Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

Good morning Jack. I'm sure the genetics will shine through. All had great potential in there background. I have a question for you about DNA lemon skunk. Are you familiar with that one. I've got some regs from a friend thinking about running them next time

The only thing I know about Lemon Skunk is I want one LOL. My mentor went on a long hard search to find it for breeding. This was before DNA released thiers. Not sure if it is the same one or not. With DNA's handle on it the chances are better it will be good then not. I just don't know how it is as a stand alone strain.
All the other Skunk strains and hybrids are great social weed so I would expect it to fun to smoke at least.

Smoking is my plan of the day for a while now.

At one time I was sure weed didn't get stronger by curing. While the THC may not increase I am finding there are changes. As they cure flavor gets better. This means the terpenes are more prevalent and may mean that they have a increase in effects.
Everything has been tried at least once. I know which ones are going to have great flavor already. While curing helps it can't improve something that is not there. That is not saying that the weed I have that doesn't have great flavor isn't still good. Very little mediocre weed in this harvest.
Here in a few weeks everything will have its place. Flavorful plants will all get a long cure. Others will fill my immediate needs. What I am starting to find so far is that some strains are more middle of the road stuff than I thought. Another thing of interest. It kind of messes with my multi strain thing. The more of the Seedking Purps x Tahoe Og you smoke the more body that shows up. You don't get the chance to see it when it is followed by a different strain. Weird huh. Pretty sure I can find this same thing in other strains. If I could ever smoke the same weed twice in a row LMAO.

Now that things have slowed some I am thinking it might be time to break out the playstation and the fishing games. I might just be able to be a gamer with all this heady weed. What is the real interesting part. Most of these strains I have it only takes a hit or 2 to bump back up. No need to take a break just to smoke LMAO.

Only video games I have ever been able to master have been fishing games. It is the only reason I own a playstation 3 lol

We got the warm up as well thank god, its actually 35°f and raining. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 50° and rain. Its crazy how fast the weather has changed this year.
My kids have a fishing game on their wii, I love it. You have a rod and reel, the cool part is when you get a bite the rod shakes, but when you get one on the rod bends in half like your actually fishing.
Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Look around and see which way they normally go with that Lemon Skunk. It may give you a insight on what you may want to do. If it is a true Skunk they may be using it for plant structure as long as smell. You may find that you want to do the complete opposite of what everyone else is doing. Definitely worth looking into.

As much as I love my store bought genetics you are right. Why continue spending money on them forever. For years I hated the risk of ordering seeds. Now it is easier than ever.

Never thought quality would be the reason I quit ordering seeds. That was the reason I started ordering them LOL.

Speaking of seeds. That is as good a place to start as any. I have a couple of picture updates. As you can tell the reversed plant is putting out plenty of male flowers. Not seeing the clouds of pollen I have heard about from a reversed clone. Still it is flowering.
It is pretty much surrounded by females. The fan spreads pollen throughout the light cycle plus I give her a good shake once a day. From my last projects. My guess is it is producing viable pollen. Just not very much of it. Projects like this should produce enough seeds for me. I would like to be able to get them to produce seeds like regular strains though. I should get hundreds of seeds from these clones we shall see LOL.
It has been a while since I showed anything about the feminized seed project. It thought it needed a update.

That brings us to the main tents. Everything is looking really good so far. Plants are spreading out nicely. Lots of tops in the canopy so far. I just need to keep them that way through stretch.

It just goes to show you about plant vigor. Almost all the plants from seed have caught up to the clones. They are doing it while being bent and twisted along the way. If not for that they would be twice as tall.

How that plant can put out so many flowers with no visible of pollen is beyond me. There has been times I thought I saw a puff of pollen when I moved the plant. Not enough to be sure it isn't my imagination LOL. You would expect a 1000 or more seeds from this. What I get will be lots less than that is my guess.

Let's get back to Random. LMAO like I can control the shit that comes out of my mind.

Thought for the day yesterday was fishing. The first time I have felt good enough to go after big fish. I do have to admit 4 minutes for the first fish was a little long to have to wait. Can you believe they didn't even give me a small fish to practice on. Right off the bat I was expected to work. Takes a while to slow these big boys down with 10lb test. So I was hands on right away. Most big fish in the lake run 10 to 20 lbs. I knew early on this fish was in that range. I even had to try and get it out of the hole in the dark with my head lamp pointed the wrong way LOL. They couldn't even wait a few minutes tell the sun came up before they expected me to work.

I mention the headlamp pointing in the wrong direction. Twist on headlamps may not be the right choice when you have your hands full with a 30" fish on a 36" fishing rod. Reel Twist reel twist, should I go on LMAO. After I finally got it turned on it was on the side of my head. I have a gaff but after missing the first time I gave up on it. One thing you don't want to do is miss when gaffing. Usually you end of with the lure or the line and no fish when you do. After the miss the fish decided to swim a little more before it made the mistake of heading its nose up the hole. Stuck my arm in and grabbed it LOL. What's a little cold water on a 12 degree day LMAO. Only got bite twice.

If that wasn't bad enough I had to do it all again in another half hour.... Well not everything. The sun had come up so things were a lot easier by then. Still my day was done by 8 am. Last fish choked it and couldn't be released. Another fish that long that I couldn't release would have put me over the limit. All the fish in this lake are big. You rarely catch a fish under the limit. Ended up it took me 3 times longer to drive there than it did to catch my limit LMAO.

I can only imagine how many I could have caught if I could have stayed 2 more hours. They were on the feed hard. First time I have ever caught 2 double digit fish in less than a hour. Ended up with a 12 and a 16 lber.
View media item 1651331

While growing is one of my favorite things to do now. Fishing has been on my list favorites list my whole life. So yesterday was something I was really needed.

Back
Top Bottom