Ripe1 Grow2 Lunar Planting NYC Turbo Diesel & Cheese CFL & LED In Soil

ok ... on the groupshot the 4 to the right are in need of bigger pots they look totally rootbound to me (blades look droopy whilst the leafstems still stand upright) they also look a bit N heavy ... maybe its caused by the rootbound ... basically from the looks they could all use a transplant ... now these are auto and may react badly to a transplant

The dying leafs on the bottom is normal senescence (natural decay of oldest leafs it basically means the plant is using all the mobile elements before the leaf dies of) it can be postponed on other leafs by adding a bit N to the nutrients ... it usually happens to leafs that dont catch much light and it starts from the bottom up ...

C1 definately has thrips ... that silvery wrinkly damage track is typical thrip damage ... and since they are together they all probably will have already infected or soon will be

NY3 looks like damage the very young leafs sustained during the topping and it grew into holes as the leaf grew bigger

the rest i cant determin from that far away

and about the bugs the fungus gnats can be easely treated by putting a layer of fine sand 1/2-3/4 inch thick on the soil surface that prevents adults to burrow down to lay eggs and hatched adults to burrow out from the soil ... best do the same on the bottom of their new pots for the thrips you need Neem now that you still can ( before flower) and especially aim to bottom of leafs cause there is where the thrips live ...

about that assasin bug or whatever it is ill get back to you if i can correctly identify it ... i can tell its none of those you posted hehe

That leaf is either N or Fe, or just an original leaf dying off. See if it progresses up the plant at all. If it does it's probably N. The chomp damage to your leaves looks minimal to me even though it's driving you crazy. Keep fighting the good fight and get a tighter mesh screen for your intake vents.

And pull up your socks.

When does the calendar say transplant day is? Did the pots finally arrive?

Thanks Shed, Sunday the moon enters the Twins, Flower Day at 2 P.M. and stays there until 5 P.M. Monday. Monday at 9 A.M. is the Norther Transplant Time since the moon starts to wane. The Pots and glasses did arrive 2 days ago. I'll work on the screen and try not to let these butt holes drive me crazy.

ok ... on the groupshot the 4 to the right are in need of bigger pots they look totally rootbound to me (blades look droopy whilst the leafstems still stand upright) they also look a bit N heavy ... maybe its caused by the rootbound ... basically from the looks they could all use a transplant ... now these are auto and may react badly to a transplant

The dying leafs on the bottom is normal senescence (natural decay of oldest leafs it basically means the plant is using all the mobile elements before the leaf dies of) it can be postponed on other leafs by adding a bit N to the nutrients ... it usually happens to leafs that dont catch much light and it starts from the bottom up ...

C1 definately has thrips ... that silvery wrinkly damage track is typical thrip damage ... and since they are together they all probably will have already infected or soon will be

NY3 looks like damage the very young leafs sustained during the topping and it grew into holes as the leaf grew bigger

the rest i cant determin from that far away

and about the bugs the fungus gnats can be easely treated by putting a layer of fine sand 1/2-3/4 inch thick on the soil surface that prevents adults to burrow down to lay eggs and hatched adults to burrow out from the soil ... best do the same on the bottom of their new pots for the thrips you need Neem now that you still can ( before flower) and especially aim to bottom of leafs cause there is where the thrips live ...

about that assasin bug or whatever it is ill get back to you if i can correctly identify it ... i can tell its none of those you posted hehe

You are right Pt, they are root bound. I saw roots at the bottom a few days a go. Today I saw quite a few more. I did not know "blades looking droopy whilst the leafstems still stand upright" was a sign to transplant. Good to know. I was going to see if they stood up a bit more after their drink. However, they are not autos. I have an auto Cheese away from them under an LED. I am planning to flush the soil today. They could use a drink.

As far as the thrips go, I'll get some sand. I'll also Neem them tonight at lights out.

NYC3, well that is a relief. I thought I was loosing leaf to a muncher. I still may be as some old leaves on others have munch signs too. I'll keep a watchful eye. That was the main reason for so many pics today. I want to have hard evidence of the progression of these trials.

Thank you both!

I totally agree. DE is on the way soon. Always with the hurry up and wait.

that bug proves difficult to determine ... i am going to need real macros to pull this off and a closer look at the underside too ... for the mouthparts and leg morphology heh ... this is the biggest insect family after all ... 40.000 different species ... that we now of

There might be a few dead ones in the windowsill, I'll see if I can dig up a couple decent samples for you. I wish I could take you guys out to dinner!

Here's the best I can do with an ipad and my loupe. The "Most Recent Casualty"/MRC is the one that I killed outside my tent the other night. The rest were found in the windowsill. CSI unleashed in this Beeeaotch! Pt, do you have a preferred site/sites you find accurate in identifying these bugs for my own future reference?
Most_Recent_Casualty.jpg

IMG_039551.JPG

IMG_038458.jpg

IMG_038163.JPG

IMG_039056.jpg

Since after October at least, except for the one that was killed a couple of nights ago. When we moved into this house last summer, those things were everywhere. I vacuumed this sills twice since then, and it seems they just keep falling. Probably with all of the loud music around rattling things up. Some of those could have been dead for years, but it's what I could find until a new live one rears it's little head for volunteer work.

Looks pretty desiccated already. How long have those been dead?

MRC over here went all Lieutenant Dan on me and lost his legs and antennae in the War of January (Me)!

No worries Pt. Thank you for you help in this. As always, Thank you too Shed and TMD! You guys have steered me right so far, I think I'll be successful in the long run with you guys in my corner.

I wish I had a bigger space. Being hunched over to treat the plants every three days on top of having multiple limbs ache from years of damage caused by Hemophilia is going to be tough. I am going to have to figure out a more handicap accessible layout in there. Wow! It's time for Meds. Meds and a long come to Jesus with my layout. Good Night.

Day 32

Good Morning everyone. Last night hurt. I am feeling a little better after some rest. The young 'uns are feeling better after some water, but you 3 are definitely right about the transplant needed. I gave them a flush last night. I have a couple questions about flushing; Those paint can liners are 1 quart. I have 8 of them now and put a full gallon of Ph'd water with SNS209 into them last night and there was a good bit of run-off. I watered to twice the amount of run-off than I normally do which is about 10-20%. Should I do more water than that when I flush?

Also, I've read in the bible that you should flush with a mild and complete nutrient solution. I didn't do that. I just used water and SNS209. What do you guys and gals do when you flush? Should I water with nutrients today? One last thing. Gee, back on the other grow reminded me that the SNS stuff is going to be killing my Mycorrhizae. Since I am going to be adding it to the soil and foliage for a while, what do I do about the Mycorrhizae situation? Wait until the pests are gone? Keep adding it? What am I not considering because of inexperience. I realize some of these questions are probably simple to most of you, but please bare in mind that I am pretty new still and when you're new, you can't always see the next dot you are supposed to be connecting. Bong rips guys! Edit:
Cheese1_N_Def.jpg

Cheese_5_N_Def.jpg

Standing_Tall2.jpg

Need_to_Transplant.jpg

Edit: Pics...Duh!!!

Excellent work Pt! I'd give you rep points for that but I just did for an different post :).

Ripe, you have a problem. Deciding to transplant according to celestial bodies is now harming your plants more than doing it "at the correct time" ever would have helped them. This is why I said from the outset that it's better to listen to your plants over lining up plant-related activities with the moon et al. Great in theory, obv not good in practice.

I can't remember what SNS209 is but if it's killing your mykos, don't add any until your done using it. Also, I flush with plain water and then the last water run through is nutes.

Back
Top Bottom