Seeking Volunteers For Gallery & Grow Forum Moderation

Pick me....

Pick me!!!!

Good luck everyone...it's very rewarding helping this site grow, like so many of us do daily.

A future congrats to who gets chosen

Quite disappointing. Seems bureaucratic...

That's how we all judge or decide who we like or don't like here

We see your posts, grows, personality

Grow as forum buddies or not

The way Rob has done it for 25yrs, so it must work

Don't get upset that it's not the answer your wanting

Like he said..start today being a part of the community..maybe down the road you will get that opportunity

I'm very humbled to be noticed by you guys and it would mean a lot to me to be the chosen!

As I see myself I'm more in to the tech of growing than the botanical side of it. I have been growing on and off the past 20 years but the last 3-4 years its almost been around the clock. Since I found this forum I have developed my skills in growing very much since I started out with a fluorescent desk light and beat up HQL's and HPS's. My English language skills have also developed from my other Swedish native tongue.

I'm here a lot of my time and I'd love to try this out!

That's how we all judge or decide who we like or don't like here

We see your posts, grows, personality

Grow as forum buddies or not

The way Rob has done it for 25yrs, so it must work

Don't get upset that it's not the answer your wanting

Like he said..start today being a part of the community..maybe down the road you will get that opportunity

Not upset, I call it as I see it...
Like how you want to get into a "club" or union, you have to know someone that knows someone that knows someone. Its biased, and favorable to only those that make a name for themselves. Which is basically the way society is being conditioned, to allow your ego to fulfill whom it is you are, instead of actually getting to know someone for who it is they are, and the values or characteristics they can attribute... or am I just upset?

Like how you want to get into a "club" or union, you have to know someone that knows someone that knows someone. Its biased, and favorable to only those that make a name for themselves. Which is basically the way society is being conditioned, to allow your ego to fulfill whom it is you are, instead of actually getting to know someone for who it is they are, and the values or characteristics they can attribute... or am I just upset?

It's the members that already volunteer to help in the community that collect this reputation. In fact, maybe better than a year ago, back before 420 had the various ways to like a post, all we had was an icon that others click to add to your "reputation" that we all referred to as "reps", so you'll see that word frequently used in older posts for that reason. I definitely know what you mean about the 'in crowd' or 'cool kids', but this dynamic is inherent in EVERY group that people form, albeit a forum, church or political party. IMO, that's not the case here. The site is seeking volunteers that can carry out the objectives of 420 Magazine, but in a respectful calm and gentle manner. IMO, this is what kinda separates 420's forum brand from all other canna forums, at least the ones I have an account with. FYI, I got banned from THCfarm inside of 2 weeks, RIU just banned Woody last week because of that elitism, though IMO, that kind of moderation is not on 420. Our mods are awesome when contrasted with the rest of the internet. On many boards, mods are on a power trip, but definitely not here on 420.

Ok cool, thats good to know. Much less apprehensive now about forums, well at least this one specifically. Interested to see where this goes, seems how it has come such a long way from just a magazine.

It's the members that already volunteer to help in the community that collect this reputation. In fact, maybe better than a year ago, back before 420 had the various ways to like a post, all we had was an icon that others click to add to your "reputation" that we all referred to as "reps", so you'll see that word frequently used in older posts for that reason. I definitely know what you mean about the 'in crowd' or 'cool kids', but this dynamic is inherent in EVERY group that people form, albeit a forum, church or political party. IMO, that's not the case here. The site is seeking volunteers that can carry out the objectives of 420 Magazine, but in a respectful calm and gentle manner. IMO, this is what kinda separates 420's forum brand from all other canna forums, at least the ones I have an account with. FYI, I got banned from THCfarm inside of 2 weeks, RIU just banned Woody last week because of that elitism, though IMO, that kind of moderation is not on 420. Our mods are awesome when contrasted with the rest of the internet. On many boards, mods are on a power trip, but definitely not here on 420.

Quite disappointing. Seems bureaucratic...

Let me see if I can summarize it for you. After 27 years, and hundreds of thousands of hours of our personal time, energy and money dedicated to recruiting, hiring, training and losing volunteers because they didn't have what the job takes, we simply have no more to give to anyone who comes to us with a promise of who and what they are and claim they will give us. Either they'd lied their way through the process or they truly thought it was for them and they had what it takes, but it wasn't or they didn't. Meanwhile, me and my team lose dozens, hundreds, thousands of hours collectively, training people who just leave, some even to take what they learned and start competing sites. It's not fair to us. By reading your posting history, we know if you've got what it takes or not, which is half the obstacle.

In all honestly, I always say it's like cleaning monkey cages at the zoo. You're doing them a service, cleaning up their mess so they can be happy, healthy and thrive... meanwhile they are throwing shit at you. It's a thankless job that burns out the best of people who don't have thick enough skin for it, and takes a special kind of intellect and passion. Some of our best Mods have even been burned out and had to retire, it's not always fun being baby sitter, peace maker and psycho therapist for thousands of people daily.

So please take no offense, and don't run away thinking we are some lame sell outs who went corporate and don't care about the little guy. On the contrary, we are little guys too working our assess off behind the scenes for you, and need more little guys to help us get to the next level collectively.

Hope that makes sense and gets you on the same page.

:Namaste:

This place is much more than just a forum, Its a place where virtual family come to hang, exchange ideas and stories. its also a place where we see many thousands of daily guests who don't have a registered account come to find information, information that our virtual family post in these threads on a daily basis. A proven posting history shows how well a person can fit within the small team we have here but also how well they can work with the entire member base, as and when the need arises. I joined here in 2014, 3 years later i joined the staff.

I love that you guys folks give so selflessly to this community. It really stands out too that you’ve managed to cultivate and maintain a healthy culture.
Too bad we don't have enough revenue stream to ask for anything more than volunteers.

We could use a lot of help getting to the next level.
For my part anything I need I’ll get from a sponsor if I can.

Wow write a book and tell the world what we need to do to be better people then read the book yourself in the third person and see if it helps you also.

Back
Top Bottom