Psychoactive Mushrooms & Cacti Discussion

I just chopped it.
20210106_200433.jpg

20210106_204709.jpg

20210106_210152.jpg

20210106_211609.jpg

20210106_211554.jpg

Your mycelium is grown out on your plates, do you plan on doing some transfers? Are you storing them in the refrigerator? If so it's not cold enough and they are growing fast. I have mycelium on agar since I first start my agar work this summer and it basically doesn't grow until I put it on the counter and it warms up. It's hard to tell what you have without looking at it from above/below. The one plate you have with that nice ropey rhizomorphic growth is what I'd like to isolate and clone on agar.

Yea the 1st two pics ive transfered like 7 times for the first one n 9 times for the 2nd one or sumthn like tht but yea i wana keep transferng them till i hit a monoculture.

I just chopped it.
20210106_200433.jpg

20210106_204709.jpg

20210106_210152.jpg

20210106_211609.jpg

20210106_211554.jpg

Your mycelium is grown out on your plates, do you plan on doing some transfers? Are you storing them in the refrigerator? If so it's not cold enough and they are growing fast. I have mycelium on agar since I first start my agar work this summer and it basically doesn't grow until I put it on the counter and it warms up. It's hard to tell what you have without looking at it from above/below. The one plate you have with that nice ropey rhizomorphic growth is what I'd like to isolate and clone on agar.
Dude holy shit man thts crazy i cant wait till i start getn yields like tht lol. Nice job man looks great congrats.

Dont know the facts, but do remember as a youngster being told when we find them in wild to only take the one with unopened cap. Leave the open caps for future generations, besides they aren't good for eating.
That was an old hippie guy he seemed to know his stuff the only guy i knew that seemed to know anything about the subject. That was over 20 years ago.

Dont know the facts, but do remember as a youngster being told when we find them in wild to only take the one with unopened cap. Leave the open caps for future generations, besides they aren't good for eating.
That was an old hippie guy he seemed to know his stuff the only guy i knew that seemed to know anything about the subject. That was over 20 years ago.
That is definitely respect for the patch and easier to eat unopen, they still work all the way flat or sometimes wavy(spores don't taste good). It's the same thing with people who pick or hunt for wild peyote, you don't pull the whole plant up by the roots, you cut the cactus as close to the ground as possible and it will callous over and grow pups after healing. Good Karma to be respectful of the healing properties and or the powers that be. :meditate:

Ok cool thanks guys.. they are still good once the caps open I know that lol. I've been letting mine go until they are as big as they can get.. also the timing isn't always so great and I can't be in two places at once.

The first flush of the Escondido went very well.. pretty much a full canopy. Took me like 6 hours to harvest and clean them all! Had some fun and made a little mushie battle dome at the end haha.. I need to find a better way to harvest cause I just rip them out of the substrate and I can feel that it isn't the best way to go about it.

2nd flush of the Golden Teachers looked decent.. I needed to be opening the totes and door to the closet more to get more fresh air for the totes while they flush. Some had gotten fuzzy stems all the way up to the veil. Poor management on my part. Also I didnt realize I needed to open the totes a few times a day while they are flushing but it seemed to help.

Ok cool thanks guys.. they are still good once the caps open I know that lol. I've been letting mine go until they are as big as they can get.. also the timing isn't always so great and I can't be in two places at once.

The first flush of the Escondido went very well.. pretty much a full canopy. Took me like 6 hours to harvest and clean them all! Had some fun and made a little mushie battle dome at the end haha.. I need to find a better way to harvest cause I just rip them out of the substrate and I can feel that it isn't the best way to go about it.

2nd flush of the Golden Teachers looked decent.. I needed to be opening the totes and door to the closet more to get more fresh air for the totes while they flush. Some had gotten fuzzy stems all the way up to the veil. Poor management on my part. Also I didnt realize I needed to open the totes a few times a day while they are flushing but it seemed to help.

View media item 1810098Young Jedi!

Holy shit man that is amazing congrats. I cant wait till im getting flushes like tht lol.

So 2day in the mail i finally got my sonic mister. So i can setup my martha tent now. I also got some shelves i can put up inside it to hold some sawdust blocks for my oysters plus my others tht i get growing. But yea 2day is looking like a building day lol. Gotta cut my tote lid so i can put the ducting in n vent it to my tent so it will fill up with humidity. I did notice tht the tote i got to hold my mister is alil bigger then needed. But the mister wasnt super clear on how many gallons it shud sit in when being used. So had to do alil testing b4 hand an filled a 5 gallon bucket n dumped it in. An it was a few inches over the top of the unit an it did work jus very low amounts of mist like so. An here is the mister it even came with an xtra atomizing tablet.
View media item 1809990
View media item 1809989
Then after i took out like 2 gallons or so an water level was only about an inch over the top of the unit it worked amazingly lol. The mist or shud i say fog lmao jus started rolling out literally lmao. My dog was acting like it was snow jumping up an dwn in it an trying to bite it lmao. It had me jus rolling watching him tryn to bite it n wen his jaw jus snapped shut on nuthn he wud look all confused n then tryn take 2 or 3 more quick bites of it an still nuthn it was hilarious lol. I notice if u keep the water level jus a tad over the first knuckle of my finger the mist jus pours out lol.
View media item 1809988
View media item 1809987
View media item 1809986
View media item 1809985
View media item 1809984
Then here we got my shelves ill be cleaning an sterilizing n then adding to my tent to hold my various mushie blocks ill running.
View media item 1809818
View media item 1809817

Holy shit man that is amazing congrats. I cant wait till im getting flushes like tht lol.

So 2day in the mail i finally got my sonic mister. So i can setup my martha tent now. I also got some shelves i can put up inside it to hold some sawdust blocks for my oysters plus my others tht i get growing. But yea 2day is looking like a building day lol. Gotta cut my tote lid so i can put the ducting in n vent it to my tent so it will fill up with humidity. I did notice tht the tote i got to hold my mister is alil bigger then needed. But the mister wasnt super clear on how many gallons it shud sit in when being used. So had to do alil testing b4 hand an filled a 5 gallon bucket n dumped it in. An it was a few inches over the top of the unit an it did work jus very low amounts of mist like so. An here is the mister it even came with an xtra atomizing tablet.
View media item 1809990
View media item 1809989
Then after i took out like 2 gallons or so an water level was only about an inch over the top of the unit it worked amazingly lol. The mist or shud i say fog lmao jus started rolling out literally lmao. My dog was acting like it was snow jumping up an dwn in it an trying to bite it lmao. It had me jus rolling watching him tryn to bite it n wen his jaw jus snapped shut on nuthn he wud look all confused n then tryn take 2 or 3 more quick bites of it an still nuthn it was hilarious lol. I notice if u keep the water level jus a tad over the first knuckle of my finger the mist jus pours out lol.
View media item 1809988
View media item 1809987
View media item 1809986
View media item 1809985
View media item 1809984
Then here we got my shelves ill be cleaning an sterilizing n then adding to my tent to hold my various mushie blocks ill running.
View media item 1809818
View media item 1809817

I've been playin' with the Martha for awhile(Let me know if I can Help), it's a challenge dialing in the FAE versus Humidity, but it's a fun hobby and the experience is ALL worth it. I've harvested a few King Oysters(waiting on others to finish) which are finnicky to grow(should of probably cased the block), but all for the sake of data, I can dial in yields when I get to that point. I'm addicted to Sawdust blocks right now, but I do have some Albino A+ MS going(will xfer to AGAR to play with) and I shot another TAZ jar up to see if will grow again. I also have been transferring some F+(3 transfers) to 2 separate plates. I need to do another AGAR batch, also the Reishi and Blue Oyster are just about ready for some blocks. Always something to do with 2 tents and a Mini Greenhouse. Enjoy!

View media item 1810099
View media item 1810100
View media item 1810101
View media item 1810102
View media item 1810103
View media item 1810104

I've been playin' with the Martha for awhile(Let me know if I can Help), it's a challenge dialing in the FAE versus Humidity, but it's a fun hobby and the experience is ALL worth it. I've harvested a few King Oysters(waiting on others to finish) which are finnicky to grow(should of probably cased the block), but all for the sake of data, I can dial in yields when I get to that point. I'm addicted to Sawdust blocks right now, but I do have some Albino A+ MS going(will xfer to AGAR to play with) and I shot another TAZ jar up to see if will grow again. I also have been transferring some F+(3 transfers) to 2 separate plates. I need to do another AGAR batch, also the Reishi and Blue Oyster are just about ready for some blocks. Always something to do with 2 tents and a Mini Greenhouse. Enjoy!

View media item 1810099
View media item 1810100
View media item 1810101
View media item 1810102
View media item 1810103
View media item 1810104
Oh dang that chestnut block looks crazy cool nice job. I jus ordered a shiitake log to try out with the martha tent as well as blue oyster an lions mane so those hopefully will yield alil sumthn so i can atleast collect some spores an continue trying them out. But now for my martha tent should i have my sonic mister going 24/7 dumping humidity into the tent or should i put it on a timer? Also would i be fine if i jus opened some of the other vent holes for (FAE) or will i need another fan sucking in air 24/7 as well? Jus wondering how i shud set this up lol.

@Blazinjones look into building a floating raft for your mister out of foam insulation or something. That way it will always float just below water level no matter how full your tote is.

Oh hey thts a great idea i wud jus need to figure out a way to get it to stop jus below the surface level but yea gud one thanx for the ideas lol.

Back
Top Bottom