Recommend Best Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights?

The only drawback to QBs... and before I have tomatoes thrown at me let me preface by saying I own some... is you can’t adjust and dim by spectrum. Mark my words this will become a defacto standard in all LED lights in the future should they survive and not be surpassed by some new tech not available yet. Being able to control the spectrum and intensity = being able to control the plant. Still a field in study, but IMO very important and a gap for QBs. They are great lights though.
Good stuff TY :peace:

Greetings @Wulves! I am going to make it more complicated. For overall efficiency and a spectrum that more appeals to me, I am going to throw out a nod to COB LED. I like the CREE 3000k 90CRI chips, with a small mix of 5000k COBs in the array so as to very closely match the full spectrum of our sun.
Thank you hope all is well with everyone. :peace::love:

Hey how’s it going wulves I have being looking of late at all new led as I am in the market myself for some and tbh all the decent ones with good par and even coverage are still quite high in watts with a slight saving over hps but you have to think of the over all yield with both you definitely you will be able to keep your room/tent cooler with LEDs.
But does the extra electrical cost ie HPs pay for its self by producing more bud if you a cool them without ac?
I am not a led hater but if I spend thousands on multiple fixtures I want to know I am making a good investment and they beat what I have I can get a GPW easy with most strains and more with some but you have to think about space and time of grows. The ones I have looked at are PLC photo boost strips which look very good on par and price but you have to build them also SolisTek b9 but bit juices on watts and gavita 1650 these last two are built and come with good guarantees hope this helps and guys as I said before I am not a led hater and have tried some with bad results over hps but I know things have improved ten fold year by year cheers.

Hey how’s it going wulves I have being looking of late at all new led as I am in the market myself for some and tbh all the decent ones with good par and even coverage are still quite high in watts with a slight saving over hps but you have to think of the over all yield with both you definitely you will be able to keep your room/tent cooler with LEDs.
But does the extra electrical cost ie HPs pay for its self by producing more bud if you a cool them without ac?
I am not a led hater but if I spend thousands on multiple fixtures I want to know I am making a good investment and they beat what I have I can get a GPW easy with most strains and more with some but you have to think about space and time of grows. The ones I have looked at are PLC photo boost strips which look very good on par and price but you have to build them also SolisTek b9 but bit juices on watts and gavita 1650 these last two are built and come with good guarantees hope this helps and guys as I said before I am not a led hater and have tried some with bad results over hps but I know things have improved ten fold year by year cheers.
HPS does not out yield LEDs that are newer than 5 years old.
Just the opposite

Why are QB's better than Cobs? What makes them better?
I run Cree 3590 3000K 90CRI in one system and 3500K 80CRI in another.
Just want to make sure I am not missing something.:volcano-smiley:
I use Samsung strips @5000k along with my Cree 3590 COBs @ 3500k to add blues in veg, swap out for strips @3000k for bloom. I also have added mono stars in deep red, far red, and UVA. I haven't tested quantum boards, but the strips are basically the same thing. What you'll notice right away is the appearance of the lights being brighter. The reason quantum boards are better, is that they're able to spread the light out much better. Instead of hot spots that COBs create. If height is no issue (not the usual indoor grow situation) you can raise your COBs and have less hot spots. Quantum boards and strips provide a better spread and allow for a lower ceiling. And then, there is the fact that strips and QBs have better efficacy, more light per watt.

I use Samsung strips @5000k along with my Cree 3590 COBs @ 3500k to add blues in veg, swap out for strips @3000k for bloom. I also have added mono stars in deep red, far red, and UVA. I haven't tested quantum boards, but the strips are basically the same thing. What you'll notice right away is the appearance of the lights being brighter. The reason quantum boards are better, is that they're able to spread the light out much better. Instead of hot spots that COBs create. If height is no issue (not the usual indoor grow situation) you can raise your COBs and have less hot spots. Quantum boards and strips provide a better spread and allow for a lower ceiling. And then, there is the fact that strips and QBs have better efficacy, more light per watt.
Thanks for the info!
Good to hear the reasoning behind preferences.
:peace:

Homemade 4 - HLG V1 288qbs @ 3000k. Easy and straight forward. Adjustable power supply source in a 4x4. First full grow with them... They works better than the other cheapo leds I’ve used.
Oh and there is no battle with heat...
80D3BB1A-4A08-42A3-85F0-92C28F950805.jpeg

It sure is great to see so many growers using the mid-power LEDs! :headbanger:

One wonders how many people have been pointed in the right direction. I had no idea how many.

Fantastic!

QBs and strips are the best choice for small gardens. If you're in a warehouse, it's still hard to beat double-ended hps. Blurples are a kludge.

I own QBs, CMHs, MHs, HPSs, old style (fan LEDs), 4ft T5s, 2ft t5s and E40 CFLs. Honestly go check out Mars Hydro's brand spanking new SP line. Especially the SP 250. Its basically a QB that is already put together, None of the IKEA (spend a whole day putting it together crap). Heaps cheaper and just as effective due to the size of them. they are the same size as the usual T5 4fters so they fit perfectly in the classic 1.2X1.2m tents or (what i do) 2 of them long ways in a 2.4X1.2M with a 315w CMH in the middle for UVB,UVA and better spectrum. For under 850w your totally covered from end to end and can pull pounds and pounds of super frosty nugs all year round albeit depending on where your from you may need to pull warm air from your room/house in winter which is the main downfall of these newschool LEDs. No heat, fans or sound so it defeats the purpose of having a heater on in winter cause it can cost more to heat than what it would use a couple 600w HPS's, once again depending on where you're from. Many people dont think about the heat issue, you still need to pull air from outside to create fresh usable air in a grow area even if its cold. keep that in mind. From what you are saying you want a micro grow, so mayby a mars sp 150 and a 315w cmh back to back in a 4ft might be overkill but meh id rather have more power and dial it down/raise da roof than not have enough and get popcorn, stretching, lower resin production, cold plants, reliance on heating and stressed ladys. good luck. Oh and clone/seed under T5s until your plants are over 2ft then switch to the veg CMH bulb untill bloom and then add the Mars or QB and switch the CMH bulb to the bloom one. Good luck

My worry was the assembly. Kits took less than 5 mins to put together. Id say 3mins panel.. wonder how many customers are put off needlessly..

easy to put the qbs together agreed
Im a worry wart when it comes to live wires, constantly grounding myself as to not short the boards, making sure i got the damn wire colours correct. I spent days watching youtube vids on how electricity works. In the end i actually got a mate to come round who is an electrician and inspect it. But ive never done anything like that before, not even put a car stereo in. Chef by trade

im not much better lol
if i am honest 3 of my boards came already put together, the last i had to connect up, wago clips are your friend lol just connect the right colours and bobs your uncle :D

I use SpectrumKIng leds . heat is not an issue as a matter of fact with a 602 and 2 402's running in a room following VPD I almost had to heat the room ( 12x12)..same with the closet case in a small tent 2x2x4. aside from heat not being an issue I love the fact that they are ip65 water proof rated as I tend to foliar feed with a wand . I know that the diyers will say that I paid to much for them..but in my opinion I haven't as you can't get their spectrum in a diy kit ( its patented) and how much would it cost to make them ip65 rated ?

Im a worry wart when it comes to live wires, constantly grounding myself as to not short the boards, making sure i got the damn wire colours correct. I spent days watching youtube vids on how electricity works. In the end i actually got a mate to come round who is an electrician and inspect it. But ive never done anything like that before, not even put a car stereo in. Chef by trade

Mate im exactly the same. I get my sparky mate to change my downlight bulbs, lol.. with the qbs it was unwarranted stress with how easy it is.. painter...

I use SpectrumKIng leds . heat is not an issue as a matter of fact with a 602 and 2 402's running in a room following VPD I almost had to heat the room ( 12x12)..same with the closet case in a small tent 2x2x4. aside from heat not being an issue I love the fact that they are ip65 water proof rated as I tend to foliar feed with a wand . I know that the diyers will say that I paid to much for them..but in my opinion I haven't as you can't get their spectrum in a diy kit ( its patented) and how much would it cost to make them ip65 rated ?

Always wanted spectrum King, I just couldn't justify/afford..

Always wanted spectrum King, I just couldn't afford..
I understand completely … when I started growing again and led's where quite the topic a couple years ago ...I went with what I thought would give me good results having all the spectrums I needed and uv,uvb,ir along with par etc etc ..they weren't full spectrum as a matter of fact you can see them in my sig...long story short after some issues towards the end of flowering any run I did with them I through research was led to spectrum king ...and well I wish I would have invested my money there first even if would have only been on a closet case to check them out . I love these lights and in regards to cost I agree they are pricey but they are very competitively priced in the market they are in .
here is a pic of the 402's in action last grow.

Attachments

• IMG_3806.JPG
    IMG_3806.JPG
    760.3 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom