ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

The Royal Mail is pretty quick considering the season
That's because they work for the queen. That and they can't go home until it's all been delivered!
It wasn't a gift though...it was just facilitated shipping
You could have been Santa420 for the day. I wouldn't have said anything
That pipe really works well...Christmas day is tomorrow (or 20 minutes your time)
Well that explains everything that I've just woken up to
Unthreatening? Ask VG's roller derby friend
I see
Awesome!!! I was hoping the Cream D' Mint and the Wonka Bars would make it ...

How do you get the incredible purple to come out in your plants? Science or magic?

Merry Christmas amigo :)
We have another one just about to pop up. The Chromatose! The only one left to go is the Double D. My favourite yet again. Chromatose was born on Christmas Day though so thats cool.

To be honest the purple is probably genetics. Fastbuds have some loud plants. If you've never grown a Fastbuds strain then I recommend looking at the pics and choosing one that looks purple. Check out @Ganjagrandaddy's journal for some more nice colours. He has their LSD-25 and Blackberry which look very pretty.

Merry Christmas everyone. Time to open some presents. Hope you all have a great day
:passitleft:

Hey 420. I said over in my other journal that I probably wouldn't be posting anything tonight but then I went and did loads of things in the garden....

First up I dismantled the Wilma system. @N420 this is all it is. First we have a res. It holds about 25ltrs of water....
ORG_DSC08962.JPG

Under the tray is a pump....
ORG_DSC08963.JPG

The pump is connected to a pipe which has 4 dripper branches and a flow switch....
ORG_DSC08964.JPG

The flow switch either allows water to flow through the drippers or straight through and back into the tank....
ORG_DSC08965.JPG

The pots sit on top of the tray and the dripper stakes are inserted into the clay pebbles or medium of choice. Simple....
ORG_DSC08967.JPG

Now I dismantled it for a reason and that was to basically start again with the nutes....
ORG_DSC08966.JPG

The plants are still growing but are being severely damaged by what I believe to be ph issues. Basically, every morning when I check the ph it's around 7.5. I then set it back down to 5.6ish. The next day it's back up again. It's a constant battle so I've flushed them as I think that the pebbles are holding onto nutrients and messing with the ph. They've been flushed with a ph'ed nutrient solution and the tank has been refilled with the same. Now everything should be more balanced. That's what I'm hoping anyway....
ORG_DSC08966.JPG

Try again....
ORG_DSC08968.JPG

Here's how they look close up. New growth is dying fast. Not an issue I can say I've had before. Normally old growth is effected with most of my plant problems so this is strange to me. Lil HH has taken a beating but still has plenty of growth if we save her now. I'm hoping what I've done will help as they won't survive many more days at this rate....
ORG_DSC08969.JPG
ORG_DSC08970.JPG
ORG_DSC08971.JPG
ORG_DSC08972.JPG
ORG_DSC08973.JPG

Standing water will increase pH over time. Aerated water will rise faster. This may or may not happen in 0 ppm water, but it does with tap.
It's strange because I've ran these units several times and it's never risen quite as fast before. I'm using H2O2 which I've never done before. Could that be effecting it?

Well, that's the bad news out of the way. Here's some good news. The Double D from Exotic Genetix has germinated successfully. Here's the Chromatose and the rest from yesterday....
ORG_DSC08990.JPG

Here's Double D. GMO x Tina....
ORG_DSC09003.JPG

Back in the cupboard....
ORG_DSC09002.JPG

H2O2 works to keeps the roots clean and dissipates pretty quickly. I ran it in my cloninator and never had an issue with it. It is acidic though so at high enough amounts will mess with the pH. And the Professor ran his DWC with it as I recall.

I also used straight 3% H2O2 in ProMix HP to save my mother plants from whatever fungus was eating the roots.

Is the pH pen calibrated?

It is the warmest tent right now. It's in between 26C and 29C on average. I've not seen hit 30 yet
Still, well within an acceptable range so it's not heat. I completely missed the pH part you were having issues with so the problem is most likely pH related. Carry on.

H2O2 works to keeps the roots clean and dissipates pretty quickly. I ran it in my cloninator and never had an issue with it. It is acidic though so at high enough amounts will mess with the pH. And the Professor ran his DWC with it as I recall.

I also used straight 3% H2O2 in ProMix HP to save my mother plants from whatever fungus was eating the roots.

Is the pH pen calibrated?
I have checked and the pen is fine

How much H2O2 are you using? I think 4 tablespoons per gallon of water is the recommendation, but I'm with Penny and would stop it for a while and see if they improve.

What are you using to pH adjust the water?
Distilled water and the packs you get with the pen. This pen is new so it should still be ok

Back
Top Bottom