Possible nutrient deficiency?

recky

Hey guys! Growing autoflower in 15 Litre pot, with 70/30 coco perlite. Light schedule at 18/6. I'm feeding it with a fertilizer with 12:battingeyelashes:3 at an ec of 0.5 every other watering. I'm using white vinegar to get my ph down to 5.8, which I'm thinking could also be part of the problem. The last runoff was 0.8 ec and 6.1 ph. Any help would be much appreciated!. It's confusing, because the side of the leaf looks burnt but the upper leaves are yellowing even though the lower ones are still green.

Thanks for your time

Attachments

• 20190508_150508.jpg
    20190508_150508.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190508_150315.jpg
    20190508_150315.jpg
    621.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20190508_150312.jpg
    20190508_150312.jpg
    670.4 KB · Views: 38
Welcome ;) You might want to check out the Grow->Grow Journals and consider starting one for your grow. It allows others to have the needed information to help better.

You have any suggestions on what ec I should be at in this stage of the grow?. Sorry I meant npk 12:battingeyelashes:3

Water daily. Also, your first picture gives your problem away. You can plainly see where you have poured water over the top where there is wet spots and dry spots all over the top of the Coco. You need to absolutely thoroughly saturate every bit of the Coco daily.

Dude, have you been growing long? Have you ever tried dwc?
I recommend keeping it simple. More problems come from trying to be scientific and micromanaging.
I grow using water. I stopped ph-ing my water. I don't check the ppm, and I don't even do water changes. I just top it up daily as it runs out. As for nutes, I just use masterblend for veg, and some tiger bloom shit for flower. I add the nutes for every 3 or 4 fill-up of plain water.
The plant grows 3 times faster and 3 times bigger. Soil sucks in my opinion. It's less maintenance, but slow and risky (pests). And if you're growing in soiless medium, your roots have to fight to expand.

Lay off the nutes. Go easy on the ph chemicals. If the water from your tap has a good ph, leave it alone and just use that.
Unless your equipment and environment are top notch, nutes alone aren't going to give you monster buds. You only risk problems when you start playing with chemicals.
Deep water culture dude. Small footprint/large plant, no bugs, and no mess :)

The bubbles provide your roots with oxygen. Hence the big and fast grow. It's all about the bubbles!!

Cheers

Yeah, look at how slow roots grow in a 30 day veg in soiless mix.....they really had to fight to grow :rofl:

They had to fight so hard they didnt know they were 3 feet long...Sarcasm

Or, these roots I took a picture of today. They are hanging out of a 20 inch tall 13 gallon pot of Real Living Organic soil....
Soooo Slowwww...

OK thanks a lot for that mate. Did everything you guys today keen today as far as the watering and everything's concerned

Have some cal/mag here actually. Just fed them with normal veg fertilizer today, but should I Water it with cal/mag every other feeding?

OK thanks a lot for that mate. Did everything you guys today keen today as far as the watering and everything's concerned
Yeah. I would suggest to stop measuring ec of runoff. Did you thoroughly rinse your coco before you planted the seed in it? Just be sure to water until you get about 15-20% runoff every time. That way it helps flush old nutes out as new ones go in so there is no excess buildup.

Yeah, look at how slow roots grow in a 30 day veg in soiless mix.....they really had to fight to grow :rofl:

They had to fight so hard they didnt know they were 3 feet long...Sarcasm

Or, these roots I took a picture of today. They are hanging out of a 20 inch tall 13 gallon pot of Real Living Organic soil....
Soooo Slowwww...
I'm actually a hobbyist vegetable and micro green farmer. I use both soil and water. And in my experience, water (no resistance), allows the roots to be "free". That's just how I visualize it. Nothing scientific here. Just my personal observation when growing in both.
Water with bubbles grows bigger and faster.

I have seen superior grows in soil as well. These guys know what they're doing. The average home grower probably doesn't get so lucky. Therefore, water is a safe bet. That's all I was trying to say.

You seem offended and come off as defensive. Don't be a snob.

Tip for you...
Speaking is repeating what you already know.
Listening is learning something new.

Looks can be deceiving. At the end of the day, as long as your weed gets you high.

Tip for you...
Speaking is repeating what you already know.
Listening is learning something new.

Seriously, you've copied the same tag that 20% of members here have in their signature.
"Speaking is repeating what you already know. Listening is learning something new".
So maybe you should learn your own lines and not be a parrot.
I've put in my time, I learn, I listen to those who have something valid to say. I also teach those valid things learned and confirmed.
I use both soil and water. And in my experience, water (no resistance), allows the roots to be "free". That's just how I visualize it. Nothing scientific here. Just my personal observation when growing in both.
Maybe so, but there is a give and take to everything. What are you giving up by growing roots a tad bit faster in DWC vs Organic soil? I'll just leave it there.

Back
Top Bottom