Seeds? Perhaps they hermed?

Lisa2265

Hey everyone! I know I e been away for a while been a busy summer.
I have a couple questions for the smartest growers I know.
I was growing some pineapple kush in May and I had a light/heat situation in my veg tent so I brought them outside. I had about 10 plants outside all summer , all doing beautiful except for the pineapple kush. They were stunted. But I left them to grow. A few weeks back I started noticing things I had never seen before so I moved them to the other end of the patio, about 150 ft away from the rest of the plants. Today I checked on them and I noticed pods with seeds in them so I am going to say perhaps they hermed? They have flowers and seed pods. So now here comes my questions, I cut it because I had 30% amber trichs and I hung it to dry. First question: are the flowers smokeable? And two are the seeds female, regular? It would be wonderful if they were female. But if there’s now way of knowing, I won’t grow them inside the tent this winter, I’ll wait until next spring when I bring them outside.
Thanks in advance!!

D05A8C60-3009-4ACF-9BA9-CFB34C9A45D2.jpeg

1C3508F5-2F10-479A-ACCC-3375777BD32A.jpeg

27C9DC73-C01E-4DC4-BDA9-72FDAA323B1E.jpeg

Hey everyone! I know I e been away for a while been a busy summer.
I have a couple questions for the smartest growers I know.
I was growing some pineapple kush in May and I had a light/heat situation in my veg tent so I brought them outside. I had about 10 plants outside all summer , all doing beautiful except for the pineapple kush. They were stunted. But I left them to grow. A few weeks back I started noticing things I had never seen before so I moved them to the other end of the patio, about 150 ft away from the rest of the plants. Today I checked on them and I noticed pods with seeds in them so I am going to say perhaps they hermed? They have flowers and seed pods. So now here comes my questions, I cut it because I had 30% amber trichs and I hung it to dry. First question: are the flowers smokeable? And two are the seeds female, regular? It would be wonderful if they were female. But if there’s now way of knowing, I won’t grow them inside the tent this winter, I’ll wait until next spring when I bring them outside.
Thanks in advance!!

D05A8C60-3009-4ACF-9BA9-CFB34C9A45D2.jpeg

1C3508F5-2F10-479A-ACCC-3375777BD32A.jpeg

27C9DC73-C01E-4DC4-BDA9-72FDAA323B1E.jpeg
Will most likely be male & female seeds. If it did herme than the offspring may herme also

As outside could be anything less you find bananas to know for sure it came from that one plant then be fem seeds, as could have been one somewhere nearby that you don't know about. 40 years ago most you could get had seeds in it and we didn't die ;) only time a problem is if you miss one and it blows up in your bowl or you jay :rofl: as tastes bad and sometimes blowing up puts some that on fire in your lap which really really sucks :rofl:

As outside could be anything less you find bananas to know for sure it came from that one plant then be fem seeds
A hermie is a genetic trait..if knocked up by a hermie you got 50/50 chance of another hermie trait whether its male or female and that is also a 50/50 chance. A fem seed comes from a plant with no hermie traits that is reversed with silver...meaning the pollen from a reversed plant will contain no Y chromosome. The point of this was to say that just because a plant knocks it's self up doesn't mean you will have fem seeds.

So basically I’m not using them.
It depends what your looking for I suppose. If you want fem seeds with a great lineage, these are not the seeds for you. If you just like to tinker around they might be useful. I would personally just make extracts with seeded stuff but you could smoke it I guess. I had a budtender once yell at me for using the phone because he said it was against some medical patients right act or some BS..and right after acting all medical tried to sell me seeded mids..

A hermie is a genetic trait..if knocked up by a hermie you got 50/50 chance of another hermie trait whether its male or female and that is also a 50/50 chance. A fem seed comes from a plant with no hermie traits that is reversed with silver...meaning the pollen from a reversed plant will contain no Y chromosome. The point of this was to say that just because a plant knocks it's self up doesn't mean you will have fem seeds.

Dang pain meds putting me in a fog and jumbling things all up in my brain, you are quite correct, I haven't played with my herm seeds to see if higher percentage chance of more hermies, to test out the "bro science" but would seem logical that it could be a genetic thing. And as the meds don't do much besides take edge off i'm toking more than my usual amounts to try and get pain down to a 6.....need to cut back in my posting if this is my new normal, as I will mix things up or just be flat out confusing in what I try to write :rofl: :peace::passitleft:

Dang pain meds putting me in a fog and jumbling things all up in my brain, you are quite correct, I haven't played with my herm seeds to see if higher percentage chance of more hermies, to test out the "bro science" but would seem logical that it could be a genetic thing. And as the meds don't do much besides take edge off i'm toking more than my usual amounts to try and get pain down to a 6.....need to cut back in my posting if this is my new normal, as I will mix things up or just be flat out confusing in what I try to write :rofl: :peace::passitleft:
That sucks you have to manage pain but I'm glad your feeling a little better now!

Yeah that’s probably what I’m going to do. When I was purchasing my weed, I would get weed with seeds in it and it wasn’t very good so I’m just going to use it for edibles.

Thanks.
Also, if you do end up finishing out a plant for seed production in the future... It's generally best to let the plant mature the seed past the 30% amber rule. Maybe an extra week or few depending on the strain.

If your plant self self pollinated through rodilazation (stress causing a female to self pollinate) then ALL those seeds will be female NOT prone to hermie.
The weed is fine to smoke—ever heard of the 70s??!!
If you had a hermie you would find calyxes(seed pods)and pollen sacks(balls). I examined your pictures and you have NO pollen sacks.
5031481D-9648-40BD-8010-E057A2A9B422.jpeg
2161E777-6624-4CA8-B2DB-FCC36A624A2A.jpeg
37939DC5-74E6-4A7B-807C-9CDD0F870661.jpeg

I have thousands of seeds made like you did by mistake. Here’s this years batch. Not a single seed in any of it. Grow those seeds.

Great thank you ! I was going to chuck them all. And to be honest, when I was a teenager, I remember I would get weed full of seed. Just broke it down, and removed them and smoked the up.
I’m going to do it. I trimmed my GSC today and when I was doing my final trim, I found two seeds. But nothing else. So I’m going to do it and just be learning what to look for if I have a male. Wish me luck. I haven’t started a new journal, still super busy but I have dropped several seeds.
I am in the hunt for straight up Sativas with great genetics. If you know of a good American seed bank feel free to let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again folks! I really appreciate all the help.

Great thank you ! I was going to chuck them all. And to be honest, when I was a teenager, I remember I would get weed full of seed. Just broke it down, and removed them and smoked the up.
I’m going to do it. I trimmed my GSC today and when I was doing my final trim, I found two seeds. But nothing else. So I’m going to do it and just be learning what to look for if I have a male. Wish me luck. I haven’t started a new journal, still super busy but I have dropped several seeds.
I am in the hunt for straight up Sativas with great genetics. If you know of a good American seed bank feel free to let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again folks! I really appreciate all the help.
A female plant has female chromosomes period. A female pollinated by a female can only make female seeds. When you buy ‘feminized’ seeds they pretty much do it like you did only on purpose cuz they get at least $15/seed.

Yeah so I tested some of my flower and sure enough when I was breaking it up a seed came out. So I’m going to see what happens. I’m not sure if I grow the in their own tent incase they are males. I’m still on the fence about it. My only question is when I am trimming, the flower look great and it’s not all the time I’m seeing seeds. How do I get the seeds without destroying my bud?

Yeah so I tested some of my flower and sure enough when I was breaking it up a seed came out. So I’m going to see what happens. I’m not sure if I grow the in their own tent incase they are males. I’m still on the fence about it. My only question is when I am trimming, the flower look great and it’s not all the time I’m seeing seeds. How do I get the seeds without destroying my bud?
Really ripe mature seeds will fall out of the buds by them self, when the bud is dry, lots you will have to bust up the buds to get them out, some may be immature & will not grow. Light colored seeds have less chance to grow but some strains are light.
You should be able to squeeze them between your fingers, without breaking for them to be good

also, you have time before the pollen comes out of the males. So as long as you check daily you can get the males out before they cause more seeds
you can also isolate it & save pollen to make more seeds or do crosses

Hermie still has decent quality to it, it’s just not the ideal result. My MILs harvest hermied last year and the product was still decent.. Sure it sucked to find seeds but I just used them to run experiments on and the smoke was still worth it. So much so that when I bought dispensary weed on vacation I couldn’t wait to get back to the home grown.. The seeds have also been just like every other seed for me this year. Some male some female, no herms.

Some people will say don’t bother using the product, You gotta think about where they’re coming from. Some cultivar that has pounds in storage can afford to be picky and choosy about their end product. Some of us need that extra income from not spending on the product.

Pic 1 makes fem seeds...pic 2 makes hermie seeds...you understand??

hermaphrodite-cannabis.jpg

hermie-banana-nanner.jpg
I think you have those pics reversed. The first one shows full male flowers and female flowers on the same plant. As far as I understand it, that would make it a genetic hermaphrodite. So it will produce fully hermaphrodite seeds.
The second pic shows a nanner, so it's likely a stress triggered hermaphrodite. I know people who have grown seeds from those in a less stressful environment and had female plants.
Or does the first pic show the results of using CS or STS to reverse a female? I don't recall what those look like.
If your seeds are producing male plants and female plants, they're pretty much definitely from male pollen.

Back
Top Bottom