R.P. OGK 18 Super-ScroG

Been talking to some old school growers in the area recently. I could be so lucky, seeing as not many people have a chance to really meet good locals..

Heres what I was told broken down, Dont go with the general rule on harvest when you see amber..

If you harvest at 30% amber trichs with 70% cloudy then you are losing out on the last week or two of swelling.. WHICH if left to go usually another 2 weeks you'll see SWOLLEN CALYXES throughtout, these calyxes will push the dark red hairs out and it will look almost as if the hairs have fallen off, by this time amber trichs have taken over the buds but are not degrading thc/cbd-n

Basically theyve found they get the Tastiest, Best smelling nugs from letting the plant go until you see atleast 60/40 amber to cloudy..

SOO I will be encorperating another week or so of flower because from what Ive gather they are right, my buds have continued swelling from the bottom up, some calyxes are the size of a pinky nail on the bottom and im noticing calyxes on top colas beginning to swell up nicely, allowing the red hairs to look as if they arent even there.

I understand if letting flower to long the buds can actually over-ripen. This is something to watch for but I was told by these guys that 90% of growers harvest to early. And if you were to only let sativa dom. kush go 11-14 weeks instead of 9-10 you will see substantially greater results in size and weight and truely feel the high and taste your plant has to offer..

A buddy hooked me up with a nice ornament for our xmas tree, featuring the greatful dead inspired teddy-bear. Beautiful piece, also picked up a very nice Oil Dish from him as well.

ogcharm.jpg

-610.jpg

Update day 78 flower, OG KUSH 18

og12-282.jpg

og12-284.jpg

og12-283.jpg

og12-281.jpg

Can Anyone Answer This QUESTION?
--With the pictures provided above, how long would you expect until my calyx's swell uniformly like this og kush pic provided below?
(I've noticed calyx major swelling, just not towards top colas..?)

(The picture below was found on GOOGLE, and is being used for instructional purposes, thank you to whoever grew that beauty!)
:bravo:
og-kush-63-day1.jpg

:bravo:
49553DSCF3616.JPG

(I WANT MY OG TO FINISH LIKE THESE ^)
-Minimal Red-Hairs (Check)
-Dominating Calyx to leaf ratio (Check)
-Coated mature couch-lock trichs (Check)

Current Facts on my OG 18..
(I noticed calyx swelling up towards the bottoms of the colas and lower branches, some of the larger calyx's are the size of a pinky nail while top of colas calyx's are still petite, pencil-tip shaped)

(Trichchromes are mostly milky/cloudy with underlying clear and few to no amber on actual calyxes.)

(Plant is in week 11 of flower, day 78, feeding molasses and ph'd RO for last 5 days.. dropped calmag and canna a+b)

(Large fan leaves dropping with minor withering towards outer edge on some, smaller leaves yellowing around edges throughout with touches of red/purple preceding inbetween leaf blades.. Showing signs of ripening)

Check out this.. FOUND this picture below online as-well... Really inspires me to make some awesome concentrate once I have some nugs dried up..

How tasty does this BHO look!?
Capture5.jpg

:adore:

Ive made oil before with a purge finish however it has never came out that clean...

Anyone have a superb write-up on purging so I can get slabs of bho like that?!
Im currently using ball mason jar with foodsaver to create vaccum while bho is still warm enough to run.
My bho rig is a glass on glass 10 gram baster style tube, with proper micro filter at end. Blowing with Vector 5+ Filter Gas

My first run oil usually looks about like what you have pictured. Indicas make darker oils and sativas make lighter oil is what I've experienced. Also if you use dried and cured buds to make it, don't grind up the bud(just take off stems) before your first run of butane. It makes the oil a lot better but you dont get as much.

good advice there, ever since I started putting straight nugs into my baster the quality of my oil went from semi-glassy and dark to glassy and tan..
I cant wait to taste some og 18 bho... yikessss im not sure ill survive:adore:

Damn Ghettygreen...that OG looks really freakin nice... !!! I see that your a kush lover as well.... I would suggest trying to find some University Hill's OG....I ran it last round, don't know the exact genetics of it, but it was one of the smoothest, tastiest OG's with a killer clear but heavy high...

For anyone that wants a good OG to run for scrog, I highly suggest the Holy Grail OG that I currently am running...i know its hard to get cuts... it grows bushy and shorter like a bubba kush.... and for skunkyness funk of OG..this one has it...even the clones reaked...lol..

Anyways...love to watch them OG's grow man...great job!!!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom