ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

My girls ride Harley's... if the tent's a rockin don't come knockin!
I thought she would be so easy to control
I never dreamed that she would leave me standin' in the cold.....
:hmmmm:
I know someone who thought so... And probably still do think so...

I asked this in another thread and didn't really get an answer, so maybe some gurus here can help answer my question regarding trichs.

This one's for you Professor!

So my PE autos just don't seem as frosty as my WW's were, which is understandable since it's two different plants. Both grown in the same medium and both had the same feed schedule, water, pH etc. The only difference really is the time of season. Humidity is hard to control in my area at this time of year. Will humidity have an effect on the amount of trichs that develop? The plants are fat and juicy and stink to high heaven, but when I look at some other PE autos the frost is just not the same. What other factors can I control to ensure I get the most trichs on my girls?

Man I have to read my posts as others would read them

Some good info on this thread! Not like mine where we are currently discussing Google cars and innuendos lol. Good job Sauga :)

This one's for you Professor!
That's what I meant by this one's for you.

My question was for anyone who wants to reply :)

Humidity shouldn't effect trich production however high temps certainly can. Some strains can handle temps better than others so one plant may be effected where others wouldn't. In my tent now Shed's Orange is showing signs of heat stress but it certainly isn't hot. Like you said though, it could just be because they're different strains and the WW is just way frostier

Phewf...I've been sitting on my hands for the last 39 minutes. What makes you think it's not just straight genetics?
I don't I guess, I kinda related it to the lack of humidity, running around 30-35%. I thought if that had been higher right from time of flower it would have had an influence on it.
Just as you posted I had an alert from the other thread and they take me on the same road as your thinking, so I'm going with that. :Namaste:
Thanks and sorry for making you wait, lol :)

Humidity shouldn't effect trich production however high temps certainly can. Some strains can handle temps better than others so one plant may be effected where others wouldn't. In my tent now Shed's Orange is showing signs of heat stress but it certainly isn't hot. Like you said though, it could just be because they're different strains and the WW is just way frostier
Well temps are stable from 75-80, never higher. Good ventilation, just a low humidity. So, as Shed mentioned, just a genetic thing I guess since they look wonderful.

This may be a dumb question, but how much effect do trichs have on overall quality? I know they are there to protect the plant, but does it have an overall effect on the high? I'm guessing no, or will change my guess when I hear the answer.

I just went and did I a bit of research for ya and found out that low humidity in the last half of flowering is actually very beneficial to trich production. High temps will burn off potency but high humidity just slows the production of trichs but doesn't damage them. Yes, as Shed said, more is better.

OK so my answer is yes it does... makes sense when you state it as simple as that. How about the size of the trichs. In otherwords, albeit there doesn't appear to be a lot of trichs on the plant, they are very small, which is kinda why it may also look like it's lacking that frost look. Bigger trichs hold more THC I would assume, so really being small is not what a good grower would be shooting for. Hopefully I wont be disappointed with the quality after looking at how gorgeous she is. Looks may not be everything I guess.

I just went and did I a bit of research for ya and found out that low humidity in the last half of flowering is actually very beneficial to trich production. High temps will burn off potency but high humidity just slows the production of trichs but doesn't damage them. Yes, as Shed said, more is better.
Thanks Professor... I didn't want to go on that Google thing as I get lost and end up at some xxx place... then I'm gone for 3 minutes. ;)
Seriously, thanks!

OK so my answer is yes it does... makes sense when you state it as simple as that. How about the size of the trichs. In otherwords, albeit there doesn't appear to be a lot of trichs on the plant, they are very small, which is kinda why it may also look like it's lacking that frost look. Bigger trichs hold more THC I would assume, so really being small is not what a good grower would be shooting for. Hopefully I wont be disappointed with the quality after looking at how gorgeous she is. Looks may not be everything I guess.
Trichs look different on different strains. Some look like little snail eyes whereas others can look like fat mushrooms. They can be different colour as well. I grew an auto strain called Narco Purps and it had red trichs instead of amber when it was mature.

There we go. Back to the filthy humour lol. Let's break it up with some pics....

Seedlings are officially back to health!....
IMG_2973.JPG

The clone is still alive. Her root is doing well :)
IMG_2974.JPG

Hey Birdie! ''Tis true, nothing is as it seems. Just thought I'd throw up some more pics. Back to the normal camera which is annoying but oh well....
IMG_2959.JPG
IMG_2960.JPG
IMG_2961.JPG

Look Dutch. The fan is still clean, so clean in fact I can see my plants in it....
IMG_2971.JPG

I thought it was a design on the fan.. Beautiful :=)
Ladies look awsome. :green_heart:

Hope you have tons of patience and your wife at least can discuss with you, so the last months might be happier for you.
Joke aside, it takes to tango, before and after. She needs to listen to you as well. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom