Roots edge of cup

Jhuck

So,my plant is only 11 days old , but I planted it in a clear solo cup, with a dark one on the outside , to check progress, sure enough I can see root edges growing against the wall of the cup, should I transplant it immediately to a one gallon even though it only has two good leaf sets?

So,my plant is only 11 days old , but I planted it in a clear solo cup, with a dark one on the outside , to check progress, sure enough I can see root edges growing against the wall of the cup, should I transplant it immediately to a one gallon even though it only has two good leaf sets?
absolutely not! At least make an attempt at building a rootball at this first stage before bailing. I don't transplant until the roots are strong enough to be able to drain every bit of water I can get that cup to hold, in 24-36 hours. Until it can do that, it stays where it is.

When the sides of the cup look mostly white it will be time to up-pot. Wont take as long as you might think. Take a pic of the roots now & then don't look at your roots for 3 days. Then compare & you will notice quite a difference. When you look all the time it makes you think things are growing slower then they actually are. It's a mind thing I guess.... lol.

I transpotted to a gallon pot when my most recent plants looked like this. And I probably could've waited another week.

B2-062121.jpeg

When the sides of the cup look mostly white it will be time to up-pot. Wont take as long as you might think. Take a pic of the roots now & then don't look at your roots for 3 days. Then compare & you will notice quite a difference. When you look all the time it makes you think things are growing slower then they actually are. It's a mind thing I guess.... lol.
Ok, will do, holding off till I see more.

Just take your time with it. Rushing it will only cause problems.
Yup! That was my first mistake. I transplanted from cups to 1 gallon pots way too soon and that led to over watering early on. It probably set the grow back a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom