Ripe1 Grow2 Lunar Planting NYC Turbo Diesel & Cheese CFL & LED In Soil

By the way, welcome TheMadDabber! :welcome: I am happy you are here! You should enjoy the ride, there is no shortage of drama in my journals. It will be nice to have somebody else here to work out the kinks in my grow with Shed and I.
Glad to tag along. You get the burn figured out?

Yes, MadDab knows way more than I do about indoor growing so having him on board is most excellent. :thumb:
Agreed! I've noticed a good bit of sound advise from both of you on many different threads! Now where is Scientific speaking of which?

Agreed! I've noticed a good bit of sound advise from both of you on many different threads! Now where is Scientific speaking of which?
FAQs about molasses.... trying to say they didn't notice a difference using it. BLASPHEMY! Lol idk I use it

Glad to tag along. You get the burn figured out?

I am confident I did. I was an idiot and let my Vapor-Fryer spit hot fire like the five greatest rappers of all time (Dylon, Dylon, Dylon, Dylon & Dylon) on my plants. Look back at my 1/4/18 updates. You can see it pointing right at them. On page 2 you can see the damage. New growth continues to be vigorous though and the ones that were hit, were hit, turned brown and I'll take them off during flower. However, right under those brown leaves (older ones) new branches are already coming out. This is going so much better than my last grow though. I got off really easy on this one.

Or fans, or screw drivers, or light burn, or just bad seeds! I am starting to be suspicious of that batch.

Or fans, or screw drivers, or light burn, or just bad seeds! I am starting to be suspicious of that batch.
What a nightmare! You are the Murphy's law of indoor gardeners eh?

What a nightmare! You are the Murphy's law of indoor gardeners eh?

My first 2 grows were. My first one was in a green house, i didn't even know about the forum, or anything really. That poor girl saw temperatures in there above 100ºF. I got 14 grams off of that that didn't smell or get you high. Well the sugar leaves somehow got me nice and stoned and happier than I've ever felt off of some reef. The buds...leave me wanting more. My second grow is my first on here. It's only 3 pages and on here so if you want a quick 10 minute jester laugh go read it. While I made my share of mistakes in there for sure, I think the seeds were just questionable. They were free from AMS. They were Auto Cheese and from the first set of leaves they just burned as soon as they came out. I have one dwarf left of those and that thing smells in the best way! I'll be lucky to get an 1/8th off of it, but I'm the kind of guy that has to see my dedications through.

Day14 and I think I'm right where I want to be. It's time to transplant so I am trying to gather the last things I need to do so. It's looking like Friday is going to be the day. The moon won't be waxing yet, but it will be shortly after. Also, I am going to try to find some smaller pots around town to up-pot to instead of going straight to 7 gallons this time. It occurred to me that I have recovery time back on my side since these aren't autos.

Cheese 3 has lost the bottom leaves but the top ones seem to be making an effort toward recovery. Hopefully the roots are getting reestablished from being pulled on. I popped Cheese4's little Coty-head off (plant violence not pictured) in an attempt to help it along it's journey out of the shell. Oh well. That's one way to thin them out. Lastly, I am going to test the little ones, (and myself), to see when I should be watering. During the scare with the vapor, I had a few folks tell me I was over watering. I started reading. I want to see when they droop a little and give off a smell. I've never had either really, just the old finger in the soil test. I usually water the every 2-3 days. I am going to see when they tell me.

Ariel Flyby
Ariel.JPG

Cheeses'z'es
Cheese117.JPG

Cheese215.JPG

Cheese310.JPG

Cheese410.JPG

Cheese510.JPG

And the NYCTurboDeisels
NYCTurboDeisel1.JPG

NYCTurboDeisel2.JPG

NYCTurboDeisel3.JPG

NYCTurboDeisel4.JPG

NYCTurboDeisel5.JPG

MarijuanArt
MarijuanArt.JPG

Wow that node spacing is nice and tight, so they are loving the light!

Right on right? They are so tight together.

It's hard to correctly water a pot that's too big for the root system.

I was reading that. So what is the "correct" way to water a pot that is too big. Like the autos, do you just hit the center root ball, just the parameter of the foliage or is Cannabis like most trees where their root system is twice as far out as the foliage? I know my summer plant was watered wrong as it's roots just went straight down. Not much going no on the sides. You've probably read this:
The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant

He doesn't outline how to do it in there, probably for the same reason you said, It's hard to correctly do it. It's like using nymphs when you are fly fishing, when it's under the surface, unless you exactly what you are doing & how your supposed to present the fly, you are just sitting there jerking your line and rod around. you might catch a fish, but it's gonna be small. Gerbils!

I'm not, I am just going do do some more autos this spring.

Alright! Day 16/TRANSPLANT DAY (yesterday)

Let me start by saying what everybody knows. Those plants were headed straight to root bound. Two of them looked like they had just reached the bottom. They all have some huge root systems going on. That's good. I am trying to grow roots! Bad news though,(this is a Ripe1 thread right?) I live in a small town. Now the good news! I went to get 1 gallon pots yesterday, NO DICE! So I bought paint can liners and some tape and grabbed the drill and made my own while I wait for the fabric ones to come. Literally only bought myself a week or 2. But they have some leg room for now so I'll wait until they get acclimated, recover from transplanting & I'll do it again.
Some Pics!

Cheese118.JPG

Cheese216.JPG

Help decide, to transplant or not. Was it the Vaporizer or is it pot bound?
Cheese311.JPG

I like the lone leaf on this one! even though I plucked off one of the Cotyledons, it decided to come out anyways.
Cheese411.JPG

Cheese511.JPG

NYCTD11.JPG

NYCTD2.JPG

NYCTD31.JPG

NYCTD4.JPG

NYCTD51.jpg

These Photos were from last night when I finished the Job with the Roomie. He has helped so much, I thought he should get to help. I turned one of the light switches off for the rest of the night and this morning. They seem un-phased so far. I'll probably turn the other 2 bulbs back on tomorrow. May be today, we'll see. I am not sure how long they want subdued light for after transplanting. It seems like they don't care. What do you think?

Well, I'm off to get some pics of how they are today. Happy Friday all!

Oh F#$%'n A! Now all they dudes are here! Welcome Scientific! A grow can't go wrong if you have InTheShed, TheMadDabber, Scientific and UrbanAchiever in the Mah' F#$%'n Journal!

As promised, more photos! I forgot to mention that I gave 3ml per gallon of water; CalMag, BioRoots, & BioWeed early in the day Thursday. The plants are lloking great today. Especially NYCTD4, she was a star, drooped from the solo cup, and now she is back in the game with her leaves starting to stand up again!. The light is still on 2 bulbs. I noticed the humidity went to 99% last night after I sealed the tent. Usually I leave the 2 side flaps open in a triangle shape on both sides for air intake. The humidity usually goes up to like 70% when I shut the flaps at night for the last 1/2 hour to an hour, (so I don't forget before I go to bed, I don't want anymore Hermies!), but it looks like it went to 99%. Wanna bring clones over guys? I have an LED we can blast the f#$% out of them with! LOL!

Commune.JPG

Cheese of a Cracker!
Cheese119.JPG

Cheese217.JPG

Cheese312.JPG

Cheese412.JPG

Cheese512.JPG

NYCTDs

N117.JPG

N213.JPG

N310.JPG

N47.JPG

N54.JPG

If you see something I am not noticing, please chime in. Have a good weekend!

I noticed the humidity went to 99% last night after I sealed the tent. Usually I leave the 2 side flaps open in a triangle shape on both sides for air intake. The humidity usually goes up to like 70% when I shut the flaps at night for the last 1/2 hour to an hour, (so I don't forget before I go to bed, I don't want anymore Hermies!), but it looks like it went to 99%.

Those humidity numbers are ranging from tropical to downright swampy. I haven't heard of excess humidity causing hermaphroiditism, but it can cause mold, so you'll probably want to get that under control, especially when flowering starts, no?

Back
Top Bottom