The Begining of Hydro

I have succesfully changed media from SOIL to HYDROTON several times and this is what worked for me........ Four things that are very important to help increase your chances of success::cheer:
PH....... 5.5/5.8
TEMP of water........ 67-72
MUST BE CAREFULL BE GENTLE .... those little roots break easily
DO IT in a DRAFT FREE WARM ROOM..... Cold air and drafts will shock the roots;)
ADD SUPERTHRIVE to your solution this will help in your relocation efforts. I use the SUPER THRIVE on any transplanted or shocked plant- I have also had very good luck with VOODOO JUICE( helps in protecting the roots and root developement and can be used in both soil and hydro applications CARBO LOAD/MOLASSES GOOD LUCK STAY SAFE and GOOD GARDENING.........................:yummy:

MrCloner420

I have succesfully changed media from SOIL to HYDROTON several times and this is what worked for me........ Four things that are very important to help increase your chances of success::cheer:
PH....... 5.5/5.8
TEMP of water........ 67-72
MUST BE CAREFULL BE GENTLE .... those little roots break easily
DO IT in a DRAFT FREE WARM ROOM..... Cold air and drafts will shock the roots;)
ADD SUPERTHRIVE to your solution this will help in your relocation efforts. I use the SUPER THRIVE on any transplanted or shocked plant- I have also had very good luck with VOODOO JUICE( helps in protecting the roots and root developement and can be used in both soil and hydro applications CARBO LOAD/MOLASSES GOOD LUCK STAY SAFE and GOOD GARDENING.........................:yummy:

MrCloner420

Thank you very much for your advice. I will take this into consideration.

Peace be with you...:peace:

if u do the top / clone jell make sure u get roots before you put them in the hydro bucket

I will. Thank you very much for your advice. Any thoughts on how much of the lady I should top off ?

Peace be with you...:peace:

The site where I ordered my hydro units offers grow support. I posed the same question there that I have here...about topping the ladies and using that for hydro. And this is what I was told: "if you cut it at the base it definately wont root. It needs to be soft wood part of the plant. The stem is hard and the cutting will have to support to much foliage to be able to focus on rooting. you want a small branch with one or 2 nodes."

Does this mean that I can top them and do as I have planned ? I would like some opinions about this please.

Peace be with you all...

most get atleast 2 nodes to use, but really if u want to put her stright into flowering i would just take a few cuts off bottom then rise all the dirt off and put her in the potmake sure not to fill the water all the way up just put it right before it would touch the net pot and instead of swirling if you got a extra air stone you can just rinse off some the dirt and put the root ball in diffrent bucket with the air stone and let it adjatate the dirt off the roots u may have to change the water once or twice make sure u use low ppm water like rain water or something that isnt that bad(my city water sucks thats why im saying that) that should clean it the best

I have had my seeds (4 of them germinated) in the Rapid Rooter plugs for 3 days now. I covered them with a plastic lid to help with the humidity factor.
06-10-09_001_opt.jpg

Thus far I am looking at growth. I think I will check for roots by Friday.
06-10-09_006_opt.jpg

My ladies that I am thinking about topping for hydro transplant have been pruned so that only the top is left on both. The only concern is how much to top off.
06-10-09_015_opt.jpg

Here's the other girl...
06-10-09_030_opt.jpg

Both have what I would consider strong, healthy tops. Good green leaves.
06-10-09_023_opt.jpg

I am sure I will have 4 in hydro before this weekend is over. My rooting gel should be here by Saturday and I will decide by then what to do about topping my ladies.

May peace be with you all...:peace:

first off your grow is coming along nicely. As for the nutes i personally prefer the 3parts because it allows you to adjust more if there are nute issues however they are quite a few 1 parts out there so i can't knock em you may think about some cal-mag as cannabis loves them. the ph strips are good to get a general idea but if you notice nute problems def a meter is in order. Do you have any books? the bible is a godsend for me! you may be able to get the torrent if not pm me and I'll get it to you.

Cloning your moms shouldn't be too hard, Ive used various lenghts with good results. What will be your cloning method? Aero cloning works best for me especially combined with AN's jumpstart I get a 100% success rate in 7-14 days. May you grow and prosper my man peace.:ganjamon:

first off your grow is coming along nicely. As for the nutes i personally prefer the 3parts because it allows you to adjust more if there are nute issues however they are quite a few 1 parts out there so i can't knock em you may think about some cal-mag as cannabis loves them. the ph strips are good to get a general idea but if you notice nute problems def a meter is in order. Do you have any books? the bible is a godsend for me! you may be able to get the torrent if not pm me and I'll get it to you.

Cloning your moms shouldn't be too hard, Ive used various lenghts with good results. What will be your cloning method? Aero cloning works best for me especially combined with AN's jumpstart I get a 100% success rate in 7-14 days. May you grow and prosper my man peace.:ganjamon:

I thank you my friend for your interest and advice. I have read about that "bible" you spoke of...I am going to get that sometime soon, as well as as a nute meter. I have multiple instructional dvds on growing and of course I have an endless supply of knowledge at my disposal via the internet. I have not heard of the "torrent"...what is that ?

My basic plans for cloning are as follows: 1st I will top my ladies and dip them in rooting gel and then place them in Rapid Rooter plugs and then when rooted, into the hydro they go. My only question is exactly how much of the tops to clip off. I have been told to get at least 2 nodes, which is for now what I am going by.

As far as nutes go, I still have a lot to learn. Especially about hydro nutes. But I have access to a hydro program which is very informative dealing with ALL aspects of hydroponic gardening. There is only one video to view so far, but 5 more are coming within days (so it says). Here is the link Thank You for joining, here are your videos - HydroponicMastery.com See what you think.

Peace be with you my friend...
:peace:

Hello my new friend.
You probably have seen this but in case you havent...
How To Clone A Cannabis Plant
Nice pics good tutorial...
I hope you have great success with this, Your mother should have some green leaves on her before you cut her top or she will die. Remember leaves+light= energy for your plant. Both healthy leaves and healthy roots are needed.
I am trying to create a new home for a mother to be. I have mostly grown from seed but most HP growers that I know just love cuttings, including my first mentor in cultivation of this plant. I saw his clones in a home made cloner using the root spray system that were only 2-3 inches tall, had the nodes, leaves trimmed about half-way, and the roots appeared in days and were very long and beautiful. I personally have only used a root hormone and plugs and have been only partly successful. One thing I learned is to be very clean, just like a surgical procedure, to keep the cutting as healthy as possible.
I suspect you will have good fortune in your ventures, you sound pretty resourceful.
Fineas
o<

Hello my new friend.
You probably have seen this but in case you havent...
How To Clone A Cannabis Plant
Nice pics good tutorial...
I hope you have great success with this, Your mother should have some green leaves on her before you cut her top or she will die. Remember leaves+light= energy for your plant. Both healthy leaves and healthy roots are needed.
I am trying to create a new home for a mother to be. I have mostly grown from seed but most HP growers that I know just love cuttings, including my first mentor in cultivation of this plant. I saw his clones in a home made cloner using the root spray system that were only 2-3 inches tall, had the nodes, leaves trimmed about half-way, and the roots appeared in days and were very long and beautiful. I personally have only used a root hormone and plugs and have been only partly successful. One thing I learned is to be very clean, just like a surgical procedure, to keep the cutting as healthy as possible.
I suspect you will have good fortune in your ventures, you sound pretty resourceful.
Fineas
o<

Thank you my friend...you are too kind. I just recieved my 5 gal. bucket system. The FedEx guy walked right in where some of my students were and one of them asked me if I was "taking it to the next level". I had to laugh. As I have said, I hide nothing from my students. Why should I hide what I know is beneficial to all ?

My rooting gel should be here by Saturday hopefully, and then the cloning begins. Until then, I will continue to read. And thank you very much for sending me the link on cloning. I am sure to have success with friends like you guiding me. :thanks:

Thank you again my friend...may you find peace and harmony in all your endeavors.

Well today makes it day 3 (I think) since I put my germinated seeds in the Rapid Rooter plugs. And here is where they are tonight.
06-11-09_006_opt.jpg

I imagine they have roots already, but I'm not checking until Saturday the 13th
06-11-09_010_opt.jpg

My bucket system arrived today.
06-11-09_020_opt.jpg

Nice deep net pot. Can't wait to see what I can do with this.
06-11-09_026_opt.jpg

One of my lights. A Sunlight 42 watt cfl boasting 2800 lumens
06-11-09_003_opt.jpg

I'm topping this lady soon and she will be introduced to the bucket hydro system. She is 40 days old today.
06-11-09_004_opt.jpg

Things are starting to come together. And everything should be in hydro by the 1st part of next week.

Peace and harmony be with you all...

One of those lights is OK for cuttings taking root. 4 to 6 of them at least to grow them. Your plants show me sparse growth, I advise get remote ballast 250w HPS. Nice all purpose starter lamp. You gonna need lumens! Bigger is indeed better, and somewhat costlier. Nothing is for nothing. Fugedabout 250, you got buckets and ambition. Let there be Light. You can't cut those poor scrawny things I see in the pix till you get some growth, not mere sad survival. I will watch your progress with interest. Bubblers and attytude +rep

One of those lights is OK for cuttings taking root. 4 to 6 of them at least to grow them. Your plants show me sparse growth, I advise get remote ballast 250w HPS. Nice all purpose starter lamp. You gonna need lumens! Bigger is indeed better, and somewhat costlier. Nothing is for nothing. Fugedabout 250, you got buckets and ambition. Let there be Light. You can't cut those poor scrawny things I see in the pix till you get some growth, not mere sad survival. I will watch your progress with interest. Bubblers and attytude +rep

Thank you for your advice. :thanks: I am looking to expand my buckets. Sealth Hydro has a 3 bucket deal like the one I already have for about $200.00 plus...and one of the sponsers on here has a WaterFarm 8 bucket deal for about $400.00 I am also looking for lighting, and hopefully I will find what I need for a resonable price very soon.

Thank you again...Peace be with you

Another grower gave me an idea that is great and cheap. At any walmart or wherever you can get y-connectors for your lights and make a "chandelier" of them. Use 4 highest blue light cfls. put 2 to a y connection X2, then into another y then into a straight connector then into your socket with the hood. This is an inexpensive way to increase lighting 4x you need 3 y connectors and one straight into your existing socket.
I hang 3 of these chandeliers over my grow bed and they grew bushy and well. I have a MH/HPS ballast and the backside to this was use one or the other. SO I used the cfl's to veg and HPS to flower. This will do well even if you dont get another light system until you are ready to flower.
Maybe the HID lights are better but they are really alot hotter. Down here in the south it is already over 98 degrees and it takes alot of AC to cool down 2 HIDs. So for me I use the cfls for veg and HPS for flower.
My friend, another thing I can tell you from experience is that for you to get a grow under your belt as well. You are on your way already. You can veg your mothers a while before you decide on a new growing system. You will find that you learn so much more with "hands on" + you have the advice from the growers here to assist. You have a journal, you have knowledge and access to advice and seems like you can get supplies, and you dont seem to have an 'ego' problem listening to others. Dude you are on your way there!!!!
Light up those mothers and may the force be with you.

Another grower gave me an idea that is great and cheap. At any walmart or wherever you can get y-connectors for your lights and make a "chandelier" of them. Use 4 highest blue light cfls. put 2 to a y connection X2, then into another y then into a straight connector then into your socket with the hood. This is an inexpensive way to increase lighting 4x you need 3 y connectors and one straight into your existing socket.
I hang 3 of these chandeliers over my grow bed and they grew bushy and well. I have a MH/HPS ballast and the backside to this was use one or the other. SO I used the cfl's to veg and HPS to flower. This will do well even if you dont get another light system until you are ready to flower.
Maybe the HID lights are better but they are really alot hotter. Down here in the south it is already over 98 degrees and it takes alot of AC to cool down 2 HIDs. So for me I use the cfls for veg and HPS for flower.
My friend, another thing I can tell you from experience is that for you to get a grow under your belt as well. You are on your way already. You can veg your mothers a while before you decide on a new growing system. You will find that you learn so much more with "hands on" + you have the advice from the growers here to assist. You have a journal, you have knowledge and access to advice and seems like you can get supplies, and you dont seem to have an 'ego' problem listening to others. Dude you are on your way there!!!!
Light up those mothers and may the force be with you.

That is a fine idea indeed. I have more lights on the way along with some feminized auto-flowering AK-47 seeds. I'll have some new pix up soon. I just have some other things to take care of first.

Thank you again my friend...peace be with you

Hi Look here at this page of Potpies light.
PotPie's First Grow - Quest for Indoor Gardening Nollij
This is where I got the idea from. But use 6400K, 23 W 1600 lumen each. Sometimes is hard to find the bit of info you want even searching here. I have followed Potpies grow and if you look at what he is doing and how his grow is coming along (is nearly finished) you will be impressed at what he attained in his quest. I know I am.
Talk to you soon my friend
Fin
o<.

Good luck

I have learned many things thru simple experimentation. One of the greatest lessons I have learned thru Martial Art is that no one thing works for everyone. What may work for one person, may give the next person nothing but disapointment. I just took one of my seedling sprouts, which has good roots already started, and placed it into my bucket with fresh water and about 1/4 strength grow nutes. The ph level was adjusted after I added the nutes and it is at about 6.5 Now the water level I am keeping just under the bottom of the net pot with only the thin layer of hydroton between the now rooting lady and the water, which by the way I am hoping will cause the roots to seek out the misting caused by the bubbling action.

Unless I have made some mistake I am not aware of thus far, I should see some growth from this action. I thank you all for your advice and I wish you continued success in your growing efforts. My wife has taken the kids and our only camera on vacation, so there will be no pics up for a while. Sorry folks.

Oh yea, 3 of the 4 I had in the DWC unit have died. I am not sure why, but that does free up space for my seeds which will be here early next week along with 4 new HO cfl veg lights. About the seeds...they are auto flowering feminized White Russians with a THC content of 22 % + (from what I have read). They will be started upon germination in rockwool or RR plugs. I will continue to write about the grow with as much description as possible, and when I get another camera, or when my wife returns, I will put pics up.

Peace and harmony be with you my friends...

Back
Top Bottom