Scissors

Jackalope

Ok what are the best scissors out there for manicuring. Small sewing scissors is all I have been using. What are you using? Is there a better product out there? Any suggestions?

Ok what are the best scissors out there for manicuring. Small sewing scissors is all I have been using. What are you using? Is there a better product out there? Any suggestions?
I've seen a lot of fiskars small pruning scissors in pictures. They are spring loaded, so much easier to deal with.

I have something similar (not those exact ones) but haven't used them yet.

Something like below:

I use a couple of different pairs and found I like the curved ones a little better, but use them equally. One soaks in alcohol while I use the other.
Hydrofarm HGPP400C Precision Curved Blade Pruner
and
Chikamasa Stainless steel Grape Scissors B-500S

I use a couple of different pairs and found I like the curved ones a little better, but use them equally. One soaks in alcohol while I use the other.
Hydrofarm HGPP400C Precision Curved Blade Pruner
and
Chikamasa Stainless steel Grape Scissors B-500S
I could see the advantage to the curved blade....that is a great idea.

I may have to get the grape scissors too.....

and Semper Fi back!

I have both curved and straight. Still can't do the alcohol thing. I know it works great. Seen it action helping a friend manicure. Still I love my scissor hash. Got a small Tupperware container just for it. I never smoke it all but it is some of my best hash. It even seems stronger then the ice hash I make.
I will have to look into those spring loaded ones. Nothing can save me. I got plants that need to be done now. That is why I am here wasting time lol. If I would have made it back to this post in time I would have had time to order new ones in time. So the fault is all mine. Thanks though I can still get them coming.

I've seen a lot of fiskars small pruning scissors in pictures. They are spring loaded, so much easier to deal with.

I have something similar (not those exact ones) but haven't used them yet.

Something like below:

I had a really good pair of scissors, that I got at the local grow shop. They were my favorite and I lost them. I have looked everywhere and this sounds crazy, but I think I buried them with a pile of stems and stalks.
I got lucky and found these fiskars at the local Walmart. I was shocked that they sold them and very happy to get a pair to help me in a pinch.
They are very sharp and do a great job. The spring is really strong, may be too strong because they are not that comfortable at first. After one plant, they become more manageable because they are covered with resins and easier to use.

I did that once- accidentally buried them in a pot sometime early in veg. They were lovingly fed and watered for many more months, but never sprouted.
Even though they didn’t grow or flower, it was successful in the end. By the time I found them again I’d had to buy a couple more pairs. So I planted one pair of scissors and ended up with three at time of harvest.

I did that once- accidentally buried them in a pot sometime early in veg. They were lovingly fed and watered for many more months, but never sprouted.
Even though they didn’t grow or flower, it was successful in the end. By the time I found them again I’d had to buy a couple more pairs. So I planted one pair of scissors and ended up with three at time of harvest.
Haha. That is true.
I hope mine sprouts, but my luck it will grow the left handed male scissors and I will have to kill them.
I have so many places that I have buried the stems and roots, I have no idea where to start digging.

Back
Top Bottom