Purple OG Kush & Great White Shark - 2000 Watt - Soil - CO2

I never pressure anyone for pics. I believe ive only asked you and crower. I just mention pics if I havnt seen them for a while...or am excited the see the bud growth!

I am glad you defoliated your plants bayor! I saw the pics and was going to mention it until I saw you said you already did it but didnt take pics. lol

All the plants look great, and that runt is insane! lol Which plant is your favorite??

-Rek

D-Day + 63--Flowering +21

06142011_003.JPG

06142011_002.JPG

06142011_009_3_.JPG

06142011_005po_2_.JPG

06142011_2_.JPG

06142011_0042_2_.JPG

sure wish i knew how to rotate those crooked few before i posted them...or if a mod could rotate them this one time?

:Namaste:

well it looks as if we had a mis-hap at the nursery. we may have all purple og's...they have all showed purple zebra stripes in the stems. add that to they are all basically the same plant(except for the 2 i topped and the runt which i suppercropped twice)this far into flowering i have to just accept it. im okay with this, it sure explains a lot.

girls are looking great..budsites are fattening up and fingers crossed the train stays on track these last 3.5 weeks. :Namaste:

yesterday before watering i topped off the containers with the pro-mix soil to even em out. the roots were right below the surface and the light couldn't have helped. so now they all have a good few inches of fresh soil on top that got watered right afterwards.

week 7's watering looked like this for a 12 gallon resovoir--which i would reccomend to water 11-12 plants. a 5 gallon bucket needs around a gallon to fully soak the entire container and leave some runoff in the disc under the tray. i don't know why anyone would grow in anything less than a 5 gallon if they have the space...i'm thinking i could have went 7 gallon. but it sure does work out 1 gallon of water for a 5 gallon container.

36 tsp--Grow Big
18 tsp--Big Bloom
24 tsp--tiger bloom
2 tbsp--beastie bloomz
6 tsp--microbe brew
18 tsp--cal/mag(botanicare)
24 tsp--liquid karma(botanicare)
12 tsp-hydroplex(botanicare)
12 tsp--liquid molasses

temps staying mid 80's in day and mid 70's and night.
R/H staying at 40%-45%
also just put in a massive 6" carbon filter to replace the 4"...the 4" will be used to scrub the air instead of trying to take on the task of filtering everything. great decision...that would be my first suggestion to a new grower--make sure you spend the money on filtering your air for odor/mold before anything else. that reminds me, a list of mistakes thus far.

1. using distilled water--bad because tap water has "stuff" in it that the plants need, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, sulfur, etc.(we drink that shit?)
*this is cured by some cal/mag--everyone makes it and a cinch to follow

2. 1000w lamps need to be cooled. get that heat outta there, dont think an AC will take care of it. it could but why not hook up some ducting and get that heat outta there and use the AC to knock down the temps 5-10 degrees instead of 15-25?

3. dis-regard everything you've heard about how far 1000w lamps should be above your canopy. there are wayy too many variables to take into account so i suggest(if your lamps are cooled with a fan and ducting) put your lamps 2 feet above your canopy. if the tips do not turn brown in 2 hours then move the lamp down another 6 inches, wait another 2 hours and go from there. although anything less than 12 inches you gotta be risking coverage so play it cautiously at first but take it from me that 3 feet away to 2 feet away makes a very large difference.

4. if at all possible take your clones before flowering(duh). although a lot of people say you can revert them back it still takes time for them to adjust so why bother? take them in veg..maybe 2 or 3 days in flower but i'd say that's it.

5. Digital timers with battery backups. If the power goes out and comes back on an hour later the timer think its went out for 1 second so it continues along its regurgitating path of hitting ticks every 15 minutes without adjusting the time. you could imagine if you left for a few days and came back to realize the girls were on a 2 hour delay from the routine schedule. whatever the price, get timers with battery backups.

6. co2 tanks are a pain in the ass. to get a 30lb tank and a regulator ur looking at $250...why not spend another 150-250 and have a generator that never needs to be dragged to a far away place and filled every 2 weeks? co2 generator a must.

only 6 at this point..i wonder how many we'll have at the end of the smoke report(if it gets that far)?

crower--og's are generally small so juxtapose that with me having the lights too far for probably the entire grow and that'll give them the smaller size

keegan--thank you much..exciting times

budda--man its been a journey, one you've been along for the whole way. just a lil bit further to go. hang on tight.

rek--lookin forward to heading to ur journal after my updates..can't wait to see those monsters after a few weeks of pure sun

7th Week of Bloom

07012011.JPG

July 1st

07012011_002.JPG

July 1st

07042011_003.JPG

July 4th

07092011_002.JPG

July 9

Did a whole lot of trimming after the 9th and also have zip ties supporting almost every branch. I should have tied them up earlier because weight is getting packed on faster than the days before. Any questions??? Sure would suck to go through the journal and not really answer too many questions.

Fire away, no matter how dumb or complicated(dumb it down for me) I'm happy to assist. That's a main reason why I did this journal. If I could help only a few people harvest the medicine they need without the harrassment of anyone else I have done my job.

And don't worry, I dont be one of those lamers who don't post a final harvest report.

Before they get cut down I'll do a serious picture taking session and compare the best plant that was not topped and the two that were. Note: one was topped 18 days through veg and the other was topped 10 days before flip. the differences between the two are substantial, and great to see the different grow patterns. also, the runt whom i supercropped twice is out of control. so many branches and so little support so the buds are all flaky and will hopefully be quality enough to make other medicines. i think if i would have been in a lot of support for her earlier on she wouldn't be a ball of mess.
countdown to armageddon...lets go.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom