the strain it might be normal for the leaves to look that way. I am thinking of two popular strains that have odd shaped leaves or strange colors. Dr Grinspoon and Freakshow come to mind.
Thanks for ALL that good info. I was actually grinding up some good weed that I paid a good buck for and found a seed in it. As a female I barley knew anything about growing So I did lots of research and bought materials. i really didn’t think it would even sprout it was all like A silly joke but then it grew and now it’s my baby🥲 my ph pen will come in tomorrow so I should be able to straighten my ph out and it will all go away lol

Hmmm, if your ph is off your flush would not have much effect......

It would really help us if you provided more information.

Which FF soil, which Cal-Mag product, what lights, etc.

And you should be thinking about up potting. I usually do that between day 18 and day 21.

Cheers
Don’t forget the Myco when you uppot help’s with the shock and pathogens. CL🍀

I used to check the ph of our city water. I vent our water overnight if not longer to let the chlorine disapate. Nutes I use now, GeoFlora, have are more relaxed on the ph of our water. They are a sponsor here. Big bags but they last for several grows.

Hi hemmi. Do you smoke tobacco? Look up tobacco mosaic disease. Easy to catch. No cure. Hope it’s something else. If it is tmd plant will be stunted and fairly poor. If can start another I would. Good luck

Welcome to the forums @Hemmie . :welcome:

It looks to me like you have a watering issue, as in too much (really too frequent) watering. Can you tell us how often you water, how much you give and how you determine when it's time to water?

There are many ways to do it properly but if you don't get that part right and over do it, the bottom roots will rot and whatever nutrients are in your mix will not be able to be delivered to the plant, leading to what looks like nutrient deficiencies, because that's what they are, but it's not a lack of nutrients but a lack of the delivery mechanism.

Does your Fox Farm soil have nutrients built in? Canna is a heavy feeder so we might be looking at a few issues here.

And, as has been said, you're looking for female plants, not males. Don't know if a male name for a female plant is bad Juju, but it'll at least give the plant a gender complex. Like the Jonny Cash song about a Boy Named Sue. :laughtwo:

Up pot with a good potting soil and give it a couple of days,, u should not have been feed the sprout any nutrient ( way to young) up pot it keep it “” moist “” not soaked, give it a few days and see what the new veg looks like.. you will need to grow it out a bit , there is no fixing that old growth

I'm thinking virus now, as @Clinto says.

Heavy leaf distortion with variegation... likely cannot be due to a nutrient issue, nor a water issue. If it's a virus, there's nothing you can do, unless you want to try some Ivermectin. ... just kidding, mostly.
1672090627239.png

Back
Top Bottom