Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

Congrats on the new lights you won’t be disappointed that’s for sure!! I use a Timber qb for veg and a Timber cxb3590 cob in my flower tent next to my CLW SS440. No complaints with either light, but have noticed my girls like it a lil warmer with the cobs. When I run my flower tent 75-76f they start looking cal/mag deficient, but at 80-82f they look absolutely perfect!!
Can’t wait to see how your ladies take to the new sun you got them!!!!

I snapped a few pics of some Tangiloe nugs so you could check her out. She just recently started throwing some beautiful dark purple fans and smelling just like the old mans TahoeOG but with a subtle sweet Tangie hint.
CD5E0502-7931-4B83-AEEA-AD5BD7B56094.jpeg
00C6C32F-1154-4933-BA11-9B9D763FFACB.jpeg

Very nice. "Hey people I bred that shit" LMAO. Skinnier little leaves then I expected. Buds are looking just like the mother which was expected. Frost is looking good so far. From the looks of the hairs there is still plenty of time to pack on even more. I do believe that the Tahoe was a late starter when it came to flowering after that it finishes up fairly fast. I am hoping you get plenty of time for her to fully finish.

I wish I could better tell you when it will finish. With pheno's and strains finishing at different times I don't pay a lot of attention to how long it takes plants to finish. Pretty much it is done when it is finished lol. Info like this might have come in handy for a outdoor crop LMAO. Now I know why some strain descriptions are a little sketchy. People just making shit up so they don't look stupid LMAO. It is defiantly something I need to start keeping better track of.

Not much going on in the tent. I can tell the temp is fine from where I am now sitting. Everything is well watered. I may not even look at them today. I know it sounds crazy. Still fun. At the rate everything is going right now there are lots of changes from day to day. Sometimes it is fun to wait so you can be surprised when you do look. I noticed this a long time ago after always being gone for a day or 2 here and there. Now I create those times when I can.

Everything and I mean everything is responding to bending really well.Everything but the Orange Hill Special. They are the plants screaming for Cal/Mag. I thought it was a mix of plants. Ended up a few showed little signs. O.H.S. is showing it bad. I have treated them all so I hope things turn around soon.

Chocolate Critical. "I still have not figured out a better name as of yet". I hate the chocolate part as it is to descriptive. No way they are all going to smell/taste like that. I am hoping when I get a chance to smoke it the weed will show me the way. With that said The C.C. plants are kicking ass. They have caught up to the rest of the grow size wise. Bushing out just like Chocoloco did which is no surprise. So the fact that they are great looking plants has nothing to do with what I did. I think in ways this hybrid is going to teach me more than any other hybrid I have grown or made. As I write this I realized I have some of both parents in bud form. I plan to save some of each to compare to the hybrid. This strain was not made because I thought it would be the strongest. It was made to be great smoking weed.

They say on paper that a male plant introduces traits to a hybrid. The plant I used for a male had incredible flavor and lots of frost. If these two things blend with what Chocoloco already has it should be incredible. Thing is. I have been around long enough to know. Just because it looks good on paper doesn't mean it will in real life. It is not that I am worried it won't be great. I am worried that I took 2 strains I really liked bred them together and ended up with something mediocre. That is where this strain is going to teach me.

My new tent is here and put together. It is just so damn cute. Its like my 60" x 60" tent has a pet now. As much as these tents cost they are still amazingly simple. I am not sure if I will get another 48 x 24 x 60 or one a bit smaller for a selfing chamber. 36 x 24 x 60 would fit where I want it a lot better. Need to do some more looking. I will probably buy and not build it. Weight is a major issue for me. The one I could make would weight 4 or 5 times the weight of a small tent. When you add the simplicity it makes buying a smarter option.

My bigger is better days are over LOL. I could make what I have on hand work. Doing this would severely limit my room to move. Better to just design shit for the room that I have. Everything will be easier that way. Only problem is I now have 2 full grow set ups sitting in the moth ball fleet. One I will need to keep as back up. The other who knows.

My new light should show up next week. I might try and move the regular strains over to the small tent to sex them. Doing this would also let me look at any males early enough to use if I decide too. Or I could do clones. I think I would have time to root some clones before I need to start new seeds. As bushy as everything is I won't have problems finding branches to clone.

No more Orange Hill Special seeds so I would like to do something with them. I do know if I don't do anything. I am going to love O.H.S. Which clones to take is the biggie. Blueberry Headband and O.H.S. would be for sure. Other than that I think a cross with Tangiloe would help keep any citrus smells and or flavors. I am going to need to get another tub for clones. 6 is not going to be enough. Not only do I need clones I need time to look at them first. At least I think. A lot matters how many female O.H.S. I get. If there is only one then I will self it. Only one Blueberry Headband so that is a easy choice to go with it for a hybrid. Just doing both of those would give me. S-1 Orange Hill Special and a hybrid of Blueberry Headband x Orange Hill Special.

Think is all this can be done with a male. Seeds wouldn't be feminized but it would simplify things. If I use a male then I could do a branch on several plants/strains and keep the ones from the plants I like best. On the bright side I will have to decide soon as time is running out lol.

Yep all out. It took a whole 10 pack to get 3 plants LMAO. All of which are questionable as of right now. 2 have Cal/Mag problems real bad. They have all be treated so now we see if they can pull through. The one good plant had light cal/mag problems and is a beautiful plant. Hoping it is a female if not I am going to have to grow it out and get some pollen from it. I have some Super Lemon Haze I can run if I end up with pollen.

That is one good thing about using soil with nutrients. I know everything is in there right now. If any problems arise. There is only 3 things it can be. Too much nuit's, which they end up growing out of. Nuit's are locked out for some reason, which very seldom happens at this stage. Or Cal/Mag deficiencies of some kind, which is easy to fix.

Pretty sure the tent I am going to get is going to be a. 32" x 20" x 60" I saw one in a similar size. It has to fit in a certain spot. 4' is too long and 24" is too deep. This is mainly going to be used for making feminized seeds. I am liking the smaller tents lots more than I thought I would.

As you can see. Floor space is gone lol. Everything is spreading out nicely. Liberty Haze are still the monster in the closet LMAO. Everything is now on their schedule. I have lots of room in the back row that will keep these plants out of the light. Still I will need to go to flower when they are ready. With the branching I have right now all the others will do fine. They won't have the height of the L.H. but should make up for it with lots of branches.

Looking at the picture. It is not much of a reach to tell why I like super cropping and bending. Nothing in that tent has been topped. Those who follow me may realize this. New comers wouldn't.

1 Liberty Haze is just going nuts. Already twice the size of all the others. I think since I have the new tent handy I might try and move this one to a dark tent for a couple hours a day for a week or so before I drop everything else to flower. This will keep me at the house for that time but it still might be worth it. I have plenty of branches on everything else. I just want them to get a little taller and a little older. I am not sure about the older part. You can flower damn near anything with light. I feel that age has a lot to do with production. Not just because they get bigger, mostly because the root ball will get bigger to support the upper part.

Ok it may not matter LMAO. It matters in my mind so that part is important part LOL.

All else is going OK. The not giving everything Cal/Mag at re-potting trick failed. Lots of stuff has shown signs of one thing or the other. I have treated almost everything so far. Everything would have been better if I did it 2 weeks ago. There was far less damage when I gave it to them all. Like I mentioned soil with nutrients has its advantages. The leaf damage I am seeing is caused by lots of different things. With so many things in the Lilly Miller B-1 plant starter. It covers everything pretty well. Lots of times it will be iron or something other than the calcium or magnesium that they want. I know they have food so it limits the things that could be wrong.

I am finding a couple plants that don't like early food. So far, in the past. All plants before have made it through the over fertilization part and did fine. I am hoping Tangiloe will too. T-2 with similar genetics is doing better but is one of the plants that needed Cal/Mag. The only plants that are so sick they will barely grow are the Orange Hill Specials. It looks like they are getting better. Fingers are crossed. The last 2 plants I started might just save me. Even if the 2 bad O.H.S. die I will still have enough plants to fill the tent. All the more reason to do something with a male if I get one. I am not ready to give up on Orange genetics.

I might be saving pollen this run. I am going to do the rice thing this time to be sure no moisture gets into it. I had pollen fail last time. I am sure it was my fault. It would be really cool to be able to keep some pollen around so I don't have to time all my grows together for hybrids I want to try. I am sure it can be done just not positive I can do it LMAO.

I love driving. I do a lot of thinking when I drive. Growing is usually what I think about. I found a new name for the Chocoloco x Critical hybrid. Chocolate Critical just wasn't doing it for me. I hate names that are descriptive when it is something a vague as chocolate flavor in weed. Even when I use my old stand by and just use a portion of the name it is still descriptive. Lots funnier though so I am going to go with it.

The new name is "Choccrit" LMAO.

Good news and bad news on the Orange Hill Special front. I have a female! The fact I know it is a female when I am this early on could be the bad news. I am still at 18 hrs of light and these plants are still fairly young. Not only did it show a hair. The pistil that showed up is one of those funky multi haired versions.

Some of the Peyote Critical have shown sex so I am not to discouraged yet. Still with this plant showing signs of budding already it might have auto flower genetics in there. I wouldn't expect it from Mexican genetics. (Though I have heard of a Mexican ruderalis) If so I will have to do something different with it. If not then this is a great candidate for saving. I like strains that show sex early.

Seems to be a handy thing that I am going to be totally set up. At least if something happens I have options now. I started wondering about this when the Peyote Critical showed sex so early. Some strains do and it is a great thing. I have some Jack Herer seeds from Greenhouse that had a auto flower in the crowd. I grew it with all the other plants on 12/12 and it didn't produce shit. Those of you that follow me might remember it from 2 years ago. I know I bitched LMAO.

And then the floor was gone! Still have a few sickly looking plants but everything is growing taller. That is a good sign. As a matter of fact I may need to make room soon. There should be a male or 2 in there so we will see what goes up for adoption if any. If I could I would just trash the sickly ones and move on. Problem is all the sickly ones are the plants I really want to look at. Of course the one O.H.S. that is showing sex is one of the sickly ones lol. I am positive cal/mag will fix their problems. Just how fast and how big of a pop production will take. If its a auto it won't do well because of this slow 2 weeks of growth.

In ways I kind of hope it is a auto. It would be a interesting project to see how it will flower under the single COB LED I got from Timber. Almost $200 for a light that is cute is a bit much to spend. That is a big reason why I bought it LMAO. Yeah there is lots of use for a light like it. I do have big plans for it. The REAL reason! It that it was just to cute to pass up. Sure hope it grows pot LOL.

Silly me! The Orange Hill Special is not showing sex early. Everything is show sex LMAO. Seems way early to me for some reason. I spent a little time looking close at everything. I am finding hairs on most everything. It seems it is not to early but no big deal.

Here is what I found. Looks like the one Tangiloe is a female, she has such tiny hairs at first. The T2 looks to be a male. The best O.H.S. looks to be a male not sure about the third yet. The males are not showing sacks at all. There is just something there that doesn't have a hair growing out of it. I could be wrong.

Still there are enough plants. Not enough sativa that's for sure. I was hoping for 2 or 3 Tangilope females. Plenty of hybrid type stuff so I will be able to muddle through lol.

New developments on the next grow. Even though I don't plan on a big breeding project this time. I am still going to run Purple Betty. I have plenty and I love that strain. So no new regular's of my making. Because of that I will run at least 1 of the feminized strains. Twiller will get the nod for sure.

Now back to modern times lol. With just the one female Orange Hill Special. Looks like I know which one I am going to try and self LMAO. When the new LED lights show up I will take some clones. O.H.S. Blueberry Headband and what? Maybe just those 2. I know nothing about any plants yet so this is another, make seeds then decide what to do with them project LMAO. With 2 pick of the litter pheno's O.H.S. x Blueberry Headband would be a great strain. If O.H.S. is as orange as they say that is. I have never had a bad flavored Blueberry Headband so I know they will contribute a strong terpene profile. From the sound of O.H.S. it should have a strong terpene profile too. Doing it the way I am doing, no telling what will happen. I will have a better idea when I get to smoke them. Till then all I have to go on is plant profile. The Bubblicious are beautiful bushy plants. Thinking of adding it to the mix. If I am going to guess Bubblicious is as good of a option right now as anything else........ As I am writing this I realized that Tangiloe is the best option. I don't know how good it is but I do know it has citrus genetics. How much of that will show up in Tangiloe I don't know yet but they are there.

Since the best O.H.S. is probably going to be male. I am going to grow it out to the point that I get pollen. Hopefully I will get seeds from the selfing project. If not it would be nice to have a back up plan. I don't see it putting out pollen soon enough to pollinate anything this run. Next run I can have something for it. I originally planned on crossing it with Super Lemon Haze for the citrus terps. Since I am now running Purple Betty maybe it also.

Since this post is becoming a Mini Series I will stop writing and shut up LOL. Have a good day all.

Well I broke down and spent 400 on a cell phone booster. It seems to be working great so far. I don't know that I gained enough speed to post pictures yet or not. Internet is faster that is for sure. I am going to have to break out the camera soon.

Finding hairs on most the Choccrit LOL. I love that name! That is a good thing for 2 reasons. The main one is that they are supposed to be female. This was bred as a feminized strain. Male plants have popped up in some of in one of my feminized strains. This was because of the male JC 2 I had at the same time. Pollen must have taken a ride on the reversed plants I was working with. Last time I try 2 projects at once lol.

The other reason is obvious. Its a female LMAO. I really can't wait to smoke this stuff.

I am still on the fence about the Orange Hill Special female. It still looks more like it is trying to make buds instead of just showing sex. Those funny pistils are throwing me off. I don't want to revers something with auto flower genetics. I will still be taking clones I just don't know which one I will reverse yet.

The plan is still on to flower out the male O.H.S. and use some of the pollen next run. Might do the same thing with the T2 if it is a male. Growth wise this plant still impresses. There is a chance that the T2 male will be better than the O.H.S. male. No Orange terps is the only problem with it. I only have a few T2 seeds as they were volunteers. Tangilope x Jacks Cleaner 2 could be a incredible sativa. At some point in time I need one of these to be female and then hope for the best.

In the end T2 and Tangiloe might be the same thing. Tangiloe is where a male plant was found. The final T2 seeds are coming from the same plant that made the Tangiloe seeds. It was right next to the Chocoloco I crossed with JC 2 pollen. Pretty sure the extra seeds are from that. For Tangiloe I only pollinated one branch.

The cell phone booster seems to have done the trick Pennywise. I got on line and ordered some stuff at 2 p.m. That's never happened since I have moved. I am thinking if I keep pictures small I will be fine. Not being able to post tons of pictures will make me concentrate more on the ones I do post. Maybe they will get better.

It is going to be hard to get a good picture with out the leopard spotted carpet but I will try LOL. I bit the bullet and retired my black sheet for a real photography back drop. If the idea I have for lighting works pictures should get a little better.

My big problem is I have seen way to many great photographs of plants, buds and everything. I know what they should look like. I am by no means a perfectionist in any way. How can I make a perfect picture if I am not?????? Smoke some pot and think about that one for a while. LMAO

Fishing worked lol. It is not quite time for great fishing but it is getting close. Caught 3 fish this is the biggest. It is right around 5 lbs.

I left everything well watered and went 2 days without seeing them. Holy crap LMAO. Time is getting close fast. In fact today I start my plant transfer. I am not going to drop the lights back to sex the regular plants. I have a empty tent. I am going to put all unknown plants and the huge Liberty Haze into it every day after 12 hours. Then move them back at wake up time. Not going to be simple but it is no big deal. This will give me another week of veg. for most plants. This also gets the males a head start. They will stay in the tent and finish once I know. Not sure if pollen will show up in time to use or not. 1 week is not much of a head start. I do plan to save some of it just in case. The Orange Hill Special I think is male is a great looking plant structurally.

The 1 I know is female showed sex really early. That is a good trait all in its own. That and the fact that I think regular strains self easier I plan to use it as the reversed plant that is going to produce pollen. This will give me O.H.S. seeds if I like it plus a hybrid. Everything will revolve around how much I like the plants I will choose tomorrow for cloning. I won't know anything for sure till I smoke them. If I really like O.H.S. then its hybrid should also be decent at least. Looks good on paper anyway LOL.

It looks like T2 is female. I might have seen a hair on it last night. I thought it was going to be a male as I couldn't see any hairs when all the other were showing sex. Then I realized it is was started a week or so after the others. When I double checked things last night I spotted something new. Like I said Tangilope has tiny little hairs to start out. Little buggers are hard to see. I also noticed another thing while checking it. Weird leaves. Yes this happens a lot. What makes it different here is it is a Jack the Ripper trait. I saw it on JTR and on the male Jacks Cleaner 2 I used for this hybrid. I also spotted a few trichomes on the male so I am hoping that means females will have tons. The fact that this plant is bushing and growing so much different than the Tangiloe. Means the Jack the Ripper imposed its influence on the hybrid. That's a good thing in the fact that's what I wanted. The fact that I really don't know anything about the male still adds a little mystery.

The fact that I have 2 plants from the same mom with different dads going helps. This could show me at least a little of what that male plant did. This might give me insite on the rest of the hybrids from it.

I just took a second to move plants. T2 is female Hooray!

Back
Top Bottom