Plugger's Hydro #01

02/21 @ 1200 Checked the tent today all 3 plants look good, blue b1 does not look to be showing any ill effects of yesterdays topping and there does seem to be growth continuing. I have not put the ScrOG net up or started any LST yet going to try and wait a few days til after I top blue 2 and blue 3.

blue b2 is growing good and is starting to show separation between its nodes and is just about ready it has a developed node 5 top and 1/8" or so of space above node 4. I am going to give it a few days yet it is 4 days behind blue b1.
blue b3 is growing good and is starting to show separation between the nodes it also has a developed 5th node but there is just a little space above node 4. I am going to give it a few days yet it is 4 days behind blue b1. And 7 hours behind blue b2

I have been moving the lights off from night time to day time. I now have it from 6am to noon. That way when things cool at night it will be lights on to help with any temp issues.

I currently just have the veg lights on, after the 2 next toppings and the next res change (Saturday) I am going to turn on the bloom lights and see what the environment and plants do. This next veg week should be the last before I start the transition to flower, Hopefully ;). Next week should also be the real start of using the ScrOG net and tucking, etc which should run in to the first few weeks of flower if I understand things correctly.

Tent 73.6 F @ 63%, res 64.5 F moved the cool humidifier on to the timer so when lights go out so does the humidifier. With lights off it takes the humidity right up in to the 90's. I have a humidity controller but have not installed it yet.

I dipped yesterdays blue b1 top cutting in rooting compound waited an hour and put it in to res water in my Humidity dome covered it (cut the light out) and turned on the heating pad. I will keep an eye on the temp. The heating pad can bump the heat right up to the 90's F if I don't watch it. Time will tell this is just a test at this point.

Will turning on the bloom lights in veg accelerate growth in veg

mmmm My plants are not seedlings, more light more growth turning them on. And we will know ;)

02/22 @ 1145 OK just checked the tent my 3 plants look good. Interesting thing was the humidity was 81% with the humidifier and lights off the last 6 hours (6am - 1200)noon. It did not get as cold last night weather wise outside like we have be having.

Tent 75.8 F @ 81%, res 70.0 F these seem odd the humidity and res temp being that high. Lights come on @ 1200 I
will keep an eye on how things develop. So veg and bloom lights are on and I should top b2 and b3 this weekend, put the ScrOG net in and go through one more veg week. Then move in to transition to flower. I may take pictures later or wait until tomorrow when I do my res change. Now much has changed except nice growth.

02/22 @ 1235 OK, I did have the room heater I have been running on last night. I turned that off. Lights are on now (veg & bloom).

Tent 77.7 F @ 48%, res 69.9 F

02/22 @ 1708 I looked at the growth of blue b2 and blue b3 and it was so good since yesterday I have topped them both between node 4 and 5. But I made an error on b2
Note: always come in with the cutter perpendicular to the growth below never parallel because a depth error is easy to make. on b2 I clipped the secondary growth(kinda an Fiming) the stuff in the v of the node and 1/3 or so of the opposite leaf stem.

Do not want to tape since there is no way to tape the leaf stem without covering the fm'd growth in the node v and I think if I lose the leaf stem the fm'd grow is more important.

The growth on blue b1 is wonderful it has responded to the topping by growing

Anyway, having a little single malt scotch taste (since I have no bud) then I will go in and get pictures.

Growth could also be due to the addition of the bloom lights (they have been on for 24 hours minus the 6 lights off)

OK pictures, all 3 are now topped
blue b1, blue b1 close(the cut), blue b2, blue b3, environment, all 3, tent

Attachments

• blue_b1_adj_20190222.JPG
    blue_b1_adj_20190222.JPG
    568.6 KB · Views: 45
  • blue_b1_close_adj_20190222.JPG
    blue_b1_close_adj_20190222.JPG
    683.6 KB · Views: 45
  • blue_b2_adj_20190222.JPG
    blue_b2_adj_20190222.JPG
    574.9 KB · Views: 45
  • blue_b3_adj_20190222.JPG
    blue_b3_adj_20190222.JPG
    633 KB · Views: 44
  • res_pic_adj_20190222.JPG
    res_pic_adj_20190222.JPG
    515.4 KB · Views: 49
  • tent_all_adj_20190222.JPG
    tent_all_adj_20190222.JPG
    784.1 KB · Views: 52
  • tent_adj_20190222.JPG
    tent_adj_20190222.JPG
    698 KB · Views: 51
My res temp is a concern but the roots look great. I do have a cooler but need to do some changes to get it in. The top feed pump is still in the res I need to get that out but there are a lot of roots. I should have removed it earlier.

@plugger If youre worried about res temps get some hydroguard, Z7 or Enzymes Komplete. Which ever you have easy access to. Start at 25% suggested and move up if you run into root issues. Those will keep your roots clean and healthy up to 75. Youll have nothing to worry about.

Already using Hydroguard so i think I am good just wondering what the temp range is with it? So 75 F Just wondering since I am full flower lights and this is my new environment. once I do the flip next week.

Have 2 fans but I was thinking I would clip them to the ScrOG screen. Funny don't recall when my seedlings turned in to plants but they did ;) Will get the fans in there.

Stuck my head in the tent just before lights on at noon and things look good growth continues. The stem on blue b2 that I nipped with the cutter seems fine no drooping, etc of the leaves on that stem.
Now that all 3 are topped I am wondering about doing the ScrOG screen maybe I just do minor LST bending and such and just let this first grow go into flower after this next week of veg.
These plants are so compact, they are only 6-9 inches tall but the nodes are growing more distance between.

Funny had my dream again last night that all 3 are male ;)

Have my 2 buckets here for the res change. My worst nature is screaming in my ear go flower nutes and switch tonight.
But I am not going to do that 1/2 each of the trio and we veg another week ;) and we will go flower in a week.

changing the res 1/2 each veg nutes growth is great I will get some pictures one more week of veg

things look good just some pics

Attachments

• blue_b1_close_adj_20190223.JPG
    blue_b1_close_adj_20190223.JPG
    565.8 KB · Views: 46
  • tent_all_adj_20190223.JPG
    tent_all_adj_20190223.JPG
    707.5 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom