Retired looks interesting

ozarker

Hello haven't done this for about forty years (BESTVA DC Series 2000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Grow Lamp)
will this lamp handle 2 or 3 plants in a 4x4x80 grow tent will I get good buds.

Welcome to the forum. Lots has changed in 40 years. A whole bunch of factors come into play. What kind of set up do you have..
lots of knowledgeable growers on here and tons of fantastic information.
Drop a question in the appropriate thread and some will chime in.
In my signature is a link to help new members. thanks for joining the best community out there. Happy growing Magic

I have not heard of the brand light before but I am running a few plants in my 4x4 currently. First run with the tent and a 750W LED. Actual draw is 450W and some of that goes to running the fan. I have 4 autos under it that have just entered flowering. Seems sufficient and yours, if actual draw is higher than mine by a bit should do quite nice.

Welcome to 420 ozarker.
My friend has the bestva 2000w.
I can't remember the exact real draw wattage but I know it was under 400w.
He grows 2 plants with his and does very well. It may do 4 plants at a stretch :thumb:

Welcome. Did a quick check at Besva, and it looks like you have 390 watts at the wall. I'd run a 3X3 scrog in the 4X4 tent. Right now, instead of my normal 1000 W HPS, I am running a Budget 500W LED for the first time over my 4X4 scrog.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of advice and encouragement here.
If i may suggest a helpful tool called a kill-a-watt ($15-20 @ home depot).
You can plug everything in and read real time wattage, amps, etc. Which is very helpful in monitoring your electrical usage!
Another marketing trick a lot of "made in china" LED companies use is multiplying the diodes by their wattage and claiming that output. You Will often see "1000 watt equivalent light" but LEDs are most efficient at half power and many of these lights are driven at less than 50%.
So just because it has 100 x ten watt diodes doesn't equate a 1000 watt light. Only the draw from the wall dictates the power, hence adding a kill-a-watt to get a read. Also fun to watch the numbers change when you turn on fans, etc.
From there the rule of thumb is 50 watts of light/sf of garden.
Say if your light is pulling 200 watts from the wall it should cover 4 SF of garden.
Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom