Purple Zebra x Columbian Red Point & Durban Bubble x CRP In Hempies LED & CFL 12-12 From Seed

I've got what appears to be light burn happening on a few of the leaves on the taller plants.
My indica pheno is also showing some problems, droopy leaves. I know my pH is good, it's in a Hempy so it's not over watered, and not under watered because I don't let that happen.
I'm going to raise my big cfl about 2" and go from there with the tall ones.
Tomorrow I will also be flushing all of the hempys with ph'd water and then feeding, just for the sake of doing it to make me feel better.
I've got a kritical kush seed soaking tonight, coco bound tomorrow. Ive sorta lost track of my projected first two harvests, but I figure 90-110 days seedling to harvest. Who knows????

Peace

Flushed hempys with pH 7 water this morning and fed pH 6 1 tsp maxibloom/gallon. The orange edge must have been a trick of light because it's just not there, lol, I'm an overprotective parent... Will stick kritical kush seed in this afternoon.
Decided I'm not going to invest in a new big light until I after I upgrade my room ventilation. Plan to get the heat in check and go from there.
My ladies are getting stinky and I love it.
Peace

Figured out for sure that it is my two mix cfl fixtures that are putting out the heat that is messing with me.
Also, while I love them for seedlings, they really are not that efficient for their job as a whole. They do function as side lighting for the bigger plants. Basically I have to get my room better exhausted/ventilated and then replace those with something more efficient...
I have been trying to post updated photos for quite a few days but neither of my devices can seem to get them uploaded to the site....... On my phone, chrome stops working altogether, on the tablet I start my upload and then it says that the webpage is temporarily unavailable or has permanently moved. Maybe my connection is just too slow. I have lots of pics on the way as soon as I get this figured out.
My buds are steadily stacking, obviously not swelling yet. I am hoping to not end up with a bunch of super long flowering Sativa's. Hoping the cross allows for a little bit better than 12 weeks. I only worry because everything is pretty much sativa dominant. Maybe 12/12 from seed controls that a little.
I have 6-7 weeks left of my projected 12 week turn around on the first five ladies. second run, 1 week younger, only yielded me one female. my seedlingsx2,are ?two weeks younger than that. And my kritical kush just got dropped yesterday. The kritical is bagseed, probably hermie genetics, but if I baby it and don't let it get too stressed, it may show me some love. I have to dig up my kushberry seeds and get them going a couple weeks before harvest of my eldest ladies.
It kills me that I can't upload. Nobody to show them off too....

Peace

I will continue on my venture to post pics with one of my two devices.... Until I figure it out I guess it will be just me writing a bunch of words that don't really seem to get looked at. Kind of a bummer because I really wanted input or something. Someone to tell me I'm effing my plants up. I know it would be a better journal with more pics, not sure why my devices are giving me a hard time.
I just spent an hour and a half trying to get these 3 day old pics up. But I will get my problems straightened out.

All of the ladies are still kicking and growing. I know that I need more light but I'm going to cut my 8-23w CFLs down to 2 and reattach dome reflectors for my seedlings, which will be topped for no other reason than I want too... Bored.
Chocolate chunk, and sleep.

Peace

Opened the tent this .morning and the smell was like,"SMACK" in my face. Most of my droopers are losing their droop. Buds are growing nicely. Losing lower fans here and there, which I can only attribute to the low nitrogen content in maxibloom as my stand alone feed.
I fed last night before lights out 1¼ tsp per gallon, pH'd at 6. Maybe these girls are just hungry. Lol. But I know having 184 less watts running sure keeps their temps and rh sitting much better. My footprints are very much focused on the ladies in flower and they appear to be thriving. I'm going to continue with heavy feeds until they tell me to knock it off or I get to flushing in 6-7 weeks.

Peace

Took the plants out of the tent to tuck some leaves. I got about 3 of them out and my wife walks in "honey, those are really starting to stink. Is the window open? Oh my god!" Walks over and slams the window shut.
I stepped outside and when I came back in the smell had permeated the whole apartment. Stinkiest crop I've had this early in flower.
Plants have been going for 39 days now. 12/12 from the start. Good stuff

Well, I have me some pregnant calyxes... On a couple plants. I only intended to pollinate 1 purple zebra, but I was a little messy with my q-tip. So I will have some, get ready for it (purple zebra x Columbian red point) x (chocolate Thai x Columbian red point) & (durbin bubble x Columbian red point) x (chocolate Thai x Columbian red point)....
So far these genetics seem to take well to the 12/12 from seed method.

Peace.

I thought to myself when I started this grow that since I'm doing 12/12 from seed in small hempys I shouldn't have to train my plants at all..... Now several weeks into flower I am questioning my decision.
Plants are all landrace sativa hybrids, screwed the pooch on that one..
One of the purple zebras is so freaking tall, like 32" with one main cola, my sock plant is growing like a wild sativa, same height but nodes spread out like crazy. One Durban bubble is about 4"shorter than that pz but is filling in its single cola like crazy, buds are stacking up, will probably be the first one to the finish line.

Point of my story, if you have landrace sativa hybrids indoors I highly recommend 12/22 from seed with LST/topping.
Kritical kush is spreading its leaves today, very happy. Topped both of my seedlings, late July into august and September should be some happy and smelly times around here.
If I don't get my stealth setup going by then, I will have to shutdown oct-jan. That will suck.......
Peacr

So... Everything is growing great. Little bit of nute burn on some upper leaf tips. I cut back my feeds today to 3/4 tsp per gallon. These things are so freaking sativa dominant.... My wife and I love sativa, but we use medicinally and indica is the medicine. I had to try these genetics out though, and I am glad I have them. Sativa's have so much more character than the indica's in flavor and effect. Its just the medicine part that it lacks (for us).

My sock plant looks like a red point in all of its characteristics.
Durban bubbles; one is more vigorous and flowering profusely, the other has a funky smell and is chugging along at sativa pace.
Purple zebras; thought one was pregnant and still pretty sure it is. All three are great and healthy, tall too.
Two unknown seedlings; one is kind of lousy and the other is very robust.
Kritical kush; two sets of leaves now, gave very very light feed today, seems to like it under her/his own 6500k cfl.

Thinking about culling my weak seedling and replacing it with a quantum hammer bagseed. I need to bring some indica into my genetics. I also have two Pink 2.0 bagseeds I could doink with, just need more light.... Cheapo blurple or two may be in my future, the big watt CFLs have gotten pricey.

Today there are many trichomes, yesterday hardly any. I figure I must be doing something right. Get my extra ventilation fan this week, next month I should be adding another light of some sort... The girls under the 250 watt 2100k cfl absolutely love it. I wish I had a vertical reflector for it.......
Also I have gotten myself a third Pink 2.0 bagseed. Just counting down the days till harvest, which is approximately I have no idea how far away..... Getting excited. Plants are the healthiest I've ever flowered.

Peace

Considering the reduction of my light cycle down to 11/13. Hemming and hawing about the effects this will have on my younger plants.
Negative: less light during "veg" so lower yield guaranteed. Unsure how my future indicas will do since I only have one grow area. Less time available to get into tent and inspect.
Positive: faster ripening of buds, particularly my heavy sativas. Closer to natural light cycle for my sativas. Saves a few pennies on electric bill. Young plants will likely show sex sooner.
If I decide to change the light cycle I will likely do it on day 60 so that my kritical kush has a little bit more light for his or her "veg" period. So I would knock off 30 minutes on day 60 11.5/12.5, and probably day 75 I would knock off another 30 minutes for 11/13. Hoping this will be gentle on the plants that are already in the tent and then I would start adding new seeds under 11/13 after my first batch is harvested... All theoretical of course. I get pretty skittish about doing anything extra to the ladies.
Only update is that my two seedlings have finally hit the reservoir and are eating well, even the weakling. I guess technically they are in veg. And kritical kush is plugging along.

My faster flowering Durban bubble x red point pheno with the single cola is looking amazing. Frosty and stinky and sticky.

If only I could upload, First crop I have ever been proud of...

I tried all grow long to not mess with any of my plants as far as stressing them. Today my plant in a sock was out of control, taller than I was comfortable with. I pinched the mainstem about 8" down and let her flop over... Ugh, I feel like a monster.

I do not understand why this plant continues to grow and flower beautifully. It has the worst life ever. Its in an old hospital sock, it is (was) 36" tall with great sativa branching. I feed it nothing but maxibloom runoff from my hempys that is rarely pH balanced when it comes out, yet shows no deficiency. Thinking of putting my dirty pollen envelope over a branch for a couple days.. Really if I'm going to do it it will be in the next hour and sixteen minutes.......
Done, time to feed anyway

Peace

The sock plant main stem is still leaned over 90°. The buds are growing vertical already. Removed dirty pollen envelope from branch today, see what does or doesn't happen in the next few days I imagine.
Hairs on single cola Durban cross are just starting to brown on a few tips. Buds beginning to swell.
Kritical kush it praying to the weed gods and is growing well.
Two "veg" plants are eating like crazy. hope that one will show balls around the time kritical shows sex so I can get me some hybrid vigor.

Peace

P.S. I borrowed my wife's phone

Very interesting grow style.... :thumb:

It's really just a semi perpetual 12/12 from seed. They just got really tall. I only have this little 10.6 square tent and those two bigger lights.
The sock was an experiment to see if smart pots may benefit me over the hempys, I have abused that plant with bad pH and attempted over/under watering since sprout, she doesn't miss a tick.

It's really just a semi perpetual 12/12 from seed. They just got really tall. I only have this little 10.6 square tent and those two bigger lights.
The sock was an experiment to see if smart pots may benefit me over the hempys, I have abused that plant with bad pH and attempted over/under watering since sprout, she doesn't miss a tick.
Still wild to see a plant grow that way, basically a stick of flowers......

Still wild to see a plant grow that way, basically a stick of flowers......
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with a combination of pot size, lack of training, and lighting schedule. I'm no weed scientist, though that would be a fine career. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom