Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

Now that I am home it's back to the old grind. Good news on the regular strain front. 2 of the 3 Snowdawgs are female. Nothing from the third plant yet. I hoped for 2 out of 3 so even if it is a male I'm good. After I get through pollinating the feminized seed tent I may have to move a plant into the 400 watt tent. Things are getting pretty full in the 60 x 60 tent. If the last Snowdawg is female I won't have room.

Pretty sure I will move a clone to the 400 watt tent. They bud better and should do better with less light than the plants from seed.

Speaking of the feminized tent. It looks like things are going on. Looks like hairs are starting to wither like they do when they get pollen. Not near as easy to tell as with regular pollen. As much as I want hundreds of seeds from a feminized project. I really don't need that many. Anything there is more than I have. Looks like the single branch project got me around 30 seeds each that is more than enough. The plan is still to self my favorite females from my hybrids. If it is worth a shit I will be able to find one with 30 seeds.

I bet that was a blast to reel in especially on 10lb line. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can spend the day with my boys smoking bud and tossing lines!!!
Nice chunky fish by the way, nothing like catching 2 big boys back to back!!

I love that size for eating. You get big chunks for deep fry. Something you don't normally get from trout. I am not big on eating fish but deep fried lake trout is excellent. I thought only catfish was good for deep fry LMAO. That and a bunch of canned fish for me. Today will be my first try at canning fish. I have been supplied the last 10 years from a friend I fish with. Time to start supplying my own. Simple easy and you never have to by tuna again.

What is realy funny. Yesterday was the only time I have ever bought regular mouth canning jars. It has been wide mouth or nothing for years.

Im not huge on fish either but love me some deep fried lake trout and salmon if its cooked right. I haven't had canned fish since I was a little kid, my grandma canned everything I swear lol.
Let me know how the canning goes, who knows I may try some canning in the furure.

My wife cans everything. If you saw our cupoards you'd think we're stocking up for an apocalypse :)

Ah, memories... I smoke the Lake Superior laketrout before canning in pint jars, eat a whole jar in minutes. I had an Indian fisherman friend who would sell me flopping fresh lakers for $1.50/lb. I would sit in the back of my boat at the marina and watch for him to come in. He died 2yrs ago so I have to catch what I can on my own now or go out with friends, but am no longer resident in the marina and am downsized to a 16' boat on my retirement budget. :confused:
carveruh.jpg
c
bggfish.jpg
boat.jpg

Back home (Wisconsin) I loved me some river fishing. Plenty of sucker fish/carp to catch and release when the Walleye and Northern weren't biting. Pan fish in all of the ponds and lakes for the perfect fried fish sandwiches. If there was ever nothing constructive do back then, a guy could always count on going fishing.

Not much for smoked or canned fish. Just really love fishing itself... I currently find myself landlocked with the closest places to fish contaminated with chemicals, red algae, and Trash. I haven't put a line in the water for over five years now, haven't hunted in probably 10. City life is a bummer.

Ah, memories... I smoke the Lake Superior laketrout before canning in pint jars, eat a whole jar in minutes. I had an Indian fisherman friend who would sell me flopping fresh lakers for $1.50/lb. I would sit in the back of my boat at the marina and watch for him to come in. He died 2yrs ago so I have to catch what I can on my own now or go out with friends, but am no longer resident in the marina and am downsized to a 16' boat on my retirement budget. :confused:
carveruh.jpg
c
bggfish.jpg
boat.jpg
Nice boat and nice fish. My 16' boat looks nothing like that LOL. Great lakes is one of my need to see fishing spots. So many different fish to catch it would take a week to experience even half of it.

Nice boat and nice fish. My 16' boat looks nothing like that LOL. Great lakes is one of my need to see fishing spots. So many different fish to catch it would take a week to experience even half of it.
Well if Great Lake fishing is what you want come on up!!

That's the 25' Carver I had in the Marina.... I bought my 16' Sylvan with the cash I got from the 4-stroke 10hp kicker I had on it. I've got a bimini top for the Silvan, folded down in the pic. Wife is all happy as she got a few walleye that day.
boat1.jpg

Now that harvest #1 is over I catch myself staring at a wall of weed. LMAO well not really a wall but lots. I just stand there wondering what to try next. Most of it does pretty much the same thing which doesn't help at all LOL. Still I have choices again. That makes me smile. One thing about head high weed. There are lots of parts of the head to affect. I have strains now that tend to hit at the top of the head while others hit you more in the lower part. Those are the intresting ones. One puts a dumb stupid look on your face like a indica. Problem is you have all the energy in the world while you are that way LMAO.

I have wanted to see tons of seeds out of my seed projects. Now that I have the Chocoloco clone finished and dried. I get to see how many feminized seeds I am going to get from it. I know for sure that there are not lots of seeds. I got that from its sisters that were pollinated in other ways. Both of them produced a 1000 or so seeds.

The clone pollinated with the reversed Critical is not going to have near that many seeds. You can tell by looking. Thing is there are seeds in there. I have found 5 or 6 so far and have only broke up a few buds. I don't make seeds for sale so it doesn't matter how many there are. How many do I really need anyway? There is 2 ounces of good weed with a few seeds in it. All seeds can be kept and grown. It is really hard to call this a FAIL.

One thing to note. The flavor is different than the first time I harvested it. Older plant that was grown totally different so that is no surprise. What I found flavor wise is the interesting part. I still don't see Chocolate. What I did find is that it has the same aftertaste as the Tangilope. Which is supposed to have chocolate flavor. Whatever terpenes control the chocolate flavor are here I think. Maybe it is just me. Best way I can describe the flavor would be "creamy". They sell 2 types of vap oil for the nicotine crowd. Sweet and Creamy I know I don't like the creamy ones. The after taste of these 2 strains has that same creaminess.

Also very happy to have found Purps in my Purps hybrid. I grew this cross for its middle of the road genetics. I was hoping the high would be the same. All but one was sativa dominant. The last plant is very much purps with added strength from the Tahoe. Almost as good as the PB but lots less couch potato. It has the same flavor and smell as the first plant. It had great flavor great high but was really fluffy and showed no indica at all. This one has hard buds and lots better plant structure. The buzz is very relaxing the one thing about the Purps I have grown to love. Lots of really neat stuff in this hybrid. Not worth growing day to day like it is but there are phenos that would be great selfed. Future projects for this one for sure.

That's the 25' Carver I had in the Marina.... I bought my 16' Sylvan with the cash I got from the 4-stroke 10hp kicker I had on it. I've got a bimini top for the Silvan, folded down in the pic. Wife is all happy as she got a few walleye that day.
boat1.jpg
Now thats like my boat lol. Mine is a 16' Lund. Cashed out my 401 k plan when I found out I could work anymore. I'm dead if I can't fish. Had to drive 6 hours to even get it. Not a whole lots of boats being sold around here lol. If the walleye were the size I see being caught from there I am sure she is very happy.

A wall of bud would be an amazing sight lol. Sounds to me like you should be able to find plenty of amazing phenotypes in all of your new hybrids!!
I showed the old man a few pics of your Genius and your Basic99, he couldn't believe how dense and frosty they are. He had me go to the store to get him his very first cell phone so he could check out some of the genetics available. He was so suprised at how many different seedbanks and strains there are today. He says there are to many for him to choose a couple, so he is trying to leave it up to me lol. All because of how beautiful your girls turned out. Thanks Jackalope jk lol.

I'm sorry Ganjagrowergu. City life does suck. I haven't been able to do cities since Denver in the 1990's. They just close you in too much. I can drive too lots of fishing spots in the time it takes lots of people to even get out of the cities they live in.
We are looking to move. Problem is that we have rugrats and so because of the way of the world we must live in a legal state, but there still arent enough gun friendly states with legal cannabis...

Washington State's new "semiautomatic assault weapon" law comes into effect July 1st. Also we still dont have legal home grows of any size. This state loves its 37% cannabis sales tax and invading privacy.

Maybe one day we will figure stuff out. It kills me that my daughter is 4 years old and has never been fishing and my son is almost two. I grew up fishing the river from age 4 with my dad, fishing alone after school daily by the time I turned 8...

We are looking to move. Problem is that we have rugrats and so because of the way of the world we must live in a legal state, but there still arent enough gun friendly states with legal cannabis...

Washington State's new "semiautomatic assault weapon" law comes into effect July 1st. Also we still dont have legal home grows of any size. This state loves its 37% cannabis sales tax and invading privacy.

Maybe one day we will figure stuff out. It kills me that my daughter is 4 years old and has never been fishing and my son is almost two. I grew up fishing the river from age 4 with my dad, fishing alone after school daily by the time I turned 8...
You should check out Michigan our laws are pretty realxed. The fishing and hunting are out of this world good!!

You should check out Michigan our laws are pretty realxed. The fishing and hunting are out of this world good!!

My aunt and uncle lived up in Ishpeming for many years. Hunting, fishing, and prospecting for copper were just what they did. Unfortunately I am not allowed to return to any states that border Wisconsin... That's a long story best left alone though. Modern day legal banishment...

boat1.jpg
Here's a look at my life blood. This is the day I brought it home. Almost the happiest day of my life LOL.

My problems are not near as bad on that front with it being only me. South Dakota or Montana is where I would go if I had too. So many variables. Lots of work in the Dakotas none of which you can smoke weed at LMAO. No perfect choices, gun laws and other things have to be considered.

Back
Top Bottom