Sauga's First WW Indoor Grow, LED Style

The pics will show damage from old and new. The old damage has spotting on it where my new concerns is the new growth with the yellowing. The yellowing on the old growth with the spots could be the leaf dying from old damage, but the new growth shows the same. Penny if you recall the first signs of pH issues you noticed a Ca def, where now it shows as either dying leaves or N def. The Ca seems to have disappeared once the pH was adjusted.

On a different sight, they have some pics similar to yours and claim it to be a calcium deficiency, did you try some additives or just the ph balancing?
Hi Wookie, thanks for sharing your information. At the beginning there definately was a Ca lockout, due to pH fluctuations. Since I've been pH at 6.5 the new growth has not shown any signs of Ca def. The older leaves still shows signs of that but more of a pH issue if you look at the red spots throughout, the twisting leaves etc. What I am seeing now is more of a N def, where the tips are yellowing and working their way inwards. Some of the new growth also shows sign oh pH issue again when you look at the end twist, yet every batch of water is tested at 6.5.
Recently I add blood and bone meal, tea form, 15mL over 4L, and watered in. 7-7-0 plus had 6% Ca and Iron as well. I'm not convinced it's Ca def and my pH still mucking around. I'm trying to stabilize her now by adding nutes which I didn't want to do, so I gave her 2mL of AN's pH Perfect.
Again thanks for the info. I'm not going to discard it being a Ca def but I would like to hear some more opinions before adding things that may make it worse.

I could use some advice guys on the plant problem. There is a bit of a history behind it and feel free to ask any questions or go back and catch up. Either way I'm here for the evening.
Thanks @Pennywise @Mr. Krip @Blew Hiller @Van Stank

Overall, your plants look real healthy to me! :welldone:

I can definitely see the signs of the former deficiency in the older growth, but the new stuff I'm seeing looks good. Even the mild damage I'm seeing is on 7 and 9-fingered leaves, so I don't think she's that stressed. Are you seeing problems in the new growth? Can you provide some pics just focusing in on that? Do the issues seem to be getting worse to you, or better?

Oh...I went back a little further and see the concern is the twisted and burnt tips on the new growth...It may be too much nutes or too much lights/heat. If you were doing heavy feeding to try to cure the CA deficiency, it would explain it.

Can you provide some pics just focusing in on that? Do the issues seem to be getting worse to you, or better?
That last pic of the 9 pointer is a close up of new growth. The edges look slightly off but not sharp like the Ca def I was used to seeing. Looking at point 2 and 4 clockwise from the top, you can see the margins or edges starting to discolor.
I don't think it's getting better, but not getting worse. Each new growth looks great then after a couple of days it starts to lose it's beauty, just not happy looking

Oh...I went back a little further and see the concern is the twisted and burnt tips on the new growth...It may be too much nutes or too much lights. If you were doing heavy feeding to try to cure the CA deficiency, it would explain it.
The only feeding it got was compost tea from my homemade bin. Not ACT, just my own way of making it, which is on one of my earlier pages.
Just now it has gotten 2 ml of AN ph Perfect, but that's the only time. Recently as well a light blood and bone meal tea, 7-7-0

That last pic of the 9 pointer is a close up of new growth. The edges look slightly off but not sharp like the Ca def I was used to seeing. Looking at point 2 and 4 clockwise from the top, you can see the margins or edges starting to discolor.
I don't think it's getting better, but not getting worse. Each new growth looks great then after a couple of days it starts to lose it's beauty, just not happy looking

The only feeding it got was compost tea from my homemade bin. Not ACT, just my own way of making it, which is on one of my earlier pages.
Just now it has gotten 2 ml of AN ph Perfect, but that's the only time. Recently as well a light blood and bone meal tea, 7-7-0

Well, in this pic, the leaf on the right/center/front appears to have a slight Mag deficiency, and it appears to be some older growth:

full

The mag deficiency would be common with a CA deficiency, especially if you were using R/O and not adding Cal-Mag or had PH lockout. Assuming you're treating the Cal deficiency, whatever you're adding likely also has Magnesium, or the correction in PH should take care of it, if it was a PH issue.

Plant is outside now for the last week and a half. It's been hot and humid. Came from the tent prior to that so I'm sure she stressed a bit.

It's very possible the leaf curling is because it's just stressed from the heat outside if it's not accustomed to the temp difference, again, assuming there is one!
:goodluck:

Well, in this pic, the leaf on the right/center/front appears to have a slight Mag deficiency, and it appears to be some older growth
Yes that was the one I was referring to...I'm not sure why I said it was new growth..sorry for the confusion on that.

The mag deficiency would be common with a CA deficiency, especially if you were using R/O and not adding Cal-Mag or had PH lockout. Assuming you're treating the Cal deficiency, whatever you're adding likely also has Magnesium, or the correction in PH should take care of it, if it was a PH issue.
Mostly spot on. I am using collected rain water in a barrel as my base. Haven't used CalMag at all. I did apply some Dolomite Lime, tea form, shortly after the pH lockout. I used it as a foliar spray one time and watered in 3L mixed at 5mL/4L. That as you know has Magnesium. Again that was the only time. I was aware that the plant wouldn't absorb the Ca during lockout and I didn't want to add too much then have it suck it all up once the lockout cleared. They are in 7 gal fab pots.

That 7-7-0 might be a little hot on the nitrogen but I wouldn't worry about it. The plant is healthy other than that. Let her do her thing.
Thanks Derbybud, I'm thinking the same thing. The last bunch of pics you can see all kinds of weird things happening at different locations.

Her next feed only give them half of what you think they need and see what happens
Honestly I'm trying not to feed her. I was hoping my soil had enough nutrients in it to keep her happy. I have some organic nutes enroute from Cali called Mega Crop and it contains everything I think the plant will need during the flower. I just don't know when it's going to get here. I've been adding worm castings to the top couple of inches, no compost added since the initial few days and rain water. So if it makes sense to you I just want to hold off on the feeding altogether. I was hoping by the pics it was lacking in a certain nutrient and I could attack the issue that way, but I don't think it's as simple as that anymore.

Less is more right? Seems to me like the rainwater should kinda level the playing field in preparation for the megacrop. Then they will be ready to take what need. Just my uneducated thoughts on it. Lol

Back
Top Bottom