Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

They look great Jack! What a difference a couple of days makes sometimes. They have the plant filled out nicely. I was bs'-ing about skunk with a friend and we both think the true skunk might be gone. Seems to be bred into the abyss. I'm sure it's in the genetics of many strains. But old school skunk is just a memory it seems

It's time in the sun was timed badly. As great as it was you just couldn't grow it without they world knowing. Any Charcoal filters in those days were expensive if available at all. Now days with filters and legalization it would have thrived. It really did have it all at the time. Flavor high and production.

I almost got evicted and arrested for growing the Amsterdam Skunk #1. I got from SSSC. It was a sweet skunk but still very potent smelling. While the plants themselves didn't smell skunky. The area around them sure did. Strains for the next few years were bred for stealth and production. While the highs was incredible flavors were not as good.

Wow your veg tent filled right up bro, sounds to me like you had a pretty hood harvest. Can't complain about being brain dead and yet still having energy!! Thats the type of buzz im on the search for. I have a good knock me the F out strain BlueCollar of course lol. Now I just gotta find that day time that works for me and I'll be set. Congrats again on another successful harvest bro!!!
:high-five:

I have a few 9lb hammer's and couple 24k's seedlings above ground. Couple look off to a roughly start. I'm sure I will have a male or two of the hammer's. If so I'll try to collect it's pollen and back cross it and pollinate a 24k. You and few others here have me not so scared of dealing with the pollen. Maybe I'll come up with a decent cross or at least some extra hammers

I have a few 9lb hammer's and couple 24k's seedlings above ground. Couple look off to a roughly start. I'm sure I will have a male or two of the hammer's. If so I'll try to collect it's pollen and back cross it and pollinate a 24k. You and few others here have me not so scared of dealing with the pollen. Maybe I'll come up with a decent cross or at least some extra hammers
There is only one way to find out, you got this bro!!! Let us know how it turns out if you do get the opportunity to chuck some pollen around!!

I run a small flower tent as well 3x3x6ft I flower in 3gal pot so they dont get to big lol. What light are you getting from Timber? I have 2x Timber Grow light 1 is 200w cob cxb 3590's and the other is a 240w QB their both in the veg closet until I upgrade the flower tent. Amazing lights you will be happy!!!

Interesting..... Never know what growing will be like for me in the future. Many situations might get me looking at new lights. My next grow room should be my forever tent. It will be built to run 12 months of the years so heat might be a issue with 1000 watt HPS lights.

Today I will kill the Jacks Cleaner 2 male I worked so hard to regenerate and keep alive. While I did have a place to keep it a live. I don't have any place to flower it. It or any more males I might get from the Snow Dog 3.

The only places I have are in the same room or too close to flowering females. That is not a big deal. It spread it's seed far and wide. The fact that I was a little sloppy with the pollen I am getting a seed or 2 from most plants that were in the big tent. That means any plant I like will have a seed or 2. Everything is crossed with the same male. I only need a couple Cleaner hybrids that work. I have lots of chances now.

The only problem with this is I wanted to be able to zoom in on the JC 2 male to check resin production. In the end it doesn't matter. Even if it did, it wouldn't mean it will transfer it to a hybrid. What traits males pass on is a mystery tell you try it. Just because it looks great does not mean those traits transfer. I am basing everything on the mothers. The better the mothers are the higher I will rate each strain. Here are a few interesting hybrids I didn't plan.

Menthol Purps x JC 2
Strawberry purps x JC 2

All the Purps hybrid put out a seed or 2. I never planned to hybridize any of them. I guess I have now LMAO. The intensity of this strain is amazing. The high don't last long but it gets you high hard and fast then slowly drifts away. These traits could be very interesting crossed with the JC 2. The Menthol pheno is really fluffy but it has everything else. Normally I would want a better plant for a mother. 2 of the other plants will make much better mothers.

Going to be a interesting next couple years

Here are a few pics of the 2 confirmed GI.Jane fems. They threw me off my game a bit when the 2 taller ones I figured were gonna be male popped pistils lol. Their all killing it so green fast growing and smelling a bit skunky!!!
GI.Jane#1:
20190127_155512.jpg

GI.Jane#2:
20190127_155524.jpg

Group shot:
20190127_155648.jpg

Thought I might share something. For being untested at the time I came into possession of these, they are impressive... thinking of growing me some bigger ones soon. Smell like grape soda, a little black pepper, and fresh forest floor. Have not tasted it yet, but I expect nothing short of delicious.

Thought I might share something. For being untested at the time I came into possession of these, they are impressive... thinking of growing me some bigger ones soon. Smell like grape soda, a little black pepper, and fresh forest floor. Have not tasted it yet, but I expect nothing short of delicious.

Beautiful bro!!! I love growing these untested strains, never know what your gonna get!!

Back
Top Bottom