Some of the tops got abused from being pushed in and out of shelter. My bad as I thought over 4 1/2 feet would be enough. But, the colder evening temps are giving the leaves a darker color. Really pretty.

OutsideChoc_09252021.jpg

OutsideChoc2_09252021.jpg

And there's the remaining inside plant. One of them started dying last week and didn't stop. I think it was how I super cropped it and made the branches vulnerable to breakage, but now I just have one indoor plant. I finally got her to more than 75% light. Her leaves don't look good, but the light damage stopped. She's stacking and healthy for now.

InsideChoc_09252021.jpg

InsideChoc2_09252021.jpg

I'm thinking of my next grow as I'll need to get ramped up soon. The chocs are sativa, of course, and I need more diversity if I'm going to give up dispensaries. I'll do a combo of indica and hybrid. Probably 4 plants to fill up the space. I guess I need to make sure they have same range of height so I don't run into light problems. I plan to get the seeds in the next week or two and start them under my T5 and let them veg until the choc in my tent is done. I'll start a new journal for that... maybe :)

Purpling looks great, and considering all the ups and downs of your first grow I'd say you'll end up with a lot of lessons and some excellent bud!

If you're planning on putting four plants in there next grow make sure you take a look at the one you have in there now. One plant can easily fill a 4x4. :)

Smaller pots and a shorter veg will be the way to go, as well as training within the pot rather than wide and flat. Can't wait to see grow #2!

Thank you Shed! I have learned a lot and you've been very patient. I'm very grateful!

In my next grow I will be using 5 gallon pots and vegging for about 6 weeks., but when you say, "training within the pot" are you referring to LST? I'm entirely done with autos, so these will be feminized.

Weather this week is colder and a lot of rain. Mostly Low 60s day and 47-52 at night. I let her get rained on this morning to remove insecticide and diatomaceous earth. Going to try and get her inside the door for a few hours to dry off before putting her to bed this evening. I'm running out good weather and hope I don't have to harvest too soon. :nervous-guy:

I hope it warms up for you!

Okay, many minutes! Here is the quadline tutorial that Dutchman did a while back. He squeezes a lot of plants in a small space like this:
full
Oh wow, that's amazing!!!!! I was thinking of SOG as I can do that if I keep it 12 plants or under, but it might be too much for my noob brain. This looks like a much better and rational choice. Thank you for sharing!

Curious though - how does being that close to the light not resulting in burning it? Looks like and LED.

They get used to it over time. As they grow taller the lux they're getting goes up, and as long as you keep track of your tops (visually mostly, but a lux meter will help) they won't burn.

A SOG is usually done with all the same strain (often clones) in very small pots (some use soda bottles) and they're flipped young to create one top each. A whole different way of growing!

They get used to it over time. As they grow taller the lux they're getting goes up, and as long as you keep track of your tops (visually mostly, but a lux meter will help) they won't burn.

A SOG is usually done with all the same strain (often clones) in very small pots (some use soda bottles) and they're flipped young to create one top each. A whole different way of growing!
So, using that method I could do 4 plants in 5 gallon smart pots, but keeping the plant within in pot diameter.

Got my digital microscope so I can see trichomes closer and take pictures. Almost threw it out the window already, but here goes. This is the inside of a bud that fell off the top yesterday. There's some funky brown things and I can't tell if they are damaged trichomes or just crap that got caught in the bud. The trichomes still look mostly glass like so not ready yet. Agree? ty!

OutsideChocTrichomes_10022021.jpg

OutsideChocTrichomes2_10022021.jpg

Is this the inside or outside plant? I can't tell what those long brown things are but I can tell that there's been a bit of damage done to that bud. A lot of the trichome heads have been knocked off making it hard to get a gauge of how ripe the plant is.

Why did this one fall off the top...rot? Can you snip off something lower down and scope that one instead. You can also smoke it as tester when it dries, as that will also give you an idea as to its ripeness.

Is this the inside or outside plant? I can't tell what those long brown things are but I can tell that there's been a bit of damage done to that bud. A lot of the trichome heads have been knocked off making it hard to get a gauge of how ripe the plant is.

Why did this one fall off the top...rot? Can you snip off something lower down and scope that one instead. You can also smoke it as tester when it dries, as that will also give you an idea as to its ripeness.
Yeah, that's a top bud from the outside plant that got knocked off by accident. Definitely damaged. I really can't wait for this plant to be done.

While I'm waiting for my grow to be done, I got seeds from the weedseeds peeps. They are very generous and gave me 5 free Godfather OG feminized. I've been reading the quadline thread and will be using that method. It's sort of what I did to my big chocs a few months ago without intending to.

Back
Top Bottom