Ripe1 Grow#1 - Cheese Auto In Soil Tent LED Fall 2017

Thanks guys! I most certainly could not have done it without your input! I'd say you are both are right on the money with the final weight. I was guessing 25-30grams as I am sure close to 10 of those 117 grams is stems. I still can't believe it. I give Shed shit for telling me to throw it out because of both grams, but I was right there with him. I was going to throw it out. I still don't know why I didn't, but I am glad I still have it. It just doesn't make any sense. It was full of just 3 leaf branches. I am glad I listened with flooring it with nutes though! Nice call there Shed! Next time I do an Auto Cheese, I am going to harvest the tops first as the bottoms looked like they could use at least another week. She was already out of the ground after I found that out. There was no other way to know. You literally couldn't ever get to the bottom of this plant after LST started. I learned a lot about that too. Mission accomplished boys! I learned and got some aromatic, dense and resinous meds! The dispensary is going to be getting less of my money now! AMS will be getting more!

the bottoms looked like they could use at least another week. She was already out of the ground after I found that out. There was no other way to know. You literally couldn't ever get to the bottom of this plant after LST started.
Funny that you say that because my winter outdoor autos, Blueberry in particular, did the same thing. I think there is a pic of the pale green under-buds that I didn't know existed until I cut the plant and flipped it over.

In both of our cases, I think it was the lack of "vertical" growth in veg that made it so tough to get enough plant to stretch out and open the bottom. We both had issues early on that created that. That's my guess, and it's definitely something to look out for if it happens that way again.

I'll bet you're right. She didn't do shit during veg. Didn't you still get like 300 grams off of that one though?

congrats my guesstimate is 25g ;)
On the nuts Pt, I probably smoked 2 or 3 grams of from the bottom of it. So I might have been at an ounce, but what I weighed said 25 grams. We did hit the 2 hours being stoned mark with it. That's good. I'm going to hold off on the final smoke report until they are cured to my satisfaction. I'm happy.

Thanks guys! I most certainly could not have done it without your input! I'd say you are both are right on the money with the final weight. I was guessing 25-30grams as I am sure close to 10 of those 117 grams is stems. I still can't believe it. I give Shed shit for telling me to throw it out because of both grams, but I was right there with him. I was going to throw it out. I still don't know why I didn't, but I am glad I still have it. It just doesn't make any sense. It was full of just 3 leaf branches. I am glad I listened with flooring it with nutes though! Nice call there Shed! Next time I do an Auto Cheese, I am going to harvest the tops first as the bottoms looked like they could use at least another week. She was already out of the ground after I found that out. There was no other way to know. You literally couldn't ever get to the bottom of this plant after LST started. I learned a lot about that too. Mission accomplished boys! I learned and got some aromatic, dense and resinous meds! The dispensary is going to be getting less of my money now! AMS will be getting more!
eat -sleep-grow-REPEAT

A little update here. 14 days have passed since I chopped. I just opened the jar for another burp. They say you either get diesel or fruity for a smell with Cheese. We are starting to get strong or hints of both, mostly sweet/fruity though. The diesel smell is more like an after taste an not yet apparent in the taste. The sweet is though!

Smoke Report!

The Time has come. The Cheese has cured. Smoke Report! How did it turn out? I'm almost on my last jar already. It turned out to be a very dense bud with too many trichomes already, and when you break it open there is even more inside. The sweet sugar smell is very apparent when you open the jar and gets stronger when you crack the nug open.

After you scrape all of the transparent dust off of your fingers into the loaded bowl, I taste I had long forgotten came back to me. Great Weed! The smell certainly reflects the taste. The Diesel smell tapered off through cure but is in there enough to bite your nose when you put it in the jar. So far, nothing about this strain reminds me of any cheese I've encountered, food, weed or otherwise. This should be called The Dentist's Dream because not only is it very sweet tasting, the munchies it brings could fall an entire grocery store chain! I've been trying to cut back on sweets and this does not help matters one bit.

The high is sort of complex. Being a strain that has a little Sativa in it, the high starts out pretty aggressive, consistently instant. Every time and every smoker. First with the heartbeat picking up and some relaxed breathing. It reminds me of a strain that if you have panic attacks you shouldn't smoke it, but you just get so relaxed, even though your heart is racing, that I think it would be very good for folks with anxiety because it gets very fun and funny after that. This is the first reason I call it a complex high. After about 10 minutes you've pretty well gotten through the heart race part and the "energetic hour" as it has become known around here. That's the time to get the tent clean and watered and all of that. What a fun hour it is. If engaged in a good time, you'll no doubt end up laughing childishly hard, especially around the right people.

After the energetic hour the relaxation comes back. Not like couch lock but general peace and a feeling of well-being overtakes. It is a good time to slow things down and give them proper consideration. A great time to meditate or reflect. Thoughts seem clearer and there is not so much of the Indica haze. This is the second reason I think it is complex.

Now the third reminds me of how ATF can really bite you in the ass when too much has been consumed, which I was lucky enough to be reminded of over at Dabbs place, what a perfect example. If you smoke two bowls, everything I just said changes a bit. The energetic hour splits and becomes a half to 45 mins tops, then you get fucking sleepy! The relaxing feeling is there too, but night night to you!

I've had a couple of people tell me that it is not the best before bed and I can see why. The energy hour can make a person who has a wandering mind hence trouble sleeping stay awake an hour longer than intended. They probably only smoked one bowl knowing them (crack on the light weights!) so they were only a few puffs away from the cure but I'd still not recommend smoking it less than an hour before bed unless you plan to use it to knock you out and not enjoy the high. Probably two hours to be safe.

I wish I could offer more on how you should grow this but it was my first indoor grow so I can only offer advice on what not to do on this strain. I will list the don'ts followed by a plant cost to me.

Don't:

-Hit it with too much light as a seedling, that goes for all seedlings. -2 plants
-Let your fan fall on it -1 Plant
-Let anybody drop a screwdriver on it -1plant
-Be inexperienced when you transplant it. -1plant
On a more serious note, especially indoors, Cheese needs more Cal and Mag than recommended. I have my regular Cheese going now and it is the same boat. I can't seem to give them enough. The Petioles, Veins and everything that can turn purple except for the buds, did! They still are on the regular Cheese. The day I chopped this it was deficient. Next point, Don't freak out if this is the case. I was still lucky enough to grow a plant that got called too strong twice by non lightweight smokers. Don't freak out too much over anything wrong in the tent. Shed spent most of the first two months of the grow telling me to chill and stop overthinking and now I know why. It's all fine!

Now things I know worked. Do:

-Let the roomie take over the stunted remaining plant and give it some Christmas Cheer so that when you come back from Holiday, it it 2xs bigger than when you left.
-Give it tons of Cal Mag indoors
-LST it it the main reason I got an ounce and not an 1/8th
-Flush twice while growing in soil.
-A good and patient cure (in my opinion lasts a minimum of 1 month) Having the opportunity to taste a smoke along the cure process, purely for scientific purposes and not due in any part to being impatient:battingeyelashes:, I was scared shitless until the end of week 3 of the cure that I had done something wrong be it drying too fast, not flushing before harvest or whatever. No, it just wasn't cured. It's cured now and since the hour of energy has elapsed writing this, I bid you adieu. I have more things to do and it is not time to relax yet! If I've left anything out, please let a MahFk know! Thanks again for all of your help guys! I couldn't have even gotten here without your help! :ganjamon::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom