Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

A couple shoe boxes, (4) 1 quart jars or 1lb grain bags, a syringe of regular cubensis, and some bucket tek substrate is all you need for 2-4 shoes boxes. If that works out try a syringe of PE cubensis and try casing colonized substrate in a shoe box. If you get those down, graduate to a dozen full size mono tubs. :rofl: Or something more challenging like horse poo and wood chip substrate loving mushrooms.

The only other thing I recommend for first timers besides only growing cubensis is to try magic truffles (sclerotia). If you have a good sterile procedure, all you do is inoculate the grain jar and let it be for 2 months while they grow. Then once you harvest the truffles you can mix the leftover grains into substrate and fruit the mushrooms.

I was jus looking at truffels omg ok im definitely guna have 2 read up on this start these then continue on with shrooms talk about using ur waste lamao. Thts kinda like eating in the shiter ya no out with the old in with the new hahahaha jk......sorta

I'm going to do grain to Agar and G2G with the freak Tasmanian spores that decided to grow. I may even take a stab at Liquid Culture, but I'm fascinated with Agar lately, I need to scratch that ITCH first before I get ahead of myself. Oh, @The Phantom I just received my Flask, Thank you, it's perfect size in person. I think some of those ads have 1000ml Flask pictures and it was throwing me off. I have average hands and it's perfect for pouring.

I’ll eventually try it all before it’s over, I tend to dive into things completely. I’ve always been that way.
Me Too Penny. I get into something and become consumed with it, Addicted/obsessed with it. My Passion now is journaling and growing

I’ll eventually try it all before it’s over, I tend to dive into things completely. I’ve always been that way.

Me Too Penny. I get into something and become consumed with it, Addicted/obsessed with it. My Passion now is journaling and growing

If you want to be successful at anything you do in life, it's the only approach. Learn as much as you can about the particular subject and develop the skillset. When I was working for my brother to learn my business, I had to suck it up and make NO money with him to develop the skillset and NOT question any of his ways. Now, I'm just as good as he is and we are on the same playing field. Point is... You have to start somewhere and it's NOT at the top. And to be completely honest and fair... I'm not that much ahead of you guys other than I've successfully grown almost an elbow of boomers and I've read SO much about the hobby. Other than that, I wouldn't consider shooting multi-spore as being a mycologist. I would put myself at the intermediate level only, STILL so much to learn. I want to get into edible mushroom cultures to, maybe a side gig who knows, but it's all about the experience and process at this stage. :meditate:

We'll all get there together sooner or later.

Yes we will... I'm really enjoying this thread and the resurgence of the hobby for myself anyway. I kind of just grew them out for the fun of shrooms and just to have them for keeps sake and didn't continue on the journey. So thank you for getting me back excited and now I want to up my game just a little and see where she goes. :theband:

Find what you are good at and become the best at it is my mantra.

Point is... You have to start somewhere and it's NOT at the top.
As a young person, early 30s, I see this come up a lot with my peers and some of our younger employees. Everyone thinks that because they went through 4 years of college they should be making $80k and be a manager of people and projects with zero work experience. It's like they've completely forgot that every other engineer also went through college like them. I don't know, it could be specific to my profession as an engineer but I doubt it.

No it's across the board, I went to technical college 20 years ago, became Microsoft and Cisco certified thinking I was on my way to being a Network Admin. Yeah...(me) YOU and everyone else was sold on that PIPE Dream. I did however learn SO much about how shit works and the BIGGER picture so not a complete waste of time. My wife makes about that and she worked from the bottom to get there without a 4 year degree. She is now fairly stuck from moving up and now she has to go get that education to climb the ladder further. YOU will get frozen without the education to back you up on paper. Bachelor Degrees are good, but not what they used to be worth... my daughter's going for her Masters. Speech/Lang Pathologist goals. I feel like I'm building to a point here, but yeah... NOTHING good is EVER given to you and you have to earn your STRIPES. Most of us are practical when it comes to learning so hands ON experience... there IS no substitute. I remember thinking back when i was young and foolish that since I'm certified now I'm good to go without any real experience other than simulations. Yeah well... try to implement what you have learned in a REAL environment? Good Luck. I did an internship at Mckesson HBOc around the same time which has ONE of the most prestigious Networks on the planet(ROWS of 7500 series routers(I was obsessed with Cisco products), 6500 series switches, DUAL hardware firewalls, AS400's everywhere etc...) and I remember that thought creeped back in my head that I knew what was UP.

I was thinking 2x 5lb bags of spawn and a couple totes.
Now ur talking lol. I think 2day or 2morow will be my day to make up grains an sterilize them. Yea thts what ill do 2day ill make the jars n get the lids all ready n if tht dnt take to long then ill do the grains after otherwise ill do those 2morow. But yea i orderd some new spores some called F+ and then ones called Columbian Rust. So cant wait to run those this should be some fun. I really cant wait till i start seeing actual pins an mushrooms lol.

Lol og god ur telln me im am exactly the same % lmao. I started growing bud 1 or 2 plants an by my next check i got a 10x10 tent an alil 3x7 or sumthn like tht i cant remember it was a few years back lmao. But yea then i started with the shrooms. I figured id try a first run of some Golden Teachers for my first run to get my toes wet. But b4 they even started growing an then with my very next check now orderd all the stuff to make my own agar and got 2 more strains 2 work with hahaha

If you want to be successful at anything you do in life, it's the only approach. Learn as much as you can about the particular subject and develop the skillset. When I was working for my brother to learn my business, I had to suck it up and make NO money with him to develop the skillset and NOT question any of his ways. Now, I'm just as good as he is and we are on the same playing field. Point is... You have to start somewhere and it's NOT at the top. And to be completely honest and fair... I'm not that much ahead of you guys other than I've successfully grown almost an elbow of boomers and I've read SO much about the hobby. Other than that, I wouldn't consider shooting multi-spore as being a mycologist. I would put myself at the intermediate level only, STILL so much to learn. I want to get into edible mushroom cultures to, maybe a side gig who knows, but it's all about the experience and process at this stage. :meditate:

Dude for real every1 is gotta start sumwhere. So i figure start an do as many fun activities such as these as much as u can. Thts my way to go I think they jus call tht a happy life lmao. I was looking up this stuff they call mylo its leather made out of check it out its cool as shit. They think by 2021 ull b able 2 buy an n shit made from mushroom leather. Its actually made from the mycelium its really kool. It wud be cool to get a big factory going of mushrooms like jus big columns of them. An then jus sneak a column here an there threwout the place an do ur magic mushrooms hahahaha. But 4 real tht wud be a really cool job. I was thinking about tryn to make a patch of it my self but i gotta figure out how they tan it first. So far all the videos n everything i been lookn up on how 2 do it thts 1 of the parts they leave out prolly so u dnt do exactly like im tryn to do lmao. Im jus not tryn to steal there business i jus wana try N make some of it lol.

I've been wondering where the cactus growers were at, living in the desert I see people selling San Pedro cuts all the time, usually a $5 a foot.

Yea i would love to get a cutting of it myself one day that or the peyote one or shit even both wud be dope. I wana have a nice cacti, herb, an a garden. An i already have the last 2 going so jus gotta source a few mre items. Im waiting on my telephone brand agar-agar to show up then ill be all gud to make my own agar. So jus gotta make my own jars an sterilize some grains.
Check some items showed up in the mail 2day. Dont u jus love getting packages in the mail it makes me feel like i got a present r sumthing lmao.

View media item 1797094
Also will these needles work to make spore syringes?

View media item 1796967

Back
Top Bottom