Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

Btw, anybody have a good place to get grain bags? If I don't use my spores in a month more, they may be too old to use.
I no i was looking at northspore jus now trying to find a gud place to get some edible spores. Im tryn to find a spot thts not to pricey n if they did freebies with a purchase tht wud b cool to lol. But yea northspore has bags an grains n sawdust n pellets all that so maybe check them out.

Over at northspore they got these bags they say its supposedly able to grow shiitake indoors. So i was wondering are these jus normal bags u wud use for grains an shit to or no? An if it says for indoors it would work in a martha tent wudnt it?
View media item 1808932

I got my grain bags and substrate from North Spore they do have what ever you need for growing Mushrooms. They have a cool video of how to do a mono tub. Not sure it is 100% right

I know the vomiting is considered part of the cleansing by some cultures, but I myself simply can't do it. I have a massive ventral hernia and sustained vomiting is one of the things that can send me to the hospital for emergency surgery. The last time they "fixed it" I spent 10 weeks in the hospital with 3 of those in the ICU where I almost bought it. The whole thing failed after 2 months back home and blew back out. They have tried to fix it twice with similar results. I'm NOT in a hurry to do that again, so I will go with the skins thanks.

You could still vomit and hurt yourself, I would advise AGAINST, but you are the Captain of your Vessel. Be Safe!

You guys know what the wart things are on top of some of the mushies? Maybe not enough air flow at first?
It's a stem starting to grow, harry feet and all. I've seen this a few times on a mushroom specific forum. Not much to worry about or do, the consensus seems to write it off as a mutation and not environmental factors.
anybody have a good place to get grain bags?
This fall I ordered from Out Grow on the Zon, 25lbs and zero contaminates. I'm back to PCing my own bags now, I was just lazy then and didn't have time.

You could still vomit and hurt yourself, I would advise AGAINST, but you are the Captain of your Vessel. Be Safe!
Thats why I am gonna do my best to minimize that possibility. I have a super strong belly girdle to wear during the purging. I can puke ok, but puking for 30 minutes straight or more wouldn't be good. So THATS what I'm trying to minimize.

I use insta-pot or whatever those damn things are called to make grain bags?
There has to be a TEK out there using Insta-pots, I know @PCaddict was looking into buying one, maybe he found something to follow for making grain bags in it. As long as it gets up to 15psi for 2 hours it will work to sterlize your grain spawn.

If I just buy them for this first run, what size do you recommend? 3 lb? 1 ib?
I went with 1 pounders since I was rusty and didn't know what my contam rates were going to be like. Not all my eggs in 1 basket so to speak.

There has to be a TEK out there using Insta-pots, I know @PCaddict was looking into buying one, maybe he found something to follow for making grain bags in it. As long as it gets up to 15psi for 2 hours it will work to sterlize your grain spawn.
Thanks for the info on that, I'll have to see what he found out. For now, what size grain bag should I buy? Does that depend on the size of my mono-tub? and what is the standard size for that? I have 2 syringes. i wanna say 35mls each? I don't remember for sure.

For now, what size grain bag should I buy? Does that depend on the size of my mono-tub? and what is the standard size for that?
Sorry I edited my previous post but not quick enough for you to see. See below.
I went with 1 pounders since I was rusty and didn't know what my contam rates were going to be like. Not all my eggs in 1 basket so to speak.

For me, 2-3lbs minimum for a 66 quart mono with 6lbs being the maximum for me. 54 and 66 quart are the standard bulk growing size monotubs. The 16 quart shoe boxes are the other, smaller standard size for monotubs. 35ml syringes are huge! Usually they are 10ml but the more the merrier. Between the few drops I drip out of my needle after flame sterilizing it, I end up shooting out about 3ml per 1lb grain bag.

Thats why I am gonna do my best to minimize that possibility. I have a super strong belly girdle to wear during the purging. I can puke ok, but puking for 30 minutes straight or more wouldn't be good. So THATS what I'm trying to minimize.
It's a health concern either way, you are talking about a belly girdle to do something you probably shouldn't in your condition. I'm not going to apologize for looking out for you when you clearly aren't worried about yourself. All the Best to you and Safe Travels.

I got my first grain bags from shroom supply.. they faired me well. Its funny the Pink Buffalo I did at first, that I threw out, got some blue spots in the bags but I think it was ok. 4 out of 5 jars I PCed of the Escondido did the same thing and the tote worked out awesome with this first flush. No contamination at all.. I wonder if was penicillin growing or the mycelium bruising in the jars and bags.

Not to bummed I threw those bags out though happy to learn and move on. Also the Escondido are pretty strong.. ate a couple real small fresh ones last night and it kept me going until 3-4 am while I was cleaning off all the mushies. What an amazing experience it was.. there was a moment where I was feeling the vibrations of the music I was listening to in my body.:hippy:

I got my first grain bags from shroom supply.. they faired me well. Its funny the Pink Buffalo I did at first, that I threw out, got some blue spots in the bags but I think it was ok. 4 out of 5 jars I PCed of the Escondido did the same thing and the tote worked out awesome with this first flush. No contamination at all.. I wonder if was penicillin growing or the mycelium bruising in the jars and bags.

Not to bummed I threw those bags out though happy to learn and move on. Also the Escondido are pretty strong.. ate a couple real small fresh ones last night and it kept me going until 3-4 am while I was cleaning off all the mushies. What an amazing experience it was.. there was a moment where I was feeling the vibrations of the music I was listening to in my body.:hippy:

That happens on Agar every once in awhile, the bluing(bruising), it's fairly common. It is too bad that you threw them away, but when in doubt, throw it out and now you know. You learned from it and now you are producing mushrooms, did you see the notes coming out of the speakers? :rofl:

Heck yea I can always buy that strain and try again no worries. I like the Escondido anyways I got good vibes from it. That would be neat haha.. maybe next time when I take more. The wall did start to side scroll in my peripherals like playing Sonic or Mario then I felt the vibrations in my body right after. The little orange I ate with them definitely helped that lol.

Lions Mane... DELICIOUS!

View media item 1809219
View media item 1809220
View media item 1809221I also have some TINY Pins forming on the Chestnut Block. Good Times!

Hey i jus got a sawdust block grow kit of lions mane an blue oyster as well. But i was wondering what does lions mane taste like? I was looking at these little logs tht have been inoculated with shiitake spawn n it says its for indoors. So i figured id try it out then i can get some spore prints so ill always be able 2 noc up afew mre logs if i want.

Back
Top Bottom