Renegade's Hydro Flux - Featuring TwiLight Group's 432 Watt Spider COB LED

:hookah: Looks good so far. I'd be scared of LED on seedlings, but it's doing the trick for you.

Cajun, I might agree with you if I were more experienced and had started with other lights but I started with LED. and I think most of us were over thinking the LED technology. If we simply took the LED and installed it without question and without all the debat we would have been surprised. IMO LED technology is ideal for seedling because of the mix of colors.

Her 1 week birthday is on Saturday and I'll post a pic then. I'll let you be the judge...lol.

No argument here my friend.
1st: You couldn't fill a matchbox w/ my experience w/ LED.
2nd: You got some happy happy lil seeds.
Case closed. The LED fixture co's are swimming closer for true.

No argument here my friend.
1st: You couldn't fill a matchbox w/ my experience w/ LED.
2nd: You got some happy happy lil seeds.
Case closed. The LED fixture co's are swimming closer for true.

Closer and closer....so much so I got an offer to showcase a new light.

Standbye for that update...

Congrats on getting offered the new LED to test out. Your growing prowess must be well known. :goodjob:

LMAO....now that's funny....LOL.

Not likely...they must have been trolling my journal and liked what they saw. I still need to clear it with 420 because I don't think they are a sponsor.

All of the above... But mainly the blend of the LED. I've been working this through my head and this is what I've understood after King's input....imagine a flash light beam...point it at the wall....now move closer....see the beam get smaller. Now put several lights side by side....the beams overlap....to close and the overlap effect gets smaller until they no longer overlap.

That's the same as the LED's. To close and you loose that blend, to far and you loose the effectiveness. The manufactors have figured out the optimum distance for us.

Sure as hell hope I've got that correct because I'm loosing my mind trying to understand it.

Not for anything but to just understand...LOL.

Before this journal I knew nothing...now I know enough to be dangerous....LOL.

You are correct!

SHAME ON ME !!! my dear friend,

I was so overbooked by job that i just focused on my journal, and missed the start of this one,

1. Subbed, Subbed, Subbed, Subbed
2. love your setup and the way you closed your growing space.
3. Welcome to baby Nirvana, hope this strain will perfectly fit fluxing method
4. LOL i still did not understand anything regarding spectrum too :ganjamon:
5. As Skunny said, welcome to fluxingmania -
6. You're right TELDREN's scrog is incredible
7. YES YOU CAN ONLY SUCCEEDDDDDDDDDDDD.
8. RH from 40 to 50 % isn't it a bit low for first stage ?

Let's follow that for now with all the attention it deserve.

Good luck my friend,

great news renegade! this is none of my business, just my 2 cents for a 420 friend,

my brother taught me that offers are just a starting point, check your PM

forgive my intrusion :circle-of-love: congratulations :high-five:

Forgive your intrusion my ass...LOL. You know you have the keys to the yard. Your always welcomed in fact come and go as you please just leave a bottle of Captain and a six of Sammies...(Cherry Wheat please)...LOL.

PM answered....

SHAME ON ME !!! my dear friend,

I was so overbooked by job that i just focused on my journal, and missed the start of this one,

1. Subbed, Subbed, Subbed, Subbed
2. love your setup and the way you closed your growing space.
3. Welcome to baby Nirvana, hope this strain will perfectly fit fluxing method
4. LOL i still did not understand anything regarding spectrum too :ganjamon:
5. As Skunny said, welcome to fluxingmania -
6. You're right TELDREN's scrog is incredible
7. YES YOU CAN ONLY SUCCEEDDDDDDDDDDDD.
8. RH from 40 to 50 % isn't it a bit low for first stage ?

Let's follow that for now with all the attention it deserve.

Good luck my friend,

You are absolutely correct Tad, my RH is too low. Got a mister going right now. I will probably run it all night.

Baby gurl did just fine while I was away. Stay tuned for tomorrow's res change and update.

Forgive your intrusion my ass...LOL. You know you have the keys to the yard. Your always welcomed in fact come and go as you please just leave a bottle of Captain and a six of Sammies...(Cherry Wheat please)...LOL.

PM answered....

REPS for the promotion of my word :high-five: you are the 2nd member that is catching on, why type seven boring letters,

when you can type four letters and make the journal reference fun to read. nice yard Renegade, :thumb:

I will take you up on your offer & leave you a six pack, less my cut, 3 Sammy's :high-five:

25 Jul 14, Friday

Week 1, Day 7

Evening...
Air=88
RH=38
PH=6.2
PPM=
Res Temp=85

Added 2 ice bottles....

Second set of leafs (3 leaf) are present with 3rd set clearly visible. Did a little spreading of the top. I need close nodes even at this stage.

Slight curling of leafs which should be consistent with heat stress and low humidity. Not wide spread so not concerned but will watch it closely. Turned on mister and will run it all night to get the RH up.

I know all my readings are out of whack but I'm not gonna stress over it. Things will settle down soon enough. Plant looks healthy as hell except for the curling. Very strong root system already taking place.

Things are about to ramp up when I introduce nutrients for the first time tomorrow. Pics will follow res change.

REPS for the promotion of my word :high-five: you are the 2nd member that is catching on, why type seven boring letters,

when you can type four letters and make the journal reference fun to read. nice yard Renegade, :thumb:

I will take you up on your offer & leave you a six pack, less my cut, 3 Sammy's :high-five:

You are too funny my friend.... Ok, I'll take the 3 but leave the Captain untouched...LOL.

25 Jul 14, Friday

Week 1, Day 7

Evening...
Air=88
RH=38
PH=6.2
PPM=
Res Temp=85

Added 2 ice bottles...

I know all my readings are out of whack but I'm not gonna stress over it. Things will settle down soon enough. Plant looks healthy as hell except for the curling. Very strong root system already taking place.

Things are about to ramp up when I introduce nutrients for the first time tomorrow. Pics will follow res change.

Glad your girls are looking good.

Good of you to be honest about your conditions. I've seen new growers "forget to mention" and then no one following had any idea why their grow went bad.

Even better your grow it's going good!

Good morning my brothers....

Rado you absolutely right. I don't need to hide anything and at least acknowledging that there is a problem cuts down on the bigger problems later on. I can get comments and suggestions and prepare a course of action.

I won't stress on them and even better than that I won't over react on them. Some of us will try to make adjustments only to find out they only created a bigger problem. And some will even make several adjustments at once. Let's just see how she responds to the res change and nutrients and go from there.

Off for my weekend run then I will tend to my gurl. Lights get cut backed today. 18/6 with lights out from 1200-1800....

26 Jul 14, Saturday

Week 2, Day 1

Morning....
Air=88
RH=36
PH=
PPM=
Res Temp=

Res change out and week 1 nutrients added.

First, high cabinet temps are not accidental. I purposely haven't turned on the exhaust. Wednesday was the first day it was turned on and it was only set to low. This morning it was turned up to medium low and cabinet was closed off again. Temps immediately lowered and settled in around 84. With cabinet doors open the temp hangs around 81. If chiller was working the results would be better. I also turned on mister this morning and RH went up to 44 with the doors closed and 46 with them open. Currently my readings are 79 and 45 but that may be because the room that the cabinet is in has the ceiling fan going and of course wifey has the AC going. Yes, at 0900 in the morning....low country...LOL.

Now for the nutrient schedule. I'm going with GH's FloraSeries nutrients and will be going by their recommended doses. Since we are officially beyond seedling since our first true set of leafs (3 leaf) are full with 3rd set popping their heads out. I will be going at 80% strength and hope to keep with changing res out every other week. Again I'll let the plant tell me otherwise. One plant feeding in a six gallon res should be just fine....at least that's what I'm telling myself. Week 1 schedule....

I have a second res for mixing nutrients and adjusting PH. So at 80% strength in a six gallon res my PPM reading is 448. A starting point. She will feed and I'll use this as an indication of whether or not to add nutrients in between change out. Added 5ml of PH down which brought the PH down to 5.2 and 3ml of up (at 1ml increments) brought PH up to 5.8.

Current readings in nutrient res.....
PH=5.8
PPM=448
Res Temp=78

Current readings in cabinet.....
Air=79
RH=47

Drained and added nutrients....

Current readings....
Air=81
RH=51
PH=5.8
PPM=454
Res Temp=75

On another note.... There was a tall tell sign of a "Spider" in my garden....LOL. Left a pretty big footprint. 36" tall with a 55" footprint. Hopefully it will return. I don't think this is the type of spider to fear...well not for me....LOL.

Pics are coming up....

Back
Top Bottom