Should I be worried? Strawberry Cheesecake Auto browning sugar leaves

statusg

420 Member
Sugar leaves are browning on my strawberry cheesecake auto, it just started out the blue. I will be 13 weeks from seed on this coming Saturday which the breeder said it should be done in about 12 but Calyxes haven’t swollen and all trichomes are basically milky over most of plant no amber. I know about “fall colors” and what not as it isn’t my first go around but this has been one of the most interesting grows I’ve had and never had sugar leaves turn brown when the fans that are left are still green so I just want some insight? Should I leave? Should I cut to avoid bud rot? Thanks in Advance for anyone’s time !

IMG_7812.jpeg

IMG_7807.jpeg

IMG_7775.jpeg

IMG_7848.jpeg

IMG_7811.jpeg

That's about how my last grow was when I harvested. Had maybe 5% - 10% Amber at best. Everybody raved over it saying it was the best I ever grew. No more 20% - 30% Amber for me. That bud kicked some ass.
@Roy Growin has been mentioning this for awhile now. I have started harvesting earlier and been much happier with the results. And, when others start to say that "each new harvest is some of the best yet" it is a sign that we are going in the right direction.

It is very possible that we, as the growers, started to go too far about the amber trichomes without realizing it. Something similar to the saying that "if one is good then two has to be be better" when it often is not true.

I am also getting the feeling that some of the times when growers say that they are finding seeds and want to know what went wrong it is just a case that the plant was left in flower longer than it should have. Sort of when the female plant will produce some male flowers if it has not been pollinated. The longer the plant is in flower the greater the chance of more male flowers and more pollen. Then the greater the chance that the pollinated flowers will produce seeds that will be ripe at the time of harvest.

it's just a little heat stress. really nothing to worry over. i usually get at least some.

That Trich pic.... That's about how my last grow was when I harvested. Had maybe 5% - 10% Amber at best. Everybody raved over it saying it was the best I ever grew. No more 20% - 30% Amber for me. That bud kicked some ass.

that's about how we used to do it when judging harvest by pistils alone and not by the trichs.

Don't see anything that looks like light stress. Judging from the appearance of the plant, I'd wager, a small amount, that the light levels on that plant have been very low. Check the grows in my sig block for pictures of plants that have been given lots of light; all but the last grow were autos.

Most of my grows have had leaves of a similar color as part of the maturation process.

More info and some photos about your grow would be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom