Ripe1 Grow2 Lunar Planting NYC Turbo Diesel & Cheese CFL & LED In Soil

No, sorry, it's the humidity causing hermies, it's the rectangle vents on the sides for air intake that could because of light leak. They can let light in if I don't close them. So far I always close them between 10 and 11P.M. Lights out at 11P.M. and On at 5 A.M. I wake up at 6:30-7 A.M. The vents are closed with the humidifiers on from 10ish P.M. -11P.M. & from 5.A.M. to 7ish A.M. Sorry for not being clear. Just because you type something, doesn't mean everybody can see what is in your head right? I hate that about communication, especially on the internet or any type not in person. Anyways, I have a humidifier and a vaporizer in there, when I need the humidity down, the vaporizer goes away and so does the high humidity. 29%-40%. If I have the vents open and the inline fan going (always on both until lights off) humidity has been staying at 55%-70% with both the humidifier and the vaporizer on. 70% has usually been from times when the vents close. So for like 3 hours they see 65-70%. Last night they saw 99%. Probably from a fresh refill, more wet soil in there now after transplant & the vents closing. And I'm ranting again!

No, sorry, it's the humidity causing hermies, it's the rectangle vents on the sides for air intake that could because of light leak. They can let light in if I don't close them. So far I always close them between 10 and 11P.M. Lights out at 11P.M. and On at 5 A.M. I wake up at 6:30-7 A.M. The vents are closed with the humidifiers on from 10ish P.M. -11P.M. & from 5.A.M. to 7ish A.M. Sorry for not being clear. Just because you type something, doesn't mean everybody can see what is in your head right? I hate that about communication, especially on the internet or any type not in person. Anyways, I have a humidifier and a vaporizer in there, when I need the humidity down, the vaporizer goes away and so does the high humidity. 29%-40%. If I have the vents open and the inline fan going (always on both until lights off) humidity has been staying at 55%-70% with both the humidifier and the vaporizer on. 70% has usually been from times when the vents close. So for like 3 hours they see 65-70%. Last night they saw 99%. Probably from a fresh refill, more wet soil in there now after transplant & the vents closing. And I'm ranting again!

OK, gotcha. In any case, it sounds like it would be best to water when you first open the vents so there's plenty of time for things to dry out before you close the hatches.

Will do brotha!

Day 19

Hello and what a wonderful Day 19 it is. Temps are staying below 82ºf, usually 79ºf. Humidity has been back to 45-65%. The NYCTDs are supposed to be Sativa dominant, but they look like Indica. We'll see.

A look from above
Top_Shot4.JPG

They're getting a bit taller now
Side_Shot9.JPG

Here's a couple of them a little closer up.
Close_Up51.JPG

Isn't now a good time to LST or Top?

Depends on what shape you want them but I'd top them before anything else because they're photos.
Suggestions for shape and method?

Day 19--right before auto flowering starts--is a great time to top. This log discusses. See how as soon as the plant is topped 8 colas develop.
Scientific's Coconut Coir Dwarf Low Flyer Summer Pot In An Air Pot Grow

I remember that grow. That was one of the first journals I ever read. I still love those home made burlap pot you made! So sick! I wish I would have remembered that before I transplanted. I have some wire fencing around, burlap has to be at the hardware store.

I remember that grow. That was one of the first journals I ever read. I still love those home made burlap pot you made! So sick! I wish I would have remembered that before I transplanted. I have some wire fencing around, burlap has to be at the hardware store.

Oh but they are not Autos though Scientific. Photos.

Suggestions for shape and method?

That's such a personal preference based on how much room you're going to have (grow up or grow out), whether you're going to scrog, etc. I remember reading a journal a while ago (can't remember the user name now) who turned each plant in his tent into 4 identical huge colas. It looked like a zen garden when it was harvest time.

You'll have a few transplants so one of them can be Sci's homemade burlap pots!

I have some wire fencing around, burlap has to be at the hardware store.

Here's the latest homemade air pot. The burlap came from a costume store this time, not a recycled coffee bag, so the burlap isn't as heavy. The pot is a plastic "woven" basket from Target. It holds 26 liters of coco. Scaling up! ;) (That's the perlite drainage layer at the bottom.)

Pot46.JPG

Here's the latest homemade air pot. The burlap came from a costume store this time, not a recycled coffee bag, so the burlap isn't as heavy. The pot is a plastic "woven" basket from Target. It holds 26 liters of coco. Scaling up! ;) (That's the perlite drainage layer at the bottom.)

Whatcha gonna be growing in it? And will it be another summer patio grow?

Whatcha growing gonna be growing in it? And will it be another summer patio grow?

It's going to be an indoor White Widow grow using a prototype of a system to automatically water the plants on the patio next summer so I can take a vacation without having them all die. The six gallon pot is kind of overkill but what the hell.

Back
Top Bottom