Second Flowering Stage

MrWhat

Hi all,
as said in another thread, I'm growing 1 Peppermint Kush (barney's farm).
3-4 weeks into flowering, grow room 60 x 60 x 140, soil medium (18l pot), Led Apollo4-like (150w, 3w chip), full Hesi nutes.
Hesi produces 2 nutes (Hesi Fosfor Plus - Hesi Boost) which have to be given to the plants ONLY in the SECOND FLOWERING STAGE. I know this stage begins around 3 or 4 weeks after the light switch to 12/12.

Here comes the question:
What should I look at to understand the plant is ready for these nutes? The plant surely has a way to tell me "hey it's time!", but how?

Thank You in advance, and I will post some pic of my plant asap.

As far as I know there's only Veg, and Flower. I don't know of a second flowering stage.

For that strain, it says your Flower time is 60-70 days. The halfway point would be 4-5 weeks, so you should be ok to start feeding then?

Can you tell me a little more about what is involved in the 2nd flowering stage?

This will help you in adding pictures: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thank you Antics,
they may mean the second half of flowering, the last month or so.
I don't know what is involved in this particular stage, I suppose the plant should show something. maybe not. that was my question ^^

btw, tyvm for your reply

Well you might know something I don't on the second stage, I've only called it Veg, or Flower.

Flower begins when we switch the lights to a 12/12 schedule. Growers will count from the day of the switch to keep track of time in flower so we get a good idea when to harvest. Now as the plant detects this 12/12 switch, you'll start seeing some bud production, and there's a short period of insane growth, referred to as the stretch, or stretch period. This is the last big bit of Vegetative growth you'll see, after this almost all the plant's energy is focused on flowering.

After the stretch which I believe is in the first week or two, the rest of the flowering period is just growing buds, then you'll see trichome production increase, and the buds keep growing to fill in the colas.

As for something the plant will show you, a lot of it I really base on the flowering timeline provided by the seed vendor to be honest. There are probably experienced growers out there that can do these things blind folded lol, but I'm a newer grower, so I try to stick closely to the easy ways as I learn more.

You're about halfway through flower now, so you should be right in the correct time window for those nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom