Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

I must have zoned out on this here bubble hash, what's this 90 minute decarb? I normally just do 27 minutes at 250f.

@Rifleman What the heck is there to say but you've got monsters in that closet. I can't wait to see you survive the next 50 days. :rofl: I predict lots and lots of buddage.

I decarbed for 90 minutes once by mistake and found it to be more potent when I smoked it. At the time I didn't have enough to try it again. This week I made another try and discovered that it wasn't a fluke. For some reason, if you decarb the bud for a full 90 minutes at 245 degrees F and then use that plant material to smoke or vape or use in edibles it increases the potency of the cannabis.

I have no explaination as to why this is so. I'd almost bet that the only reason we know this is I made a sereptitious mistake. However, yesterday I decarbed some of my Dark Devil Auto for the 90 minutes and it's been kicking my ass like speed ever since.

Worth a try, don't you think? Make you curious? You don't know what you're missing.

Thanks for the warm welcoming Rifleman. :)

As for my garden, I just finished buying a new house. It's a pretty big place so the basement is a "triple wide layout" and has a huge laundry room with another "canning room" behind it. (Previous owner is a horticulturist. We have allot of fruit trees in the backyard because of him, along with canning storage rooms. Which i'll be using one as my flower room and one as my veg.)

I have transferred all my equipment over and have the room built. All I need is a new 10 inch exhaust. and a roll of panda. Then I'll be good to go. So within the next few day's I'll have a journal up and going. I have some Killer genetics and pretty stoked to get them on the go in the new house.. But anyway's, keep up the good work. Your journal has basically taught me how to write one. lol :high-five:

I decarbed for 90 minutes once by mistake and found it to be more potent when I smoked it. At the time I didn't have enough to try it again. This week I made another try and discovered that it wasn't a fluke. For some reason, if you decarb the bud for a full 90 minutes at 245 degrees F and then use that plant material to smoke or vape or use in edibles it increases the potency of the cannabis.

I have no explaination as to why this is so. I'd almost bet that the only reason we know this is I made a sereptitious mistake. However, yesterday I decarbed some of my Dark Devil Auto for the 90 minutes and it's been kicking my ass like speed ever since.

Worth a try, don't you think? Make you curious? You don't know what you're missing.

Certainly worth a try. I think I will stick some in the oven tonight and see what I have been missing. Although my tolerance is thru the roof so not sure if I will be able to tell. LOL

Certainly worth a try. I think I will stick some in the oven tonight and see what I have been missing. Although my tolerance is thru the roof so not sure if I will be able to tell. LOL [/SIZE]

Your tolerance can't be any more than mine. :cheesygrinsmiley: I run on high-octane cannabis, liberally applied. Lol! That's part of my excitement. If I can get this type of improvement, so can others. I just need more than my manic self proving it happens. Until someone else does (other than BAR, but he's not here these days) I'll keep thinking it's some strange quirk in me.

We're coming up on midnight and I'm just starting to come down from brownies I finished eating at 1:15 this afternoon. Haven't had anything else but that brownie today. I don't think this is just me.

Edit: When I say "starting to come down" that's what I mean. I'm still soaring, reality still shifts every time I move. I am buzzed to the extreme, but I can feel it starting to wane along the edges. I was intending to take a couple hits about two hours ago, and instead I cleaned the living room. Lol! Over decarbing made my DDA like speed. Lol!

A quick note before I go back to bed. Yeah, it's one of those days. Sneezed all day yesterday, woke up with a sore throat, congestion, and an awful cough....but that's not the worst of it. AU1 was into the light hood this morning so I tried to gently ease her into a reclining position....broke her neck. No really broke this one. Arrrrgh! Clean through about 5 inches from the top. She now sports some bright blue painter's tape as a bandage, and is bent to hell a couple inches above that. :)

Oh well. It's raining, I'm ill, the gardens are on auto pilot, and the microwave is beeping. Chicken noodle soup for breakfast. :Namaste:

Enjoy your week, :peace:

Your tolerance can't be any more than mine. :cheesygrinsmiley: I run on high-octane cannabis, liberally applied. Lol! That's part of my excitement. If I can get this type of improvement, so can others. I just need more than my manic self proving it happens. Until someone else does (other than BAR, but he's not here these days) I'll keep thinking it's some strange quirk in me.

We're coming up on midnight and I'm just starting to come down from brownies I finished eating at 1:15 this afternoon. Haven't had anything else but that brownie today. I don't think this is just me.

Edit: When I say "starting to come down" that's what I mean. I'm still soaring, reality still shifts every time I move. I am buzzed to the extreme, but I can feel it starting to wane along the edges. I was intending to take a couple hits about two hours ago, and instead I cleaned the living room. Lol! Over decarbing made my DDA like speed. Lol!

I want that brownie recipe!

A quick note before I go back to bed. Yeah, it's one of those days. Sneezed all day yesterday, woke up with a sore throat, congestion, and an awful cough....but that's not the worst of it. AU1 was into the light hood this morning so I tried to gently ease her into a reclining position....broke her neck. No really broke this one. Arrrrgh! Clean through about 5 inches from the top. She now sports some bright blue painter's tape as a bandage, and is bent to hell a couple inches above that. :)

Oh well. It's raining, I'm ill, the gardens are on auto pilot, and the microwave is beeping. Chicken noodle soup for breakfast. :Namaste:

Enjoy your week, :peace:

Chicken soup, excellent choice. Force fluids and rest. We knew the untimate supercropping was a possibility. Now no one's wondering when it'll happen anymore. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Heal! :hug: :love:

Chicken soup, excellent choice. Force fluids and rest. We knew the untimate supercropping was a possibility. Now no one's wondering when it'll happen anymore. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I got a couple nice buds sealed in a mason jar in the oven at 245f and ready to try smoking some decarbed cannabis. By the time the 90 minutes are up I will have had my 24 hour tolerance break so will be ready to give this a try. Now where is that brownie recipe, I want to try your recipe.

I got a couple nice buds sealed in a mason jar in the oven at 245f and ready to try smoking some decarbed cannabis. By the time the 90 minutes are up I will have had my 24 hour tolerance break so will be ready to give this a try. Now where is that brownie recipe, I want to try your recipe.

The Brownie recipe is an overnight affair. You have to make the oil. Add your decarbed bud to 1/3 cup of coconut oil and a tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin. Bake at 245 for an hour. Cool and refrigerate at least six hours. I typically do overnight, but I've been known to push it. :laughtwo:

Take that oil mix, bring it back to liquid - I pop it in the oven on the lowest setting until it does - and add it to you brownie mix. I use one that has caramel drizzled over it, so you get the additional sweetness of that delicious flavor. I use boxed mixes for the convince. Cook and serve.

My brownies are made with 8 grams per pan and I cut them into 16 pieces, usually having two at a time, just because I love the way this feels. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm still flying from the one small piece I had last evening. Haven't had anything other than my balanced ratio caps today and there are times my feet feel like they're not hitting the floor and reality still shifts when I turn my head. Mmmmm....... Sweet! :slide:

The Brownie recipe is an overnight affair. You have to make the oil. Add your decarbed bud to 1/3 cup of coconut oil and a tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin. Bake at 245 for an hour. Cool and refrigerate at least six hours. I typically do overnight, but I've been known to push it. :laughtwo:

Take that oil mix, bring it back to liquid - I pop it in the oven on the lowest setting until it does - and add it to you brownie mix. I use one that has caramel drizzled over it, so you get the additional sweetness of that delicious flavor. I use boxed mixes for the convince. Cook and serve.

My brownies are made with 8 grams per pan and I cut them into 16 pieces, usually having two at a time, just because I love the way this feels. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm still flying from the one small piece I had last evening. Haven't had anything other than my balanced ratio caps today and there are times my feet feel like they're not hitting the floor and reality still shifts when I turn my head. Mmmmm....... Sweet! :slide:
I like the way you cook, 500 mg cannabis per brownie..... I know why you are flying. :rofl: If your bud is 20% then you are getting close to 100 mg per brownie. Well I think that's how it works out, my math stinks these days.

I like the way you cook, 500 mg cannabis per brownie..... I know why you are flying. :rofl: If your bud is 20% then you are getting close to 100 mg per brownie. Well I think that's how it works out, my math stinks these days.

:laughtwo: Now consider that nearly 100 mg more potent. I'm thinking this bud doubled in potency. I've been smoking it for a month, and it never hit like this. Today, one half brownie, and I didn't need it until 6 PM. That means the last one carried me for 24 hours. Hahaha!

I'm sorry, this makes me laugh. I stumbled onto this by mistake, and I don't understand why it does what it does. What I do know is this is the third time it's worked. I intend to make it standard practice before I use my cannabis for anything that will need decarbing, and I include combustion in with that. I do this to bud I smoke. Two hits is all I can manage.

Just like the first scratch on a new vehicle, might as well get it out of the way. :)

24 Hour tolerance break !? :yikes: What the hell is that ? :rofl:

hey Rifle, i hope you dont mind if i sub up. You do nice work.

Welcome to The Roost Cannaruss. Fell free to help yourself to any of the treats sitting around, just don't mess with Roscoe's rubber squeaky newspaper. He's a bit touchy about it. I'd hate to see him crop dust you out of spite instead of love. :biglaugh:

24 Hour tolerance break !? :yikes: What the hell is that ? :rofl:
I knew you would get a laugh out of that. Actually I find it takes a full two days before I notice any difference. Makes it difficult when making tinctures or edibles for others that may not be a daily user. I don't want to put someone into outer space. :rofl:

:laughtwo: Now consider that nearly 100 mg more potent. I'm thinking this bud doubled in potency. I've been smoking it for a month, and it never hit like this. Today, one half brownie, and I didn't need it until 6 PM. That means the last one carried me for 24 hours. Hahaha!

I'm sorry, this makes me laugh. I stumbled onto this by mistake, and I don't understand why it does what it does. What I do know is this is the third time it's worked. I intend to make it standard practice before I use my cannabis for anything that will need decarbing, and I include combustion in with that. I do this to bud I smoke. Two hits is all I can manage.

I tried the decarbed smoked and found it more relaxing but not necessarily higher. I slept like a baby. Just made some peanut butter cookies with some canna coconut oil, but a little bit weaker than your brownies. :laughtwo: My average THC per cookie should only be 25mg per cookie, but I know I will want to eat more just one. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I knew you would get a laugh out of that. Actually I find it takes a full two days before I notice any difference. Makes it difficult when making tinctures or edibles for others that may not be a daily user. I don't want to put someone into outer space. :rofl:

The CEO does not use. She ate a 10mg square of my dark chocolate candy bar and slept for the next five hours. :) Woke up and said "I don't like that shit, I couldn't move." :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I tried the decarbed smoked and found it more relaxing but not necessarily higher. I slept like a baby. Just made some peanut butter cookies with some canna coconut oil, but a little bit weaker than your brownies. :laughtwo: My average THC per cookie should only be 25mg per cookie, but I know I will want to eat more just one. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah I don't like to decarb either it seems to take away the "trippy" aspect and amplify the sleepiness part. I like to go hard and see colors and what not and decarbing takes that away for me for some reason I've tried two different times and the same each time.

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

All the girls got a little drink this morning. They aren't sucking it down like they were a couple of weeks ago, but that's about to change. The SS are starting to go full on bloom, and the AU look to be a week to ten days behind that. Water totals listed below for those that care. The rest of you just looking for pretty photos, check back in a day or two. :rofl:

SS1 +5qts, weekly total since Sunday 10qts

SS2 +3qts, total 5qts

AU1 +4qts, total 8qts

AU2 +5qts, total 10qts

Nothing else is going on other than fighting off this sinus infection. I hope your worlds are green and happy everyday. Peace and harmony y'all, go hug your brother. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom