Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

The one pheno out of this hybrid I really want to work with is the Cherry AK one. With the regular AK-47 it was really hard to find a cherry pheno. With this hybrid they show up a lot more. The cherry has smell early on which makes this a pheno to spot.

First of the Seedking Purps x Tahoe Og finished. Super tall and leafy buds so it is not a good pheno growth wise. It is so covered in trichomes I don't see strength being a issue. It started smelling like the Purps. Now it is a lot more dank smelling from the Tahoe. No pictures of it as I was on a roll trimming and didn't stop. The better phenos will photograph great.

I took a couple of seconds to snap a pic. I feel like I am running a nursing home and a day care at the same time LOL.
The clones and starts are doing fine. Almost ready to repot again lol.
The clones will be moving to the seed tent in a couple more days. The reversed clone is already forming male flowers. I just want to be sure that it is maturing when the ladies are just starting to bud. That will give all seeds if they form time to finish. 3 clones will be left as adult supervision for the starts.

The flower tent is slowly starting to thin out. 2 more plants will be trimmed today. Won't be long now and what is left of these one will be moved to the 48 x 48. So everything else can be repotted and placed in the 60 x 60 to finish veg. Most the color comes from the headband plants and not the Purps LMAO.

That flower tent looks jam packed full of some dank bud. Your Headbands are dark as hell if you wouldnt have told me different I wouldve figured they were your Purps lol. Your veg ladies are looking extremely healthy bro. Hope you get all your trimming done with mininal shoulder/back pain. Have a good day brother!!

Nothing better than getting to try some new smoke!! Basic99 sounds like it would be some amazing smoke. Something about trying a strain for the first time gets me all excited. Today will be my first taste test of the Alien Og she has my whole house smelling like lemon skunk.

I got now lemon to speak of this grow. The tangilope has a light citrus smell. Thats about it. I do know something smells nasty in there though. I have been try to figure out what went sour down stairs. Then I realized I started noticing it over the last couple weeks. Don't know which one or if it is a combination but its the tents doing it LOL. Stupid me.

Now that the starts are out of my normal drying place my drying is going much better. Right place and amount of plants are helping my drying time. With single plants and no humidity plants were drying way to fast. Great when you need weed to smoke but it sure does mess with the cure. Now I have humidity up to 43% which is good for where I am. Temps run between 65 and 70 degrees which is the best I can do. This will push my drying time to around 5 days. They were drying in 3 days before. I was wondering what was going on. I have never created a certain environment on purpose before. My setup was doing it on its own LOL. I was wondering what was going on.

Everything should be fine from here on out as there will always be a couple plants at least dry at the same time. Even if I have to harvest that way. No new plants to trim today. There are 4 drying now. By the time they are done a few will be ready to be taken together. I don't know how you folks in the high humidity areas dry your weed LOL. Rather have my problem I think. I have heard horror stories about it.

Trimmed the best Genius yesterday. Damn this plant smells good. Can't describe it sorry LOL. It is truely great smelling as opposed to DANK real great smelling. Picture don't do it justice. When my plants are flushed, finished, and ready to harvest they rarely look their best. Still I love this plant. This I can't wait to smoke. Here is Genius in all her glory.

That's just about identical to my dry area 60°-65°F and 35% - 40%rh and normally dry in 5-7days.
Holy shit bro that has got to be the sexiest bud ive ever seen! You had a hell of a run this winter. She has me drooling so hard had to put a bib on lol.
:drool::adore::drool::bravo:

That's just about identical to my dry area 60°-65°F and 35% - 40%rh and normally dry in 5-7days.
Holy shit bro that has got to be the sexiest bud ive ever seen! You had a hell of a run this winter. She has me drooling so hard had to put a bib on lol.
:drool::adore::drool::bravo:

I have to admit you may be right. This is probably the best lineup of genetics I have ever run so that has a lot to do with it. The Tangilope and the Purps hybrid are bringing trichome production to a whole new level. The Tangilope seems to have trichome coverage almost as good as the original Tangy. All the trichomes and none of the Tangy smell I am happy man.

Did you catch the cat? Camera was on the tripod and the timer was set. Cat was nowhere near the plant when I pushed the button. I couldn't have got a better picture if I had tried LOL.
That is a perfect pic with the cat lol. Having the cat in the pic really makes the main cola look massive. Unless its just a small kitty either way you did a bang up job bro thos buds look dense as fuk.

Did you catch the cat? Camera was on the tripod and the timer was set. Cat was nowhere near the plant when I pushed the button. I couldn't have got a better picture if I had tried LOL.

lol

temp.JPG

Honestly I missed the cat as I was focused on those close-ups... leave it to a cat to decide he/she wants their picture taken.

I like cats, but I am horribly allergic and have a thing about animals that go to the bathroom indoors. I thought getting the wife a Chihuahua would be pretty close... turns out cats are much smarter than Chihuahuas and even the wife says "never again" and it's her dog. Lol

We face short dry times here in the inland northwest too. The most humid place in the house is the grow tent. I end up hanging my trimmed branches in there for 3-5 days, then they get hung in the livingroom and smoked as needed. Small plants get smoked fast so nothing is truly bone dry until the last few buds are being plucked.

@Pennywise , does drying in the fridge stink up your house? I know beez and Sue do the low n slow as well, but I have to wonder how bad the smell travels. No room for a dorm fridge in the grow room so I would have to do it in the kitchen.

It will stink up the fridge but for me that’s a small price to pay! Lol
I dont mind a wafting every now and then, I just know how far my canna-oil manufacturing odor travels outside of my home (apartment), which is further than I like. Lol.

Day before yesterday I awoke to the smell of my tent, filter came undone. No wonder I slept so good that night, aromatherapy.

Back
Top Bottom