Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

Perhaps you could find some stainless steel mesh or screen.

The viscosity is somewhere between automotive motor oil and honey.

Coffee filters are too fine.
A metal screen won't really work because the mash needs to be squeezed which will bend he heck out of the screen unless I make a perfect screen insert shape.
Plastic window screen material might work, but it's plastic.

I like the ideas. :)

The cheesecloth worked about perfect, definitely close enough - I just used too much of it !

Since MagicMediwana has successfully used a t-shirt, I'll give that a try next time.
I should have talked this out, researched a little more. This was sort of a last minute project. :)

P.S. In the future, I'm not going to fiddle with oven drying more than a single batch - the leaves I dried on a screen in the flower room only took 2 days.

A search of fleabay for Stainless Steel Screen Mesh will give you many examples. In a ricer like Rado's you could cut to fit the bottom and sides.

Tinctures are fun! We used trim for ours. Not quite strong enough in a vape pen - to thin it out for vape pen we used a 1 to 1 ratio of glycerin to propylene glycol- but an eye dropper of it under the tongue is lovely! I use my crock pot and let it go for 24 hours, stirring occasionally. I'm glad you enjoyed the process! One more skill in your arsenal! Every wizard needs a potion!! +Reps for Radogast!! :woohoo:

Tinctures are fun! We used trim for ours. Not quite strong enough in a vape pen - to thin it out for vape pen we used a 1 to 1 ratio of glycerin to propylene glycol- but an eye dropper of it under the tongue is lovely! I use my crock pot and let it go for 24 hours, stirring occasionally. I'm glad you enjoyed the process! One more skill in your arsenal! Every wizard needs a potion!! +Reps for Radogast!! :woohoo:

We want lots of potions :) !
This was a test run for making cannabis tinctures, but also mugwort, catnip, uva ursi, and other backyard herbs :)

What would you suggest for a ratio of cannatrim to food grade vegetable glycerin ?

I don't know if you are much of a drinker, but cannabis infused cocktails can be fun to. Its a unique substance that adds a completely new layer to what you can turn into an edible. :drool:

I'm a (light) drinker in a family of cannabis smokers :)

I may drop a washed and toasted bud into rum at harvest time :)

Rad, good job dude! :) You are just a few days from a nice harvest. Its a pleasure to see.

I'm a (light) drinker in a family of cannabis smokers :)

I may drop a washed and toasted bud into rum at harvest time :)

What an interesting idea. Rum soaked baked buds. Mmmmm. Spiced rum soaked baked bud. Double Mmmmmm.

During the holiday season how about 'Eggnod' in place of Eggnog. In years past we called buds 'nuts' and the plant was a 'nut bush' so perhaps 'Nutnog'?
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Rad, good job dude! :) You are just a few days from a nice harvest. Its a pleasure to see.

August - I keep tellng the family August.
Trichomes are clear. MOST of my pistils on MOSTof the 8 week girls are white and firm.

One Girl, the fat lady Giselle looks like she will sing first as her original pistils are brown and crinkly with some new, white pistils and all clear trichomes.

3-13 days until harvest: Hawaiian Skunk 'Hani'

At 67 days in flower, Hani is showing lots of new trichomes in the last 2 days.
The Missus says she wants to go for a peppy sativa style high so we will do a fast dry sample of a bud tomorrow.

Step into my Flower Room and take a look

20150718_182904-1.jpg

I will wearing grow room glasses, but the camera is seeing things under HPS yellow lights

20150718_182648-1.jpg

HKS Hani (67 days flower). Some leaf damage, but it is only affecting fan leaves, not usable leaves and bud.

20150718_181640-1.jpg

Hani's top cola

20150718_181600-1.jpg

Trichomes down to the tips of sugar leaves

20150718_190641-1.jpg

Trichomes growing thicker and in waves

20150718_190659-2.jpg

Giselle: 60 days of flower

Breeder free seed Giselle is 67 days in 12/12 (now 11/13) but she waited a week to put out flowerettes, so I count her as 60 days.
Her flowers with burnt orange pistils are spawning new flowers with young white pistils. In the last 3-4 days she has finally started to sugar up with trichomes. I'd say she has 2-4 weeks to go before harvest, but I'll follow her lead.

Giselle

20150718_181902-1.jpg

A terminal bud on Giselle

20150718_181834-1.jpg

I'm not expecting a lot of trim from Giselle

20150718_191015-1.jpg

Closer to a new flower

20150718_191005-1.jpg

Notice the new flower above the old one

20150718_190947-1.jpg

Flash inage of new growth trichomes

20150718_190914-1.jpg

Even on the old buds, the trichomes look new and small

20150718_190803-1.jpg

AK47 'Gaby' is done with her stretch and stacking her flowers.

AK47 'Gaby' (23 days of flower)

20150718_181742-1.jpg

I raised the HPS 600W light to maximum

20150718_182551-1.jpg

Gaby has stopped stretching and started stacking

20150718_181733-2.jpg

Big Bertha (9 days flower). She was under 12/12 for 34 days but didn't show flower until I switched to 11/13

20150718_181801-2.jpg

Big Bertha has not stretched (yet?) but is growing lower buds

20150718_181816-1.jpg

I fed the worms: fresh cannabis leaves (refrigerated for a week), dried cannabis leaves(from maintenance and topping), powdered rock dust, and water.

I didn't feed the bottom tray, I want the worms to move up to a higher tray so I can use the bottom tray castings for top dress of the pots currently occupied by Hani and Giselle after they are replanted. I may reveg Hani after harvest instead of replanting her pot.

20150718_122542-1.jpg

I see by the picture the bottom tray is askew ---- fixed now :)

Things are getting so sparkly in here Rado! :) I love it. Yeah a few strange shaped buds but I'm sure they'll taste very good. Wow I'm gonna have to keep an eye on Gaby now. Thanks for all the lovely pics! You have a very steady hand. :Namaste:

Things are getting so sparkly in here Rado! :) I love it. Yeah a few strange shaped buds but I'm sure they'll taste very good. Wow I'm gonna have to keep an eye on Gaby now. Thanks for all the lovely pics! You have a very steady hand. :Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words.

This is the part of the grow where I am very, very grateful to know "Yep. That plant will make it to harvest and yield some nice bud."
It was a long time coming this time around.

Gabby's looking mighty fine there Rad. Beautiful structure and starting to fill out now. Keep going girl. :blushsmile: looking at your worms reminded me that tomorrow I need to water my soil totes. The LOS reserve now has a community of worms in it.

You're getting better and better at the trichomes pictures. Well done there. :high-five:

I'm so thrilled for you. You have a harvest looming soon. That Gizelle is trying to postpone it by growing more, isn't she?

:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom