Should I start flushing?

Joshthornbury

420 Member
First time growing. Cannot really tell if my trichomes are cloudy to start flushing.. Any help? Thanks.

Attachments

• 2020-9-14 17-42-36.jpg
    2020-9-14 17-42-36.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 2020-9-16 17-15-13.jpg
    2020-9-16 17-15-13.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 30
Hi @Joshthornbury and welcome to the forum! It does not appear that you are anywhere close to harvest time... and before you believe all the internet hype on the benefits of starving your plants at the end of their grow by giving only water, do some research... you have time. In today's modern world you have the choice to grow like an old hippy in the 1960's did by believing in this old wives tale, or you can follow modern science and feed your plants right to the end, allowing them to finish strong.

Hi @Joshthornbury and welcome to the forum! It does not appear that you are anywhere close to harvest time... and before you believe all the internet hype on the benefits of starving your plants at the end of their grow by giving only water, do some research... you have time. In today's modern world you have the choice to grow like an old hippy in the 1960's did by believing in this old wives tale, or you can follow modern science and feed your plants right to the end, allowing them to finish strong.

Thanks for your response. So I have done research. A ton of it and everyone seems to think they know what's best. So it's hard to come to your own conclusion when you have no experience. I have been using advanced nutrients in my 30 gallon soil fabric potted plants that are outside. What research has told me is that if I use these type of nutrients it's best to flush as it helps to prevent the cannabis from being too harsh when smoked. If I was using super soil there would be no reason to flush. Have you heard this before? Or can I not flush while using all these nutrients, which include.. Bud candy, a base nutes for flower, big bud, gph uptake, I've given one dose of magcal and will switch to overdrive in weeks 5 onward. I did purchase flawless finish for the flush.

holy cow the hydro shop saw you coming ...
AN - well it once was decent - has seemingly slipped in the last few years, and is one of the most expensive lines out there.

not saying don't use them now that you have them, but it's generally more useful to learn how to grow the plants out on base nutes first before experimenting. the first thing to get dialed in is the environment, most supplements don't do much unless the environment is there first.

i didn't flush with AN, but did find it useful to incorporate a water side in to my feed sched as AN will build up causing lock outs. i ran a f/f/w schedule, with any amendments added to the water side.

i switched up to mega crop a while back which simplified things and dropped my costs to pennies a grow.

the first thing you should get is a loupe to check the trichomes. those things have miles to go.

As a new grower myself, not so long ago, i was worried about giving my plants the best. I looked and searched for stuff. I didn't know what i was looking for. All those packages with their flashy packaging made me think my plant would be bionic. I forgot it is just a plant. My overall knowledge on plants in general was inadequate. I felt these packages could help me bypass that. It sucked doing all the reading that i have, well...not really. I have done good plants with All Purpose nutes. It seemed really complicated when i got started. I went to hydroshops thinking they would help me. When an individual owner of a certain shop referred me to Lowe's and NOT the other hydro shop in town, i realized the charlatans are after my money and dont care what happens to my plants. So, i sought out to give myself a heaping dose of botany. So...yeah. These hydro shop owners see us coming and they totally prey upon us and our lack of knowledge. I just couldn't bring myself to show up at some site and start asking remedial questions. But that is EXACTLY what a site like this is for. Great people with great knowledge. Too bad this wasn't what i did 1st, show up and start asking questions. Sorry...i get a little long in the tooth, so to speak

What research has told me is that if I use these type of nutrients it's best to flush as it helps to prevent the cannabis from being too harsh when smoked. If I was using super soil there would be no reason to flush. Have you heard this before?
Yes, I have heard this argument before. Super soil supplies all the nutrients the plants want or need, right up to the day of the chop. Why then, does pot grown in this way not taste of nutrients, and to the contrary, is the best tasting pot you can grow? It is because this nonsense about nutes being in the final product is a myth.... a proper dry and cure is the ONLY thing that takes those offensive green plant tastes out of pot... it never was nutrients that people were tasting... just bad cures.

holy cow the hydro shop saw you coming ...
AN - well it once was decent - has seemingly slipped in the last few years, and is one of the most expensive lines out there.

not saying don't use them now that you have them, but it's generally more useful to learn how to grow the plants out on base nutes first before experimenting. the first thing to get dialed in is the environment, most supplements don't do much unless the environment is there first.

i didn't flush with AN, but did find it useful to incorporate a water side in to my feed sched as AN will build up causing lock outs. i ran a f/f/w schedule, with any amendments added to the water side.

i switched up to mega crop a while back which simplified things and dropped my costs to pennies a grow.

the first thing you should get is a loupe to check the trichomes. those things have miles to go.

Thanks for the advice. Yes a do a feed water water schedule. I've also defoliated and popcorned the plants. Never had issues with nute defs or burns. I also managed to treat and also further prevent powdery mildew by using a mixture of water, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. The only issue I am now dealing with in the mid flower stage is a small thripe problem and I found a worm in one bud while checking for bud rot which I do daily. Hesitant to use any pesticides at this point

throw a pic of the whole plant up. or at least more of it lol. then we need some outdoor peeps to chime in.
hope you're in a zone that can get you to finish. what little i can see looks early.

They look really nice my tricomes look abit more developed them yours and I'm waiting another 5 to 7 days before I start mine I suppose it depends what affect you want it to have at the end mine are 49days into flower
You might want to feed just one to the end, just to see what happens, so you can put this myth to bed in your own gardens.

Back
Top Bottom