Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

I grew outdoors for over 25 years but I’m done with it. I’ll stick to indoor, much safer in the long run.
I've grown off and on since I was 17 and I'm almost 43(consistently for 15+) and I've never experienced the things I have this year. I'm pretty sure I had thrips and leaf miners and worms, and... YEAH it goes on with the BORERS and RIPPERS and STRESS. If I didn't have SUPER healthy plants I would of ended up with Zilch. This last plant I harvested, the Borers were trying to start on that one, the trunk decaying and what not. Yes friend... DONE and DONE!!

Hay Phantom , I am so glad we have someone with experience that is helpful Kudos !!

I have a question. On the video from North Spore on how to set up a (Mono tub they use a casing)..... once the tub is colonized but then they were growing mushrooms and not our kind of mushrooms but Shiitakes so maybe that's the difference. I plan to try again with 3 different mono tubs and 3 strains so I REALLY don't want to mess this grow up

I started growing indoors in 2015 because of rippers. Thought I’d try it one more time this spring and the deer ate every last one of the plants

I remember you had like one small plant not worth going back for I think. I wanted one last BIG grow too and ended up being more STRESS and time that it's worth to have a jerk RIP it.. ONLY to end up being schwag since it won't be dried and cured properly. LOSE... LOSE situation.

I started back growing Indoor in I think 2014 so similar time frames.

No need for a casing on regular cubensis, just the Penis Envy strains of cubes will need it (some other types of mushrooms like pans will need it too but let's just stick with cubes for now).

When you mix your grain spawn and substrate together save a few cups of substrate for after you have spawned the substrate and have it in your tub. Now take the reserved substrate and put a 1/4" layer on top to cover up any exposed grains. Let the tub colonize and then put it into fruiting conditions. This is all you will have to do for regular cubensis.

Hay Phantom , I am so glad we have someone with experience that is helpful Kudos !!

I have a question. On the video from North Spore on how to set up a (Mono tub they use a casing)..... once the tub is colonized but then they were growing mushrooms and not our kind of mushrooms but Shiitakes so maybe that's the difference. I plan to try again with 3 different mono tubs and 3 strains so I REALLY don't want to mess this grow up
@PCaddict.. Once you have fully colonized spawn, it's pretty tough to contaminate at this point. You don't even have to pasteurize the mix if it's Coco/Gypsum/Verm combo.

I just wanted to ease your @PCaddict mind a bit that it gets easier at this point. You basically do this... mix up your spawn with your Coco mix with a trash bag liner... cover up your Mono holes with duct tape or whatever you have. I literally threw mine in my closet in a trash bag with clothes on top of it and forgot about it for awhile. Don't micro manage it at this point, just let it do it's thing and leave it alone. In a week or so... check it with your phone flashlight and see if it looks like it's Completely white. If you are unsure, it's NOT complete and leave it a day or two and see if it changes. It's not going to fruit until you crack that lid, polyfill the holes, and throw a 6500K light source at it.

I just wanted to ease your @PCaddict mind a bit that it gets easier at this point. You basically do this... mix up your spawn with your Coco mix with a trash bag liner... cover up your Mono holes with duct tape or whatever you have. I literally threw mine in my closet in a trash bag with clothes on top of it and forgot about it for awhile. Don't micro manage it at this point, just let it do it's thing and leave it alone. In a week or so... check it with your phone flashlight and see if it looks like it's Completely white. If you are unsure, it's NOT complete and leave it a day or two and see if it changes. It's not going to fruit until you crack that lid, polyfill the holes, and throw a 6500K light source at it.
Yeah now that I had contamination I am really Gun Shy so I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed.

I got a adjustable fan with an on/off timer for two of the tubs and an Inkbird controller and a humidifier that I can use on two of the tubs. I will only have indirect lighting during the day but I should be set up with that I hope

I like the 100 watt equiv 6500K bulbs, they are 23 actual watts. I have ran 2 of them, but I have ran 1 with OK results. I have ran open bulbs before, or you can get a clip on lamp(6500k LED's are available too) with a bulb splitter and be GOOD for cheap. Indirect light will work, but you may get smaller fruits, and lower yields. You don't need a 100 watts or more like Cannabis, but 30-50 watts of 6500k works well. I have used 5000k before, but 6500k did better.

I like the 100 watt equiv 6500K bulbs, they are 23 actual watts. I have ran 2 of them, but I have ran 1 with OK results. I have ran open bulbs before, or you can get a clip on lamp(6500k LED's are available too) with a bulb splitter and be GOOD for cheap. Indirect light will work, but you may get smaller fruits, and lower yields. You don't need a 100 watts or more like Cannabis, but 30-50 watts of 6500k works well. I have used 5000k before, but 6500k did better.
I will look for some 6500K lights on the Zon. I did get a new shop light. Not sure if it is 6500k I will have to check. It is an LED shop light

I've grown off and on since I was 17 and I'm almost 43(consistently for 15+) and I've never experienced the things I have this year. I'm pretty sure I had thrips and leaf miners and worms, and... YEAH it goes on with the BORERS and RIPPERS and STRESS. If I didn't have SUPER healthy plants I would of ended up with Zilch. This last plant I harvested, the Borers were trying to start on that one, the trunk decaying and what not. Yes friend... DONE and DONE!!

Oh dam tht sux ur losing the outdoor grow ive done a few outdoor runs an they have thereset of problems but atleast itll be alil safer inside an u wont lose ur girls to sum ass wad tryn to take the cheap rout out an rip sum plants instead of jus askn for a dam few clones possibly makn a friend an jus grow ur dam own wat the hell is wrong with people lol. Atleast u got alil from them if i understand right an good luck with ur indoor run sounds like u got alot of room to play in so thats gud lol.

I have two small cabinets right above my fridge, the temp stays right at 77-79 degrees with the house at 75 or 76, works perfect for colonization. Those holes are fine for exchange and injection port. When I first started out, I used high temp RTV(I work on my own cars so I already had some) and Tyvek Envelopes(free), it worked, but it was kind of messy and UGLY. Not that it mattered, it did the job. It doesn't look like much is going on in that jar, you should be further along in the process and it looks to be spotty. Mycelium is BRIGHT fuzzy white and once it gets going it will rip through those seeds pretty fast. Let it go for a little longer for the sake of testing, I tossed one of my test jars, and now I have the other jar showing signs of life out of nowhere. I am working with old spores though so a little different situation. I had already written these syringes off so it's ALL bonus for me. There is an Oat tech where he boils(NO soak) the oats to get them gel/soft in the middle where they are no longer white(starchy) and dry the oats then to the PC.

What are tyvek envelopes? Dont i jus fill one hole with pollyfill an the other with tht red high temp rtv stuff? I dnt need to put a piece of clear tape over the top of the polyfill do i? An whats the name of the video with that grain cooking tech or how long do i cook them for do i jus let them go to boiling then jus keep checking them till i can bite threw them n they r soft but not mush? Or do i not bring them to a boil? Sorry for all the questions i jus dnt wana mess it up any more lol.

So got my lids selfhealing ports done an the grains cooked up an now drying an after like 2 hours to dry r so the lids shud b done so will jar up like 12 im hoping anyway lol. Acording to the video i was watching it was saying tht it expands to double the size so i did 6 jars of grains inhopes for 12 to be filled but not quite all the way so we will see but here it is so far.

View media item 1797474
View media item 1797473

Tyvek Envelopes are just a cheap way to have a filter and really only good for one use in my opinion. I just found my Polyfil actually with PLENTY left, the stuff lasts a long time. I didn't mean to confuse you mentioning Tyvek like you need it in your situation, the Polyfil filter will be fine with RTV or silicone as the injection port.

I went the cheap way in the beginning making my own lids with Permatex already on hand doing car stuff and free envelopes and plenty of quart jars already on hand from or for Cannabis storage. I initially went quart jars YEARS ago, and Quickly realized the half gallon jars are much easier to work with for larger amounts of Flower and storage in my situation. I had everything on hand so why not experiment with some lids, you can replace them by themselves if need be.

Back
Top Bottom