Questions About Plant & Nug Contests

1) Do the nugs and plants presented have to be ones that the poster has grown themselves or can they just be any ol' nugs you happen to buy on the street or in a dispensary?

2) What are the time frames for submission and voting? It seems to me entries in the contests could be allowed from the 1st day of the month to the last day of the month, as to include the entire month, rather than a portion of it. The voting could be then be conducted during the 1st week of the following month. I'm confused as to how it's done now.

Thanks!!

Harry

The nugs don't have to be something you've grown--although those are always nice to see. The only requirement is that you can't nominate another member's nugs.

I think you are right about the nomination and voting schedule. It does make more sense to keep the nominations open all month. Beginning with the September contest, this is what we will do.

:yummy:

Thanks for the reply and consideration of the full month suggestion.

I guess I just don't see it being much of a "contest" if purchasing nugs is all that is required but I suppose that can be fun too.

I noticed in the rules that submitted plants do actually have to grown by the member, so that's good.

:peace:

Harry

The nugs don't have to be something you've grown--although those are always nice to see. The only requirement is that you can't nominate another member's nugs.

I think you are right about the nomination and voting schedule. It does make more sense to keep the nominations open all month. Beginning with the September contest, this is what we will do.

:yummy:
Boy I'd hate to live in the LA area and sell to a club or even give a bud to a neighbor who is also a member only to lose to a bud I grew. :cheesygrinsmiley: It would be extremely funny. It would suck, but I would have to laugh. Maybe I should start marking my buds from now on.:rofl:

I do agree, I am suprised that more on here have entered their own.. I also see the otherside though and it does seem a bit unfair with the choices you can get from a dispencery.. It's just for fun anyways, but still stings... :ganjamon::peace:

when we get at least ten growers each month posting nuggets they grew, we can always change it again or add another contest... but as is, 2 entries per month is lame for having 10,000 visitors a day... we need to get more activity in here, plain and simple...

by all means, if you grew it, say so in your contest entry, that will sway opinions and give you more of a chance of winning, i would imagine... everyone is different though...

thanks for your understanding, feedback and support!

I see what you're saying 420 but from my perspective, I'd be much less likely to enter a "contest" where my growing efforts are going against someone who simply purchased some nugs for a few bucks in a dispensary or on the street, As a grower, I really don't see any point in that and that's why I haven't bothered to participate. I'm sure there are others who may feel the same way.

Perhaps an additional contest that is only for the growers should be considered. You may see more participation that way.

Thanks!!

Harry

thanks for your feedback brother harry!

it seems we have one grower who wants to participate in grower only nug contest, all we need are nine more...;)

on the other hand, if we restrict it to growers only, what is to stop people from lying?

Well, nothing keeps people from lying, even now. They could just post pix they find on yahoo images. Who knows?

I was just a little confused over the rules. I think I understand them more clearly now.

Thanks!!

Harry

Okay, tomorrow is october 1st. What is the last day you will accept a nomination for plant of the month to enter it in the october contest? My plants are gonna need all the time they can get. lol

thanks for your feedback brother harry!

it seems we have one grower who wants to participate in grower only nug contest, all we need are nine more...;)

on the other hand, if we restrict it to growers only, what is to stop people from lying?

......maybe there will be another....

although me and my boy have both won NOTM.....and both were stuff that we spent alot of time on and were very proud of........... but we might try for plant this time. ;-)

so we prolly wont enter notm again because we both won and I dont know if we can win 2x..... but it's possible I will put my pics in there anyways lol.

i enjoy playing the nug of the month contest and this month im drooling over the one that be irie grew. i watched that black death grow up and cure. ill probably vote for him even though i entered in the contest, if i could grow again right now i would. i clearly state mine are not from my yard but donated from a grower i know. they are in my jar and go to my neck sooooooooo ill probably keep entering the contests. Anyways its fun to see nugs off all kinds in a nice photo. Who dosnt like a good photo of some dank weed.

Back
Top Bottom